ENAA Applications 2016 - Present

• Nation Name: Federal Republic of Azuro 

Applicant's name and applicant's authority to apply on behalf of their nation: Sergio Alzavara, Secretary of Defence for the 1st Chancellory, on behalf of the Supreme Chanc-ellor
    Nation's IC Count (must be greater than 0):
    Does your nation meet minimum requirements for nuclear weapon production? Yes, uranium mines and the Azuro Nuclear Advancement Facility, Pozo
    Reasons for applying: To create a flight of our Air Force capable of carrying nuclear missiles and land-to-land nuclear warheads all for defence purposes.
    Reasons for approval: The ENAA should approve the Federal Republic for the following reasons: 1. We are a progressive technologically advanced nation moving forward in the world, and we wish to have a solid defence system in place. 2. We wish to use the nuclear warheads to create an Iron Dome system, based on Israel's defence system that has shown success. 3. This defence system will be for the good of the European Union and for peace overall as we wish to share as we develop this in an open environment Our goals are short but not simple, however straightforward and honest. Minister of Advanced Innovation and Science Dr. Anna DeGelleri will be working with the Pozo facility to advance the research once approved. Full transparency, including allowing external inspections from EU leadership and the new Independent Azuro Nuclear Authority as a check point system. Thank you for your consideration. Written by the Office of the Supreme Chancellor, Federal Republic of Azuro
    Minister of Advanced Innovation and ScienceDr. Anna DeGelleri

@Halsberg said:

Nation Name:

Applicant's name and applicant's authority to apply on behalf of their nation: Nation's IC Count (must be greater than 0): Does your nation meet minimum requirements for nuclear weapon production? (Find this in your war list in the technology section) Your answer does not necessarily have to be yes, although your license will be for trade only if you are not capable of producing your own weaponry: Reasons for applying: Why do you want to produce a nuclear arsenal?: Reasons for approval: Why should the ENAA grant approval?:

• [b]Nation Name: [/b] The Empire of Inimicus
    [b]Applicant's name and applicant's authority to apply on behalf of their nation: [/b]Imperial Defence Officer Jacob Churchill IC
    [b]Nation's IC Count: [/b] 112,263
    [b]Does your nation meet minimum requirements for nuclear weapon production:[/b] Yes

[b]Reasons for applying: [/b]

The Inimician military has been expanding rapidly in recent months and vastly since Inimicus’s entry to the European Union in November 2012. The Inimician Government is always attempting to find new ways to protect its sovereignty and its people, especially given the turbulent times we seem to be in these days. Conflicts in the north, the lingering Kaasian situation to the east, and instability throughout the union force us to look into extraordinary technology to safeguard our people’s freedom and rule of law. In recent months, Emperor Artabanos has given me the task of rearming and reinvigorating Inimicus’s armed forces, and I feel that nuclear weapons, terrible as they may be, are the best means of keeping a nation safe.

Inimicus is not a rogue nation, and we hope we should never have to use the horrible force nuclear weapons possess: we know all too well what weapons of mass destruction can inflict. Therefore, this application is a decision we have not taken lightly; we understand above all the huge responsibility that arming our nation with nuclear weapons entails. However, the Defence Office feels nuclear weapons are the next stage in safeguarding the sovereignty of the Inimcian Empire; and more importantly, the security and freedom of the Inimician people.

[b]Reasons for approval: [/b]

As you will know all too well, Inimicus has applied for a nuclear license in the past, but – quite understandably – was rejected. In 2013, our country was safe, but not secure enough to house the huge responsibility that comes with bearing nuclear arms. Now, almost three years later, Inimicus has been transformed completely. From a nation that persecuted those who thought differently, we have grown into a free, fair, and open society. From the corrupt corners of an evenly corrupt parliament, a clean and democratic legislature has been established. Further military powers have been given to the Emperor and Imperial Defence Officer, to safeguard and defend them, and our military bases are at an unprecedented security level.

In short: the Inimician government is in charge in Inimicus, no longer the terrorist gangs of the past, and all the negative aspects of years gone by. Inimicus is safe. Its military is strong. Its government unmatched within its borders. There will be no better time for Inimicus to accept the responsibility of bearing a nuclear arsenal – whether it be small or large. We have the necessary technology to safely and covertly produce the weaponry (although of course, we would never start production without ENAA approval), and we have the necessary manpower to safeguard them. Any dangerous criminals have, in recent months, been immediately apprehended by the Imperial Guard or other governmental authority; any threat to Inimicus’s government has been thoroughly investigated by Imperial Wardens; any suspicious situations concerning military buildings or compounds have been efficiently dealt with by police or armed forces.

Inimicus is ready to assume nuclear responsibility. We have grown massively as a nation, and as a people. Since our last application, Inimicus has transformed from the lawless federal un-entity it was in 2013 to a unitary, well-government, secure, strong, united country with an active military in 2016. We are capable of producing and protecting a nuclear arsenal; we are capable of prudently controlling a nuclear arsenal. So, I leave my application to your consideration.

