The Kingdom of Montenbourg - The Royal Household

• The King's Message on the pass of the Refugee Protection Act: European Council

Royal Press Release

30 March, 2018

"On Thursday 29 the European Council passed a bill providing a common minimum standards for the treatment of all refugees and asylum seekers. As we understand our European Union needed to put in place the tools to better manage migration flows, and refugees form part of this. It gives me great pleasure to send to My Dearest Councillor Granger and my Government, my congratulations on this historic occasion for the protection of refugees and the first bill approved by the council from our Montenbourg. 

In an increasingly turbulent world, our ability to unite in common action with other nations is essential. It is the bedrock of our security and prosperity and is central to your work.Thank you councillors, we are together for a better Europe."

His Majesty Lawrence I, King of Montenbourg

• Court Circular

Royal Court Circular of April 5, 2018

Bourgeon Palace

The Earl of Winchester, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Strasbourg International Award Foundation, this morning held a Meeting. 

Kestong Palace

The Duke of Strasbourg today attended the National Commemorative Service to mark the Fiftieth Anniversary of the Death of the Reverend Dr. John Klaus Junior, at the Royal Cathedral, Montague, SW1.

Londerbourg Palace

The Princess Royal this afternoon visited New Londenbourg Central Intelligence Agency, Embankment, Londertown SW1, and was received by Dr. John Knapman (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater Londertown).

Appendix To Court Circular

The King has been pleased to appoint the Reverend Elizabeth Henderson to be a Chaplain to His Majesty in Apulia in succession to the Reverend James Gibson. The King has been pleased to appoint the Reverend James Gibson to be an Extra Chaplain to His Majesty in Apulia.

• King's make Order in Council to create Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals and Minorities (DACAM)

Royal Press Release

April 5, 2018

"Today pursuant to my constitutional and head authority to conduct the foreign relations of the Kingdom, I have determined that it is in the foreign policy interest of Montenbourg. By this Order, I am setting forth how, in the exercise of our prosecutorial discretion, my Home Secretary will enforce the Nation's immigration laws against certain young people who were brought to this country as children and know only this country as home. As a general matter, these individuals lacked the intent to violate the law and our ongoing review of pending removal cases is already offering administrative closure to many of them. However, additional measures are necessary to ensure that our enforcement resources are not expended on these low priority cases but are instead appropriately focused on people who meet our enforcement priorities.

The following criteria should be satisfied before an individual is considered for an exercise of prosecutorial discretion pursuant to this Order:

* came to the Kingdom of Montenbourg under the age of sixteen, belongs to a minority group (LGBTQ, Muslims, Blacks)

• has continuously resided in the Kingdom of Montenbourg for a least five years preceding the date of this Order and is present in the Kingdom of Montenbourg on the date of this Order;

• is currently in school, has graduated from high school, has obtained a general education development certificate, or is an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or
    the Royal Armed Forces of Montenbourg;
    • has not been convicted of a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor offense, multiple misdemeanor offenses, or otherwise poses a threat to national security or public safety;
    and
    • is not above the age of thirty

Our nation’s immigration laws must be enforced in a firm and sensible manner, but they are not designed to be blindly enforced without consideration given to the individual circumstances of each case. Nor are they designed to remove productive young people to countries where they may not have lived or even speak the language. Discretion, which is used in so many other areas, is especially justified here. These are young people who study in our schools, they play in our neighborhoods, they’re friends with our kids, they pledge allegiance to our Country. They are Montenbourgians in their heart, in their minds, in every single way but one: on paper. They were brought to this country by their parents, sometimes even as infants, and often have no idea that they’re undocumented until they apply for a job or a driver’s license or a college scholarship. 

Put yourself in their shoes. Imagine you’ve done everything right your entire life, studied hard, worked hard, maybe even graduated at the top of your class, only to suddenly face the threat of deportation to a country that you know nothing about, with a language that you may not even speak.

That’s what gave rise to the Inmigration Reform Act. It says that if your parents brought you here as a child, you’ve been here for five years and you’re willing to go to college or serve in our military, you can one day earn your citizenship. And I’ve said time and time and time again to Parliment that — send me the Inmigration Reform Act, put it on my desk, and I will sign it right away. By this i make this Order official and sign it under law,"

His Majesty Lawrence I, King of Montenbourg

• Royal Press Release

April 6, 2018

HRH Princess Royal-Duchess Caroline and Duke Ernest Lewis have had a daughter.

On Friday the 6th April at 00.41, Princess Royal-Duchess Caroline gave birth to a daughter at Danderyd Hospital in Montague.

Weight: 3465 gram Length: 50 cm

Duke Lewis was present at Danderyd Hospital throughout the birth.

"We are thrilled about the new addition to our family. Leonore and Nicolas are looking very much forward to finally meeting their new little sister," says the Duke.

