Montenbourg - United Kingdom Summit in London

• Admin

10 Downing Street

"Your free trade agreement with Omnibus can serve as the minimum, with our added arrangements of pre-clearance," Theresa replied. "Free movement of goods, visa-free movement of will not take much work either, as we've already expressed what we'd want from both. We also, of course, would work with Montenbourg to establish pre-clearance at major airports that travel internationally in the United Kingdom, so that would be the London Airports, Manchester, Edinburgh, Dublin. The Maritime and Coastguard Authority will have to work with its Montenbourgian counterpart to stay on the same frequencies as to help eliminate the dangers of the rough North Sea crossings. 

"Okay, let's move on to intelligence sharing. As we've seen in Britain, with two terrorist attacks in London (one in 2011, the other in 2017) and in Omnibus lately, we must all remain vigilant and on guard to counter terrorism and its evil vices. I am, therefore, proposing an intelligence sharing deal in which our two security bodies, the agencies of the United Kingdom and Montenbourg, share relevant and pressing information about terror suspects in each other's countries so that the authorities can keep the public safe. We also would oblige any findings by either of our intelligence communities be shared in the event of an inquiry or trial that needs it as evidence. Does that please you, Prime Minister Anderson?"

• 10 Downing Street

"Yes, excellent." Said the Prime Minister."Montenbourg Intelligence Agency will be open to share intelligence with you. We believe that sharing is caring for a better europe and safety of our nationals."He smiled.

• Admin

10 Downing Street

"Wonderful," Theresa said, now having a bit of scone with jam and cream. "So that's trade and intelligence and travel all taken care of fairly quickly; our defence arrangement would be an agreement to joint naval exercises and cooperation in keeping the peace among the nations surrounding the North Sea, so that includes the United Kingdom, Montenbourg, Omnibus and a few others. That doesn't mean engagement, that doesn't mean protection, it simply means cooperation. The United Kingdom has quite a large defence force, unrivalled in the north of Europe and we do not wish to be seen as someone posturing aggressively but rather keenly interested in keeping stability in northern Europe a priority."

• 10 Downing Street

"Couldn't agree more, cooperation is the word, is the key of our arrangement." He smiled."So this is the start of a good friendship Theresa?, I will have plenty of time also as Prime Minister". He looked at the prime minister and laughed a bit.

• Admin

10 Downing Street

"I certainly hope so!" Theresa smiled. "Now, there's much else to do. I do believe we're going to be taken to Buckingham Palace for a private audience with His Majesty the King and Their Majesties from Montenbourg.

Buckingham Palace and the Mall

Renata was happy to see them take the long approach up the Mall before going through the official entrance.

"His Majesty the King and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office were delighted when I signed on as an official diplomat of the United Kingdom, and he will be even more delighted to see you all. It seems our families are tied by history. Would you mind brushing me up, I'm quite unfamiliar with the connection," Renata said to the Royal Family of Montenbourg.

• 10 Downing Street

"Yes, absolutely." Said the Prime Minister

Buckingham Palace and the Mall

"We are very happy of you Renata." Said the Queen." And yes indeed, my family comes from the McCorquodale House, my mother is Lady Sarah McCorquodale, Lady Diana sister. I moved to italy, when my mom divorced from my dad, and my stepdad became the premier of italy. Its a very short world. I haven't seen my cousins since a very young age when I used to come to play with William and Harry."

"Yes, Grace met King William when they were just kids." Said The King."In my case Renata, the House of Bourgeon has a very similar story from the House of Windsor. My great ancestors where Prince Alfred, Duke of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha and Grand Duchess Maria Alexandrovna." He smiled." a bit of history it happened that on July 9th, 1743, the Treaty of Bourgeon was established and signed. It established the House of Bourgeon as the official monarchy of the our new nation but it wasn’t till 1900 that The House of Bourgeon became the royal house of the Kingdom of Montenbourg. We were inspired by the name-changed your family did in 1917 from Saxe-Coburg and Gotha to the English Windsor because of anti-German sentiment as it also happened to us during World War I. So from Edward III and Queen Enriquette the houses of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha and Bourgeon have provided seven Montenbourgian monarchs to date, including six queens and the present king, this humble servant."

• Admin

((OOC: @Montenbourg Just to say, it would have been best if you had checked with UK privately before posting this. Claiming RL William's aunt as one of your characters and then claiming that your queen is the British king's cousin is something that could affect the UK's own internal RP, so it would've been good if you'd ran the idea by him to make sure he was OK with it before going ahead. In any case, the UK is free to ignore this if he so wishes. 

Also, there is no such thing as Italy in the RP. It's fine to refer to RL countries in the distant past (for instance, Angleter was founded by 13th century English crusaders, and Omnibus was ruled by the Romans), but not in the modern day. If you've got any questions, then don't hesitate to ask.))