EFP Summer Conference 2012

• group:cid:2:privileges:mods:members

user posted image

user posted image

The European Freedom Party Summer Conference

KMET Central Conference Centre, Kaldoon, Os Corelia

Esteemed colleague The Os Corelius Party & The Corelian Liberal Democrat Party are delighted to welcome you to the city of Kaldoon, the birthplace of the ELDL and democracy for Os Corelia, for the European Freedom Party Conference. The KMET is conveniently located in the southern district of the city near our Embassy quarter allowing delegates to stay at their Embassy.

The following format of the conference will be taken:

Opening Address
    Countessa Maleeka Liszckosi - Outgoing Premier Commissioner

Keynote Address
    Councillor Dominik Frank - President of the EFP

Party Speaker Address
    Councillor Livia Arcturus

Commissioner Speaches
    Commissioner Michael Reed - United Kingdom
    Commissioner Nadia Drissi - Marrakechia

Councillor Speeches
    Expected Speakers:
    Sir Francis DeBoyle - Laois-Offally
    Councillor Ruhanara Ali - United Kingdom
    Councillor Kairos Jelesniak - Os Corelia
    Councillor Nadia Drissi - Marrakechia

Party Member Speeches
    Any other party members are invited to give a speech, you must register this with the head of your delegation.

Presidential & Speaker Elections
    If the President and Speaker choose to step aside the process to replace them will begin. The floor will be open to nominate candidates for these positions and if required a ballot will be held. It is not it the EFP rules but etiquette is that candidates who run for Commission normally step down from key EFP posts to ensure both jobs are given relevant attention.

Manifesto Changes
    New manifesto changes will be discussed by a plenary session to be chaired by the Party President. All EFP councillors will sit on the party table and will be invited to begin changes. We ask only delegation heads offer changes and ultimately votes of their parties to allow the process to remain structured.

Closing Address
    The EFP President

Throughout the conference there will be side talks and exhibitions held in the exhibition hall next door to the conference hall. All party member delegations have a stand as well charitable groups and libertarian think tanks. Media coverage will be provided by OsCos TV.

On an evening there will be a cultural performance from a variety of acts including:
    Michael Kiwanuka
    S?gur Ros
    Macka B
    The Corelian Folk Orkesta
    The Imagined Village
    and more...

user posted image

Opening Speech

Countessa Maleeka Liszckoszi - Outgoing Premier Commissioner

Welcome delegates of the European Freedom Party for the 3rd Party Conference to be convened since our formation last year. This week I dissolved the Tenth Commission of the European Union and have left a job I greatly enjoyed. We now turn to face toward the eleventh commission with great hope, great prosperity and great cooperation. In 4 moths time we will be reconvened and reflecting on the great progress we are about to make in Europe.

I have always found europarties to be quite curious entities. Everyone in this room is sewn together with many ideological threads that connect us together and strengthen us and it gives me great joy knowing that we all share a common believe in advancing the liberty of Europe for all citizens.

We last gathered in London in December and have faced a tricky road but what family doesn't. We have all demonstrated our uniqueness in one way or another but have perhaps not agreed on everything. That's ok, that's why we're here! But we will be facing this upcoming election with unity and strength.

Look at where we have come colleagues in Commission Ten. The Child Labour Act by Councillor Arcturus, The Highway Numbering Act by Councillor Frank, The collaborative European Budget Act with ECL and S&D colleagues, the slow but transient evolutionary privatisation of the EUBC, Council consultations on EUBC rights, councillor selection, the role of the EU in conflict. That is a lot and we should be proud of the work of the EFP councillors in these achievements. I took great pleasure in signing off these legislations when they arrived on my desk. I am extremely proud of the co-operation our Councillors have shown with other Europarty members. A spirit which will constantly define this party for years to come.

