Speaker and Deputy Speaker Election, 2017

• Mod

Time to elect a new Speaker and Deputy Speaker! The terms last for 18 months, and the roles involve keeping Council records, keeping order in the Council and making sure its procedures run smoothly, and doing rewording/spelling-'n'-grammar correction amendments for bills. Any Councillor can run.

NOMINATIONS start NOW and end at 02:00 GMT, July 25th, 2017. Speaker candidates will then DEBATE until 02:00 GMT, August 1st, 2017. A VOTE will then be held for BOTH Speaker and Deputy Speaker, and will last until 02:00 GMT, August 8th, 2017.

Nominees for the role of Speaker or Deputy Speaker should enter thus:

[Candidate Image]
    Candidate Name:  
    Councillor for:  
    Intended Position?: Speaker/Deputy Speaker
    Incumbent?: Y/N
    Experience:

• Mod

Candidate Name: Edward Firoux

Councillor for: Inquista

Intended Position?: Deputy Speaker

Incumbent?: N

Experience: A former prodigy within the Inquistan foreign service, Edward Firoux quickly made his way up the diplomatic ranks to become the Inquistan ambassador to Halsberg upon Halsberg's entrance to the European Union in 2011. In 2013, Edward Firoux succeed Mikaela Kligenberg as the Councillor of Inquista to the European Union, becoming the 3rd such Inquistan to hold that title. Since then, Edward Firoux has almost consistently been one of the most loudest and active voices within the European Council and has proposed almost a dozen pieces of legislation, as well as two dozen non-legislative motions. Edward Firoux is currently the second longest serving Councillor in the European Union and has held numerous leadership positions within caucus groups and former europarties. 

• Mod

Candidate Name: Sir Edward Mountain, 4th Baronet of Oare Manor and Brendon

Councillor for: The United Kingdom

Intended Position?: Speaker

Speaker/Deputy Speaker Incumbent?: N 

Experience:

- Member of the Scottish Parliament 2011-2017

- Member of the Scottish Parliament Ethics Committee 2014-2017

- 2nd Deputy Presiding Officer of the Scottish Parliament

• group:cid:2:privileges:mods:members

Image result

Candidate Name:  Dr Jens Nørreport
    Councillor for:  Os Corelia
    Intended Position?: Speaker
    Incumbent?: N
    Experience: Os Corelia councillor for 2 years, formerly chief of Corelian diplomatic Euorpean corps, trained by the Electoral College of Os Corelia and given inital speaker post of Pietros State Parliament 

• I believe the period for voting has started, so I, on behalf of the Federal Republic of Derecta, vote for  Sir Edward Mountain and Edward Firoux for the positions of Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the European Council, respectively.

HE Cllr. Julian Maverick,

F.R. of Derecta

• Admin

On behalf of the Apostolic Kingdom of Angleter, I, Gisela Stuart, vote for Edward Mountain and Edward Firoux for the positions of Speaker and Deputy Speaker respectively.

I would also point out that Jens Nørreport's nomination was late.

• On behalf of the State Turkmenbaijan, I, Saparmyrat Ogenyazow, vote for Edward Mountain and Edward Firoux for the positions of the Speaker and Deputy Speaker respectively.

• Mod

On behalf of the United Kingdom of Great Britain, I vote FOR Edward Firoux for Deputy Speaker. As a part of the United Kingdom's policies, I have been instructed to abstain from voting for myself in the Speaker election 

Sir Edward Mountain, 4th Baronet

• group:cid:2:privileges:mods:members

Well we know the outcome because it's obviously been previously agreed by members of this council but I vote FOR myseld to be speaker and do not cast a vote for the pre-selected deputy speaker of the house 

• Mod

On behalf of the Microstate of Inquista, I vote for Edward Mountain and Edward Firoux for the positions of Speaker and Deputy Speaker respectively.

Edward Firoux,

Councillor of Inquista

• Mod

I, Acwellan Devoy, on behalf of the Duxburian Union, vote for Edward Mountain as Speaker and Edward Firoux as Deputy Speaker.

Acwellan Devoy
    Councillor of the Duxburian Union

• Admin

I assume the results are in, and are as follows:

SPEAKER

Edward Mountain - 5
    Jens Nørreport - 1
    Abstain - 1

DEPUTY SPEAKER

Edward Firoux - 6
    Abstain - 1

Cllrs Mountain and Firoux are hereby elected Speaker and Deputy Speaker respectively. Congratulations to them.

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.