(The following is an in-character message concerning role-playing in the European Union.)
Welcome to the European Union! I am the Commissioner of Internal Affairs.? I would first like to extend a friendly hand of welcome. Here are a few tips and hints on how to get around and become an involved participant and active role-player.
1. FORUM: The best way to get to know the European Union and other members is to join and stay active on our forum.? You can find the web address on the European Union regional page on Nationstates, or by copying and pasting the following URL into your web browser:
Be sure to register on the forum with the SAME NAME as your Nationstates nation name.
2. CHECKING IN: Please declare your presence in the European Union Welcome Center in the European Union Information forum, then you can head to the Regional Map forum and stake a claim to a position on our map. The Soviet Union (our regional cartographer) will answer your request.
Next, post your military strength and size in the War Zone War List, which is a requirement before you can become an active participant in role-play.? I can honestly say this region is one of the best for realistic role-play, with several experienced, interesting, unique and intelligent people.
3. ENDORSE: Please endorse our regional delegate to the World Assembly, Gro?deutches Reich, and if you aren't a member of the World Assembly, I encourage you to consider becoming one.
4. ROLE-PLAY: The European Union offers a wide and varied structure of role-play activities, ranging from armed conflicts and diplomatic confrontation to economic partnerships and sports programs. Don't be shy! Everyone's welcome to participate!
4b. GOVERNMENT: The European Union has a very well structured government, complete with a regional constitution, bill of rights, and active legislature.? You as a member have certain rights, the most exciting being your right to hold a chair in the European Council, granting you sufferage and the ability to run for office.? Please visit the European Commission section and feel free to ask the Office of Internal Affairs should you have any questions.? Legislative decision votes and government office elections in the European Union are held often.? You must be active often on the forum in order to to be able to catch them and have your opinion be heard.
5. UNITY: Lastly, the European Union offers something many regions can't: true unity and brotherhood through organization, leadership and support from other nations.
I strongly encourage you to join the forum in order to gain the full experience of being a European!
Yours in Peace,
The Rt. Hon. Felice Sesto di Francesco, Commissioner of Internal Affairs
This is the message I would like to use as a welcome message. I have edited it myself in the hopes of appealing to all who stumble up the European Union and hopefully helping them to decide not only to stay, but to become active.
Please inform me if you find a mistake.