During my last few months in office I got the opportunity to go and meet people from all over the EU and be asked questions, sometimes incredibly hard questions by the people of the EU. It really drove home the importance of representing the citizens of our respective nations. They see us as their voices on the issues we debate. We must make sure they know what is going on. The EFP is a party that can represent the people, that can connect with them and can get their message heard.

As I hang up my political boots and return to the County Hall of Os Corelia, I can always reflect on such a great term of development for Europe. The EFP have had a major hand in great change, but I know more change is on the way. In a few weeks time we will be seeing another EFP premier. That Premier will be Domink Frank, he has a voice across many political rivers and represent the will of the people.

Thank you for your support during my term in office and may our future ever be brighter. Peace be the journey!

• Dominik Frank

Hello family. It has been a great honor to serve you all these past months as the President of the European Freedom Party. I've had the pleasure of serving along side member parties such as: Freie Demokratische Partei, The Christian League, The Os Corelius Party, Freedom Party of Rhine Ruhr, Liobr?laithe Oscailte, The Liberal Center Party, Istiqlal Party, Libertarian Bloc, Alianza Republicana, Free People's Party, The Moderate Party, Partit Demokratiku tal-Kristjane┼╝mu, Partido Popular, Freie Demokratische Partei von Austrur, Embrian National Party, Lib Dems, The People's Freedom Party, and the Libertarian Coalition.

I will be vacating the role of EFP President, for I will be perusing Premiership of this grand region. I am ready to be the champion for this party in the coming elections and throughout the next Commission. Although I am excited to begin my run for premiership, I am saddened to see the end of Mrs. Liszckoszi's reign and departure from Europolitics. It is my hope that you continue to grace us with your influence and wisdom. Just under a year ago, we met together at a conference much like this one where we set a plan to begin a golden age for Europe. It gives me great joy to say that now a year later, we will be continuing this gilded time for this region.

Before I leave the podium for the last time as Party President, I would like to address the passing of a titan of Europe, Alexander Kligenberg. My heart and soul goes to the people of the now united Inquista, who suffered a great loss as we all did earlier this year. I am not just saying this only because he passed, but because he was a truly great man, worthy of all our respect. It?s people like him who bring us together like this to make a greater future. We?re going to make a lot of important decisions over the course of this conference, and I hope that Kligenberg watches over us. It?s people like him, and you, who continue to improve Europe day by day.

We face ever changing and tumultuous times here in the European Union. The past few months have seen large scale war, the death of innocent humanitarians, the detainment of our leader, political professionals are attacking one another in the halls of our capitol, citizens are burning effigies in the streets of nations, the overthrow of a government, and we have a nation on trial for disregarding unalienable human rights. Its times like these that Europe needs leadership. This party will be Europe's champion. We will lead this great region even further than our forefathers had. This next Commission we will stand for our ideals in the Council and Commission, we will defend both our manifesto and the constitution from foreign and internal threats. We will work cooperatively with the S&D, the ECL, and the EPP. We will protect Europe from the threat that is the European National Party. We will forge an age of European excellence. We shall make Kligenberg proud! As Premier I will provide Europe the leadership she needs to excel. I will embody the principles of this party: freedom, justice, and cooperation. I ask you now, who will stand with me? Who with me shall forge ahead to help the European Union reach her full potential?

Ladies and Gentleman this evening's entertainment is a reggae festival of the best reggae artists Os Corelia has to offer.

MackaB - Jah Will Provide

The Skints - ItMek

East Park Reggae Collective - Scientist

Jimmy Cliff - Headline Set

• ((OOC: I'm answering as president of the Popular Party of Kryuland, so no worries if I write here biggrin.gif))

user posted image

Mr. Luryk Far, President of the Partit Populari, Kryuland

_Dear collegues of the EFP party,

I'm really glad that my party, even if is not the biggest or the actual rulling party in Kryuland, can have the honor and the duty to attend to this conference. Our euriparty has done great strides during this commission: it has become one of the most influent (if not the most one) europarty with a lot of members that have acted very fairly.

