The European Order of Merit Act, 2017

• group:cid:2:privileges:mods:members

Thanks Cllr Firoux to responding to my concerns and by most part I feel addressed. I think my remaining concerns lie particularly within the selection process of the awards and a super majority process could initiate that. Coudl I ask for a prospective costing and as to what the actual award will constitute. 

• Dear colleague, please. People with knowledge and who are working in this domains are the most able persons to assign an award like this. I don't say people have to gather in a commission or organisation as we have different ones in the Council but from the moment a nomination is demanded those people can discuss this following their own domain. That is not a bureaucratic mess mister Firoux. Nominate and assign awards by councillors with a simple majority without consultation of different people active in those domains in different member states... That is a bureaucratic mess mister Firoux.

I hold on my point of view. I do think awarding the Order of merit to a politician assigned by politicians is just a wrong sign and I will not support this.

• Mod

As there is no Speaker present, and as the author of this bill, I believe I hold the right to extend the period of debate. The debate period will be extended 24 hours from NOW, meaning that debate will last until 01:00 GMT on July 7th.

I also propose the following amendment:

Amendment I
    Section III, Clause II
    When nominating a recipient for the order, a thorough explanation must given by the nominator to the European Council, whereby the nominee must meet the criteria of one or more grounds outlined in Section II of this Act. The explanation will be followed by a 48 hour period of debate, then a 72 hour period of voting, where the European Council will either approve or reject the nomination. A super-majority is required for approving the order nomination. 

Councillor Nørreport, I can't give you the figure in euros, but I can't imagine minting the medallions will cost anything more than 100 inquistos each, and I believe the most expensive thing of the whole affair would be the cost of flying the recipients to come to Europolis to pick up their order. For the most part, the cost of this order would depend on the amount of recipients we have. As this is an order that is designed to recognize outstanding merit throughout the European Union, I don't foresee us having more than one or two recipients a year. 

Edward Firoux,

Councillor of Inquista

Thank you for the further answer and with this amendment I conclude that I will be supporting the progression of this Act.

• Mod

Voting on AMENDMENTS begins now and lasts until 19:00 GMT, July 10. Final voting will begin thereafter.

There is only one amendment.

On behalf of the Microstate of Inquista, vote FOR for all amendments.

Edward Firoux,

Councillor of Inquista

• On behalf of the State Turkmenbaijan, I vote AGAINST this amendments.

Mrs. Esnith Annayewa
    Councillor of the State Turkmenbaijan

• The Federal Republic of Derecta commends this magnificent proposal and votes FOR all amendments.

HE Cllr. Julian Maverick,

F. R. of Derecta 

• Mod

I found the explanation by Councillor Firoux to answer any concerns I would have had on the legislation, and the amendments do address other specific concerns as well. 

On the behalf of the United Kingdom of Great Britain, I vote FOR the amendment.

Sir Edward Mountain, 4th Baronet of Oare Manor and Brendon

Councillor for the United Kingdom of Great Britain

On behalf of the New Parliamentary Republic of Os Corelia I cast a vote FOR all amendments  

• Mod

With 4 votes for and 1 against, all amendments have passed. Final voting on the legislation has begun.

On behalf of the Microstate of Inquista, I vote FOR this act.

Edward Firoux,

Councillor of Inquista

• The Federal Republic of Derecta votes FOR this act.

HE Cllr. Julian Maverick,

F. R. of Derecta 

• The State Turkmenbaijan votes AGAINST this act.

• The Government of Gallambria votes FOR this act.

I vote FOR this act

• Mod

With 4 votes for and 1 vote against, this act has passed.

Edward Firoux,

Councillor of Inquista

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.