Constitution 2015

• Unfortunately Councillor Jaevon's vote was too late to be counted.

With 5 votes for and 0 votes against, my amendment passes.

Final voting on this amendment to the constitution is now open. It will close at 11 PM GMT, 4/2/15. Bear in mind that to pass, this new constitution requires a 70% majority.

I, John Walters, on behalf of the Twelve Commonwealths of Halsberg, vote FOR this amendment to the constitution.

• Admin

I, Peter Montfort, on behalf of the Apostolic Kingdom of Angleter, vote FOR this amendment to the Constitution.

• Making sure to vote on time, I, Ralph Jaevons, on behalf of the Empire of Inimicus, vote FOR this amendment to the constitution.

• Admin

I, Acwellan Devoy, on behalf of the Duxburian Union, vote FOR this amendment to the Constitution.

• I, Fryderyk Kligenberg, on behalf of the Federal Republic of Poland-Lithuania, vote NO on the amendment.

• group:cid:2:privileges:mods:members

In my due official capacity as Councillor to Europe and as returning officer by appointment I can announce the Corelian results of the referendum on the amended European Constitution as follows. The NO votes 51,907,507 (37%) the YES votes 88,383,047 (63%). Thus I duly declare that Os Corelia has voted by majority to support the amended constitution.

Therefore, on behalf of Os Corelia I vote FOR this amendment to the constitution.

• Banned

Could the Speaker give the official verdict?

• ((OOC: Apologies. Been a pretty busy week for me.))

With five votes in favour, and one against, the amendment passes with an 83% majority. The turnout was a little lower than I would have hoped with such an important document, but no matter. The Constitution of the European Union has now officially been amended. My thanks to all who took part in this vitally important venture.

• Premier Commissioner Hitchens made his way to the stand, took out his fountain pen and, in a smooth and curving motion, signed the Constitutional Amendment in the Council. He then said: "I would like to thank all Councillors who have worked on this important document over the last few months and years, your work has not been in vain!". He scrambled together his papers and prepared to leave, but seemed to be reminded of something important suddenly, and said to the Council: "Before I forget, Councillor Jelesniak has asked for a few moments of your time. With your permission, Mr Speaker, I will give the floor to him."

• group:cid:2:privileges:mods:members

The Councillor stood up: 'thank you Premier Commissioner for giving me the floor. I am incredibly proud of the work we have done on this constitution now enshrined in European law, protecting our right as humans and defining our roles here in Council and Commission.It has been a great privilege to chair the UDoHR committee and been a privilege to work with you all.

I feel my time in council and serving my country in this role has come to an end and formally submit to council my resignation as Councillor for Os Corelia. It seems fitting to end on a high point and wanted to thank you all personally for helping me work on a variety of council actions of my years in the chamber and have found friends in many of you'

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.