If we have to take a stock out of it, well that would be with a glaring + sign: we have also improved the quality of life by introducing some bills, and of course we will continue to do so, for eu benefit.

I'd like to mourn here the death of Alexander Kligenberg, too, in order to recall him to our memories, just as the leader he was: my and my party's heart goes with his family and of course his country, which has been torn by this unbearing suffering.

But I hope, nonetheless, that this conference will make us exit even strenghtened and reinforced in our values and intension for making europe a safer and better place to live in!_

• user posted image

Ladies and gentlemen, esteemed colleagues, dear friends,

In many ways, we are standing at a threshold. Our European Freedom Party has grown and flourished, with an ever-increasing number of political parties represented among our ranks. Even now I must confess, to my embarrassment, that I do not know all of my fellow EFP representatives and guests as well as I would! On the other hand, I can find unexpected joy of it as well: has any Europarty ever before had such an abundance of parties and individuals and nations represented in the history of the European Union? Has not the road that has brought us here, today, been a most successful one?

My answer is yes, yes indeed -- and as it is with all success, we must not let ourselves become too content with ourselves! We have done well, very well, but could we not achieve even more! Right now, today, the EFP is more potent than ever before. And with so many people, so many parties, so many nations, we must also be prepared to ask ourselves: where to henceforth? Where lies our future destination? Shall we be content with our current party manifesto, or will we seek to modify and improve it? And so on. Let us be bold!

And from now on, we must also find our way without the greatest stewards of this party -- the cynosures of European politics beyond party limits, I dare say. The sudden and unexpected loss of Archbishop Alexander Kligenberg came as a numbing shock to us all. His tireless efforts brought the Inquistan people together, healing the bitter enmities of a bloody civil war, and of these heroic deeds, he had to pay the highest price. It was Mr Kligenberg and Mrs Maleeka Liszckoszi who got together to craft our party in the first place, to unite the squabbling and perhaps in a sense somewhat stale parties of the old for a common goal, for the good of the entire Europe. Now Mrs Liszckoszi returns back to serve her fatherland Os Corelia.

From a certain point of view, one might say that the EFP has lost both its father and mother and become an orphan; another would claim that we must now learn to stand on our own without the guidance of these two great visionaries.

My friends, with such a solid ground upon which our foundations were fastened, I say to you that we can and we will write a new and prosperous chapter for the European Freedom Party!

And we do have a new visionary too, I dare say. Ladies and gentlemen, Dominik Frank is your man!

(great applauses)

As we live the final days of Commission X, we have seen a great number of victories, big and small alike. Many a bill that has passed the European Council has originated from our party. Stellar work! This we must continue! The committees of the Commission have been busy with debate and discussion, and these brainstorming sessions have been nothing short of prominent. There are few places where Councillors can so freely exchange their views and ideas with their colleagues from other Europarties. The EFP has been quite open and accepting to the ideas and suggestions presented by the other parties, and I encourage us to continue this fruitful cooperation beyond party lines. We should never shun a proposal just because it was brought up outside our party. This kind of friendship and cooperation will in no way belittle the importance of our own party; on the contrary, it will make us even more influential a voice in European politics.

Election for the Commission XI are upon us shortly, and I have been asked to say a few words about my personal aspirations. As most of you are aware of, I am sure, I have declared my intention to run for a seat in the Commission. After my work in the Defence Commission under Commissioner Biel Barcel? of Catalunya i Balears, I would first and foremost aim to continue on this road, as the next Defence Commissioner. If thusly elected, I would do my best to give us a renewed European Peacekeeping and Relief Force by the end of Commission XI's term. On my list of things-to-do would also be a bill to put an and to biological warfare in Europe -- very similar to the Duxburians' chemical weapons act. My secondary goal would be the office of the Commissioner for Internal Affairs, and it would please me greatly to be able to present Europe with an institution to coordinate student exchange and find common minimum standards for academic degrees throughout the Union.

