Commission Endorsements & Campaigns, March 2016

• Admin

The EPA Team

We, the European Progressive Alliance, officially endorse Dr. Richard Dawson, Thomas Ericsson, and Anja Emerett for Commission XXI. Good luck to our candidates!

• Admin

Anja Emerett for Foreign Affairs

My Vision

I am proud to be among the first Progressive Alliance candidates to try and bring change to the European Union. As a progressive, I will be looking to help support a Commission that will facilitate and hold discussion on continues reform to the European Commission and our other institutions. I look to reform our institutions in order to bring about greater efficiency, aptitude and accountability to the government bodies of the European Union. I will wholeheartedly support a Premier that will follow in the footsteps of Premier Whiteford, who has done an amazing job in making sure that we hold serious discussions on improving our political bodies.

I look to establish and take part in a Commission that will work as a unified and consolidated team. It is essential that the Commission works together in a collaborative and supportive manner, in order to achieve a productive and organised administration. It is important that the Commission uses and pools its abilities and talents in order to reach the highest possible potential. I seek to establish a Commission that will not only work collaboratively together, but also one that works with the European Council and the European Court of Justice. If the Commission is to effectively carry out the Council legislation, and fulfill its constitutional duties, then it must be willing to work alongside the European Council, and it must have an open door to the European Court of Justice. Moreover, the Commission should also be working for the European people. I desire to help create a Commission that is willing to work with and be accessible to individual European states and their people.

I hope to foster a Commission environment that will set and work on clear agendas, and one that will value the importance of reaching goals and achieving substantial results. It will seek to re-establish the Commission as a productive, active and successful body. I believe that we should have a Commission that is bold and daring, and one that will not shy from performing their duties in the face of confrontations or dangerous situations. It is time we end do-nothing Commissions, and it time that we restore trust and integrity to this institution.

I wish to focus my abilities and talents to the Office of Foreign Affairs. Our Foreign Affairs Office is perhaps the most broken Commission Office, and it requires total reform and restoration. I will seek to not only restore the Office to its former glory, but I hope to have it elevated to heights that it has never seen before. I will seek to settle the current limbo effecting our embassies. We need to establish embassies in our allied regions, and we need to close embassies with regions with whom we have no business. Producing monthly updates for our allied regions ought to be the bare minimum required from this office, and I will work diligently to make sure those are routinely drafted. I will work to establish the European Union as a region that others find worth fighting for, and I hope to consolidate real friendships for our region, specifically with other regions that will keep us safe. I want to produce a legitimate foreign policy, one that will help us build true and solid bonds with our allies, and one that will protect us from foreign invasion. I believe that it is time that we take foreign security and invasion as a serious issue. It is also important that we have a foreign policy that attracts new members to the region, and it is vital that we establish a Foreign Affairs Office that will look to manually recruit states to our Union. I hope to create an Office that will also work alongside the Office of Internal Affairs, which will help newly ascended EU states with getting involved in European Affairs, and make sure that we create an environment that is helpful and friendly to new states. An inclusive community is one that is unified and prosperous.

I look forward to being able to spread my message and my campaign with you all.

All the best,

• Admin

• Admin

Anja Emerett for Foreign Affairs

Closing Thoughts

I hope you have all had the chance to see my performance in the European Commission debate. It wouldn't call it much of a debate, seeing as I was the only one who bothered to participate, but I glad to have had the opportunity to further speak about my platform nonetheless! As we head into the last day of the Commission campaign before we embark unto polls, I ask that all Europeans think critically of their choice for the upcoming European Commission.

It's important that we have a Premier that continues to foster dialogue in terms of improving our Commission and our other political bodies. Thanks in part from Premier Whiteford's hard work, we've had real and legitimate discussion raised in Europolis. We've seen change and progress made. We need to continue this interest and continue productive discussion.

Our programs and institutions are falling into inactivity and decay. I have focused my campaign on our Office of Foreign Affairs, which is in a particular state of decline. I hope to not only restore this office to its former glory, but I have also outlined extensive plans to make it better than we've ever had it before. Many of our other offices need to be rejuvenated completely too, and many of our programs need to be built up again from the bottom. It will take a lot of hard work to get it done, but it is possible. It will require patience, determination and a lot of focus.

Change and reform can only bring so much. A good Commission ultimately needs good Commissioners. Please consider which Commission candidate will be active and will pull their weight. Please consider a candidate that will be looking to work with others as a team. Please consider a candidate that will also work with the Council and the EcoJ. Please consider a candidate that will get things done. Please consider me.

You will very soon have a tough choice to make.

All the best,

• Admin

The EPA Team

We thank you for supporting our team. Thanks to you, not only were all three EPA candidates elected to office, but they also secured both a majority and the Premiership in the newly elected Commission.

Congratulations to Premier Commissioner Emerett, Commissioner Ericsson and Commissioner Dawson! We wish you the best.

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.