ECoJ Nominations, Oct/Nov 2021
EUROPEAN COURT OF JUSTICE ELECTIONS
NOMINATION OF CANDIDATES
It is time for elections to the next European Court of Justice. All five seats on the Court will be up for election for a four-month term.
Interested candidates should fill out all information below:
[Candidate photograph or image] Candidate Name: Home Nation: Incumbent? (Y/N): Biography:
Nominations are open NOW and will close at 23:59 GMT on November 1st, 2021.
Judge Benitio Lavitsky
Home Nation: Aspern, Gadalland and Aspern
Incumbent? (Y/N): N
Born in Osperfey, Benitio became interested at a young age with the laws of Gadalland and Aspern and their history in courts of law. He attended university at the University of Osperfey and graduated at the top of his class.
After university he was an apprentice at Brewmoor and Benelucia, highly regarded for their defences in major Layeonic cases, and was hired as the head advocate for the Criminal sector.
After working at B&B for over a decade, he ran for Councillor of Council Alcalde and won, being the consistent incumbent for over fifteen years in Gadalland and Aspern.
He is widely admired by Sertians for his continuous effort to refine the old laws of Gadalland and Aspern and find innovative, more humane ways to implement them, always priding himself in trying his hardest to uphold humanity over the law.
Candidate Name:Frans Svenson
Home Nation:Kingdom of Mennrimiak
Incumbent? (Y/N): No
Biography: was born in Hannkkara from a rich family but he never lived the life of a millionaire
He studied at the Old University of Hannkkara and continued studies in other countries like Spain and Reitzmag
He was graduated in master degree of laws and economy
Then he returned to Mennrimiak where he served as an attorney and then as judge on the supreme court of Mennrimiak, later he was elected judge for the European Court of Justice( This means he has experience on this).
Candidate Name:Judy Scheindlin
Home Nation:United Duchies
Biography:A judge for over 48 years in the Duchies currently serving on the highest court in the land. Known for her common sense ruling on laws and keeping governments to account . She will bring this to the court looking at laws and cases logically and with an eye to detail. She studied at Cair Para University up to Masters Degree Level.
Candidate Name: Benjamin Steyn JD EC
Home Nation: Empire of Inimicus
Incumbent? (Y/N): Y
- 1982: Juris Doctor, Imperial University.
- 1983 - 1997: Practised as a civil lawyer in Astro, Terra Quaestoris.
- 1997 - 2012: Senior Lecturer in Inimician and European Constitutional Law, Imperial University of Telum
- 2001 - 2009: Justice of the Appelate Court for Terra Quaestoris
- 2009 - 2012: Justice of the the Republican (now Imperial) Court of Appeals
- 2012 - present: Justice of the Imperial Crown Court.
- 2012 - present: Emperor's Senior Legal Counsel, responsible for advising the Imperial Government on all legal matters.
- June 2021 - present: Justice of the European Court of Justice
Candidate Name: Lygafaz Athlablomazen
Home Nation: Ruthund
- Graduated 1989 from University of Monuzav with an undergraduate degree in Administrative Law with a Minor in English
- Graduated in 1993 from the Kazmurbirha State Institute of the Arts with a Doctor of Juridical Canon (equivalent to Juridical Science in the U.S.)
- Became a lecturer for the Hukon Ducal University (1993-5), Queen Palhanu College of Law (1994-7), State Univeristy of Ruthund (1996-2004), University of Rangentazav (2004-2009).
- Assigned to the Appeals Commission on the Council of Law in 2009 for a 6-year term.
- Elected to High Lawspeaker to the Law Assembly of the State-City of Kazmurbirha in 2015. His term will end at the end of 2021.
- Published a Lawyer's guide on Ruthenish legal theory post-Monarchy in 2018.
- Served as Justice in the European Court of Justice from February 2021- June 2021
Candidate Name: Dame Clarisse Bourgeon
Home Nation: The Kingdom of Montenbourg
Incumbent? (Y/N): Y
Biography: Clarisse Renaldi was an associate justice of the Royal Grand Court of the Kingdom of Montenbourg and currente Justice of the European Court of Justice since Summer 2020 term. She was nominated by Prime Minister William Lipton on June 14, 1993 and has served since August 10, 1993. Judge Clarisse Bourgeon became the second of four female justices to be confirmed to the Court after Laura Hush, the two others being Minerva Gonagall and Isidora Kagan, both of whom are still serving in 2020. Following Gonagall retirement in 2006 and until Kagan joined the Court in 2009, she was the only female justice on the Royal Court. During that time, Clarisse became more forceful with her dissents, which were noted by legal observers and in popular culture. She is generally viewed as belonging to the liberal wing of the Court. Clarisse has authored notable majority opinions, including Obgerfell vs Hodges.
Bosco University (BA, LLB)
Hardard University (JD)
Candidate Name: Luis López Guerra
Home Nation: The Kingdom of Spain
Incumbent? (Y/N): N
- Graduated in 1969 from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid in Civil Law.
- Designed as a doctor on civil in 1975 by the Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
- Master's degree of Political Sciencies in 1975.
- Professor in the Universidad de Extremadura from 1975 to 1995.
- Professor in the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid from 1995 until 2008.
- Attorney of the Tribunal Constitucional from 1982 until 1986.
- Designated a magistrate on the Tribunal Constitucional by the Spanish Government in 1986.
- Vice-President of the Tribunal Constitucional from 1992 until 1995.
- Vice-President of the Consejo General del Poder Judicial from 1996 to 2001.
- European Court of Justice member from May 2020 to January 2021.
Nominations are now closed. The nominees for the European Court of Justice are thus:
Lygafaz ATHLABLOMAZEN (Ruthund)
Clarisse BOURGEON (Montenbourg)
Benitio LAVITSKY (Gadalland and Aspern)
Luis LÓPEZ GUERRA (Spain)
Judy SCHEINDLIN (United Duchies)
Benjamin STEYN (Inimicus)
Frans SVENSON (Mennrimiak)