Markup: Article I, Section 1: Sovereignty Clause

• Existing Text:

_Article I [Sovereignty of Nations]

The member-states of the European Union retain absolute sovereignty over their own affairs except if specially outlined by articles of this Constitution. These articles are Article V under Chapter II. Nations refusing to abide by Constitutional articles are still protected by their own Sovereignty, and the Organs of the European Union Organisation are obliged to peacefully resolve any disputes if necessary, unless deemed impossible by both the legislative and executive power._

Proposed change to:

**8. **Member-states of the European Union retain absolute sovereignty over their own affairs exceptwhere provided by this Constitution and legislation passed by the European Council that is not in conflict with this Constitution.

Mostly rephrasing. It is implied that nations outside the EU are still protected by their own sovereignty and this need not be enumerated. Likewise, it is implied that the EU would represent member-states in a dispute with a non-member-state.

Looks good to me.

• Fine.

• A minute, but pretty necessary change in my opinion.

• group:cid:2:privileges:mods:members

I concur

• The proposal is approved, 5-0.

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.