Markup: Preamble

• Mod

The Preamble is a standalone piece of the Constitution and may be cited and referenced simply as "Preamble".

Existing Text:

We, the sovereign nations of the European Union, in order to form a more cohesive bond between our peoples, establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, provide for a common defense, promote the general welfare, and to secure the blessings of elected government, liberty, and equality for ourselves and our posterity, establish this Constitution of the European Union.

I believe that a new one should be made from scratch, replacing these generic ideals with distinctly European ones.

Proposed changes:

We, the sovereign nations of the European Union, in order to**forge more cohesive bonds between our peoples, to safeguard peace and improve diplomatic relations, to advance achievements of humanity, to promote democracy and good governance, to flourish in economic prosperity, to guarantee liberty and equality, forever united in diversity, **establish this Constitution of the European Union.

What do you think?

• Mod

I do not find these changes remarkably different, however, I still support it in such a case.

• Mod

[OOC: The changes are to make it not a verbatim copy-paste from the preamble of the US Constitution.]

• Admin

I'd support this.

• Mod

The proposal is approved 3-0. We have a Preamble, folks!

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.