• His Majesty's Royal Household Invites to the Christening of      HRH Princess Diane

April 7, 2018

"Under His Majesty King Lawrence I and Her Majesty Queen Grace II. HRH Princess Royal-Duchess Montenbourg and the Duke of Strasbourg, Caroline and Ernest extend a formal invitation to the Christening of HRH Princess Diane, actual nephew of His Majesties. The service will be held at Gothenburg Cathedral on April 13."-. HRH Princess Royal-Duchess Caroline 

We send formally this invitation to the Royals and Heads of State of:

- Angleter

- United Kingdom

-Australia

- Omnibus

-The Republic of Atlexy

- Austrur

- Complutum

- Luz de Libertados

- Turkmenbaijan

- Icholasen

- Duxburian Union

- Inquista

We remind the guests, that they will be greeted at the Airport by a royal delegation. But formally be introduced to the King and Queen at the Christening Reception before the service. After the service the King of Montenbourg will host a state dinner for the Heads of State at the Bourgeon Palace. The officiating clergy at the christening of Princess Diane will be the The Most Reverend Archbishop Antje Jackelén, assisted by The Right Reverend Bishop and Chief Court Chaplain Dr. Johan Dalman, and The Reverend, Court Chaplain and Rector of the Royal Court Parish Michael Bjerkhagen. The invited guests are family and friends, representatives of HM Government and official Montenbourg. Princess Diane will be baptized in the same gown worn by Crown Prince James, Princess Helena, Princess Leonore, Prince Nicolas, Prince Alexander, and Prince Gabriel at their christenings. The water used at the christening will come from a spring on Monterini.

Princess Diane Alice was born on 6 April 2018 at Danderyd Hospital. Information regarding media accreditation will be published in due course.

HRM King Lawrence I and HM Queen Grace II

• The Queen's Message on the decision of the Riksdag about Gay monarchs.

Royal Press Release

16 May, 2018

Her Majesty The Queen, as consort-queen, has sent the following message ahead of this decision on Wednesday 16th May. 

"We all have reason to give thanks for the numerous ways in which our lives are enriched when we learn from others. My husband, the King of Montenbourg and I, believe that Marriage responds to the universal fear that a lonely person might call out only to find no one there. It offers the hope of companionship and understanding and assurance that while both still live there will be someone to care for the other.”

“The nature of marriage is that, through its enduring bond, two persons together can find other freedoms, such as expression, intimacy, and spirituality. This is true for all persons, whatever their sexual orientation…There is dignity in the bond between two men or two women who seek to marry and in their autonomy to make such profound choices.”

"No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice, and family.In forming a marital union, two people, either gay or straight become something greater than once they were."

"Without the recognition, stability, and predictability marriage offers, their children even if they are royals suffer the stigma of knowing their families are somehow lesser.”

"By pledging to serve the common good in new ways, we can ensure that our monarchy continues to grow in scope and stature, to have an even greater impact on people's lives, today, and for future generations.”

Her Majesty Grace II, Queen of Montenbourg

• Royal Press Release on the Appointment of His Majesty's Ambassadors: The United Kingdom, The Apostolic Kingdom of Angleter and Australia.

Royal Press Release

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS ISSUED BY THE PRESS SECRETARY TO THE ROYAL HOUSEHOLD

The King, on the recommendation of the Prime Minister of Montenbourg, has been pleased to approve the appointment of the following:

Her Royal Highness Caroline Thérèse Amelie Bourgeon, Princess Royal of Montenbourg, Duchess of Sträbourg as His Majesty's Ambassador to The United Kingdom.

Lady Catherine Banks as His Majesty's Ambassador to the Apostolic Kingdom of Angleter.

His Royal Highness Prince Jonathan Philip Edmund Bourgeon, Prince of Montague as His Majesty's Ambassador to Australia.

We aim for good friendship between our countries as a key for making beneficial relationships and ensuring a safer world as a result. Because we all do better when we work together.

Under His Majesty Lawrence I, King of Montenbourg

Royal Household Press Office

• Royal Press Release: The Queen's Award for Voluntary Service (QAVS)

Royal Press Release 

Was created by Her Majesty to recognise the outstanding contributions made to local communities by groups of volunteers.

Today 250 voluntary groups from across the Kingdom will receive a Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service. The Queen of Montenbourg went to the Royal Gardens of Bourgeon to honor the volunteers at a reception and ceremony.

The Queen's Award for Voluntary Service (QAVS) was created to recognise the outstanding contributions made to local communities by groups of volunteers. Any group of two or more people doing volunteering work can be nominated for the award for providing a service that meets a need for people living in the local community. 

Organisations honoured this year range from groups combatting loneliness and social isolation in older and vulnerable people to those working to provide social opportunities and sport activities for adults with learning difficulties.

Award winners received a certificate signed by Her Majesty The Queen-Consort of Montenbourg and a domed glass crystal. It is the highest award given to volunteer groups across the Kingdom.