• Admin

The European Nuclear Applications Authority has voted, with no dissent, to DENY @Azuro a nuclear proliferation licence. Azuro, a recent addition to the European Union, offered no reassurances as to its political stability in its application, and we know next to nothing about its military ((OOC: Azuro has no war list)). Indeed, we dispute that it does have the minimum requirements for nuclear weapon production. The fact that the lynchpin of Azuro’s application was to create a sort of nuclear Iron Dome ((OOC: Though the Iron Dome exists in the RP, Israel still does not)) did not impress the ENAA. Such a device would be both redundant and dangerous – destroying incoming missiles with a nuclear warhead rather than a conventional interceptor would serve no positive purpose, and result in a nuclear explosion in mid-air, presumably above the territory of the nation defending itself.

Azuro would be wise to re-apply in the medium-term future, once it can provide adequate evidence for its military capability and political stability.

• As the ENAA has not replied to Inimicus's nuclear proliferation application within the 7-day deadline, I do hereby formally reapply using the application above.

Jacob Churchill IC, Imperial Defence Officer of Inimicus

• Admin

The European Nuclear Applications Authority has voted unanimously to GRANT @Icholasen a nuclear proliferation licence, limited to 150 nuclear warheads. Icholasen is a successful and stable democracy, and has indeed proven itself a level-headed presence on the European diplomatic stage. Though the attempted regicide in 2014 and the bizarre allegations about the Ministry of Eurovoice in recent weeks have caused concern, Icholasen remains essentially politically stable, and as such there is no reason to expect that Nicoleizian nuclear weapons would fall into the wrong hands.

The Supreme Royal Premier of Icholasen recused herself from these deliberations.

• Admin

The European Nuclear Applications Authority has voted, by a margin of four votes to three, to GRANT @Inimicus a nuclear proliferation licence, limited to 150 nuclear warheads. Inimicus has indeed stabilised significantly since its previous applications, and there is no longer cause for the sort of concern that was prompted by the large-scale attack on military barracks in 2013. Inimicus’ government has also matured significantly, with erratic atrocities such as the Soman gas incident of 2012 now firmly a thing of the past. Inimicus’ recognition of its past shortcomings was also well-received by the ENAA.

Serious reservations do, however, remain – the gradual suppression of democratic institutions independent of the office of the Emperor raises concerns both about authoritarianism and about whether Inimicus’ current stability would endure if Emperor Artabanos were to be suddenly removed from the scene, as his two predecessors were. The presence of violently fanatical supporters of the Emperor, quite possibly even in the highest ranks of government, was also cause for concern. However, Inimicus is most of all a story of progress, and a majority on the ENAA trust Inimicus to address and overcome these issues as it acquires nuclear weapons.

• Nation Name: The Federation of Fremet

Applicant's name and applicant's authority to apply on behalf of their nation: Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović, Minister of Defense of the Federation of Fremet

Nation's IC Count (must be greater than 0): 18,103

Does your nation meet minimum requirements for nuclear weapon production? (Find this in your war list in the technology section) Your answer does not necessarily have to be yes, although your license will be for trade only if you are not capable of producing your own weaponry: Yes

Reasons for applying: Why do you want to produce a nuclear arsenal?: To protect the Fremetian homeland as well as its allies from rogue nations and terrorist groups, and to act as a deterrent from attack on the Federation

Reasons for approval: Why should the ENAA grant approval?:

I feel that the Federation of Fremet has proven itself to be a stable and secure nation over its time in the European Union. In Fremet's one year in the European Union, our military has never been mobilized and has never engaged in combat. The Fremetian Government promises to never maintain a first use policy and will only use these weapons if there is attack on Fremetian soil. The Federation of Fremet has been shown to have one of the most secure states in the European Union, this shows that the nuclear armaments in Fremet would not be sabotaged or its technology stolen. Fremet's stability has given its people security and prosperity since the foundation of the Federation. This stability shows that our government is highly unlikely to fall, and if so, a contingency plan will be in place. I ask that you take this request seriously and give me an honest answer. Thank you for your time.

• As the ENAA has not responded to Fremet's nuclear proliferation application within the deadline, I request that my application be resubmitted using the form above.

-Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović, Minister of Defense of the Federation of Fremet

((OOC: I know I said I would post this tomorrow.... But I needed to get it done just in case :) ))

• As the ENAA has not responded to Fremet's nuclear proliferation application within the deadline, I request that my application be resubmitted using the form above.

-Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović, Deputy Prime Minister of the Federation of Fremet

• Admin

By a unanimous decision, the European Nuclear Applications Authority has voted to DENY Fremet a nuclear proliferation licence. Though Fremet’s apparent political stability and recent diplomatic efforts are to be applauded, the ENAA is not familiar enough with its foreign and defence policy objectives to allow it to hold a nuclear arsenal. Nuclear weapons are not to be granted lightly, and it is important to note that the ENAA’s default position should be to deny countries licences unless they put forward a convincing case to the contrary, either through their application or, as in the case of Icholasen, through a long-standing record in the region. As such this decision should not be considered a vote of no confidence in Fremet, and we would encourage Fremet to continue on its current diplomatic path with a view to re-applying in the medium term, at which point its application may be viewed more favourably.

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.