Office of Internal Affairs Commissioner Münevver Birdane
Work in progress
Press Statement - 22nd of February 2021
I am grateful that you have elected me as your Commissioner. I am glad that my extensive campaign has worked throughout Europe. I have already gotten to work as your new Commissioner, I start my job with a sunk heart as I receive the news from my homeland breaking up into pieces. The system that Alkharya has been subjected to was broken for centuries, and the cracks are now showing even more. I hope that I can bring better days to my nation and better days in Europe.
For that, I am going to slowly roll out the promises I've made in my rallies. At the end of my four-month term, I will do, or attempt to do, the following:
- Adjust the budget of Eurorail to ensure no money is taken from non-participating countries
- Combat misinformation by adding a fact-check feature on the European Commission app
- Establish at least one summit in my term
- Ensure that Alkharyan turmoil does not spillover to nearby countries
- If possible, ensure a negotiation table with the Union of Syndicates after the terror settles down
I hope that I can bring substantial change to European Union during my term.
Internal Affairs Commissioner of the European Union