• Message from His Majesty The King to Archbishop Paul Craticus

Royal Press Release

His Majesty The King sent the following message to The Most Reverend Archbishop Paul Craticus on 2 June to mark the occasion of his re-election as Archbishop of Inquista:

“The Most Reverend, I send you my congratulations on your re-election. My Government and I look forward to a close co-operation and excellent relations between the Kingdom of Montenbourg and the Microstate of Inquista. I would like to take the opportunity to send my best wishes for the unity, success and prosperity of your country and its people.And to open up more opportunities for our countries to work together towards common objectives, such as human rights, ensure the protection of our citizens’ interests and for our people to know our respective countries and to find beneficial activities for a better Europe.

Also look forward to the further strengthening of the relationship between our Montenbourg Roman Catholic Communion and the Inquistan Orthodox Church. Queen Grace and I send you our warm good wishes for your Archbishopric.

Lawrence I.”

• Royal Reception: Celebrating LGBT Pride Month 

Royal Press Release

Her Majesty the Queen-Consort Grace I talking with one of the key supporters of LGBT activism, Frida Lunera.

The Queen hosted the first-of-its-kind LGBT Pride Month reception at the Bourgeon Palace today. The reception brought together LGBT families, volunteers, community leaders, lawmakers and heads of LGBT organizations to celebrate the LGBT community. In her remarks, the Queen-Consort stressed that although we’ve made progress towards equality and fairness for all, there are still more challenges to face:

"Now this struggle, I don't need to tell you, is incredibly difficult, although I think it's important to consider the extraordinary progress that we have made.  There are unjust laws to overturn and unfair practices to stop.  And though we've made progress, there are still fellow citizens, perhaps neighbors or even family members and loved ones, who still hold fast to worn arguments and old attitudes; who fail to see your families like their families; and who would deny you the rights that most Montenbourgians take for granted.  And I know this is painful and I know it can be heartbreaking."

She continued to say that even though these struggles continue today, the country has refused to put aside issues of basic equality, and continues to fight against discrimination in a variety of ways:

"We have made progress and we will make more.  And I want you to know that I expect and hope to be judged not by words, not by promises I've made, but by the promises that the King's government keeps.  And by the time you receive -- (applause.)  They've been in office six months now.  I think you guys have pretty good feelings about Bettel government.  (Applause. Laughs.) I know that Lady Granger stood for a big cause today too. (Applause)."

The Queen concluded by honoring activists. A group of citizens, two of which were in attendance at the Bourgeon Palace, stood up to defy an unjust policy at the Stonewall Inn, and this small protest inspired others to stand up against discrimination, helping to spark the gay rights movement.  The Queen closed saying that we "must continue to do our part to make progress -- step by step, law by law, mind by changing mind," because even seemingly small gains can add up to monumental change for our families and our communities.

• Message from His Majesty The King on Pride Month

Royal Press Release

His Majesty The King sent the following message to Europe and Montenbourg on the passage at the European Council of June as Pride Month:

"Dear people of Europe and sons of Montenbourg, today all Europe will understand that no matter who they are or whom they love, love, it's an action not a statement. Every gay and lesbian person who has been lucky enough to survive the turmoil of growing up, is a survivor. And survivors always have an obligation to those who will face the same challenges and they are no more - and no less - heroic than the suffragists and abolitionists of the 19th century; and the labor organizers, Freedom Riders, Stonewall demonstrators, and environmentalists of the 20th century. They are ordinary people 'fixing what ain't right' in our society."fixing hate and prejudice. 

They wear no mark; belong to every class; and permeate every class of the community from the highest to the lowest; our neighbours, our friends, our fathers and mothers, our brothers and sisters, our sons and daughters. And if there is one message that echoes forth from this remarkable motion set by our country, let it be that human rights are gay rights and gay rights are human rights once and for all. Let us not forget that among those rights are the right to speak freely — and the right to love and be loved.

Go and tell the world that love is not something wind up, something we set or control. Love is a force that comes into our lives without any rules, expectations or limitations. Love like art, must always be free. Be free, keep loving and share the love. 

Happy Pride Month Europe!"

Lawrence I

• The King and Queen held Private Audience for Bleuling

Royal Press Release

The King Lawrence I and his wife Queen Grace II, received the King of Bleuling, Mr. Alexander III in the Private Audience Room inside the Bourgeon Palace.

During the 30-minute audience, King Lawrence I discussed matters of interest between Bleuling and Montenbourg. On these where the possible official visit, and the exchange of bilateral relations. It was of special interest from the monarchs to expand a trade agreement between their respective countries on the fishing, agriculture and mining industries. The King of Bleuling applaud the leads taken by Montenbourg for the betterment of Europe. The Queen-consort Grace II gave the monarch a present, a refugee "art" and an official photo, as symbol of the future relations between The Kingdom and Bleuling.

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.