But enough of this self-advertising! I am sure there are more speakers eager to claim this podium.

Thank you, and let us keep our hopes up!

Livia Arcturus
    Party Speaker

• 'Offaly could not be represented at the conference due to major constitutional convention taking place in Frankenhalt. The Statsminister did however send a video message to the conference praising the work of the leadership of the party and proposing a united front on pushing for more growth in Europe post war.[I]

I would like to invite the party president to open elections

• user posted image

Rushanara Ali, European Freedom Party Representative for the United Kingdom

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I come before you today to announce my candidacy for the European Freedom Party president. I would like to present to you why I am running:

I would like to see the European Freedom Party champion personal freedoms for all Europeans. We have done so much to provide the welfare, fiscal responsibility, and interconnectedness that Europe needs. The budget bill, the European health card, the European broadcasters union, the European patent reform are all EFP ideas. We have completely transformed the European Union into a place where all Europeans have equal opportunity to resources.

We need to take this a step forward and become the party to represent personal freedoms. Europe has such a far way to go when it comes to promoting personal freedom and civil rights, as there are regimes and governments in our region that look to suppress fellow Europeans. We stand for freedom for all peoples and governments, and we must look for chances to promote civil freedoms to Europe.

We must also unite as a party further. Discussion and understanding are the best ways to achieve this unity. The European Freedom Party must continue to discuss issues, and add to them the social and economic issues of the time. We must continue to discuss ways we can see eye to eye and how we can work to achieve the vision of Europe that we desire. The Europe of hope, of prosperity, of freedoms for all people.

My final platform is the idea of continuing the idea of the EFP representing the ideals of civility, openness, and willingness to work with other nations to get our agenda across. Democracy comes from the idea of working together, and in order to encourage the environment of working together, we must work with civility. We cannot represent ourselves in a negative light when it comes to open debate in the Council; it casts all of us in a negative light and makes it harder to cooperate with the other representatives of the European Union. The EFP must continue to put the people who we represent first, and reach across the aisles. That doesn't mean we cannot disagree and stand up for the issues that we must defend. However, we have to continue to conduct ourselves in a civil manner.

With my vision of presidency, we have goals for the future. The EFP can provide the light that will illuminate the paths of our peoples so they can find their way into prosperity and freedom. We can be the light that does not allow our brethren of Europe to continue to be oppressed, persecuted, denied their rights, denied opportunity by regimes and governments. The EFP can and must be the future for Europe, and with my leadership, we can accomplish our ideals.

Thank you, and keep on fighting for freedom.

user posted image

Count Kairos Kelesniak, Os Corelian European Councillor

My dearest and esteemed colleagues, Europe is striving once again to reach a place of beauty, a place of wisdom and a place of truth. To have unity we need to unite, to have poise we need dignity and to have voice we need respect.

This party has come along way in a short time and we need to keep the stone rolling and things ticking over.

I wish to offer my candidacy for the position of party president as well.

We have a task, if not a civil duty, to represent the freedom and liberty of the people of Europe. We all stand in this room today sewn together by the fires of common belief. We are in a unique situation, we have a mandate for change and we can use it. The unique element of this, is that those once considered a political 'other' actually support change. Change through their own way, but nonetheless a grand step in a positive direction.

My predecessors in my role in representing Os Corelia have passed to me the responsibility of seeking to readdress the Declaration of Human Rights currently attached. I will take up the mantle and chair the committee in this cross-partisan venture to seek to protect the human. But this is irrespective of whether you honour me with your vote or not.

Why am I the candidate to choose? There is no doubting that Councillor Ali is a strong politician with a skill-set that is insurmountable to most! But I am different kind of candidate. My experience comes from 10 years as Vice-President of my country and chief policy maker for the Os Corelius Party. I dealt with politics on a line of national and European level. This is a line we need to balance upon.

I believe I can help unite the frontiers where we can ensure that national sovereignty is protected and respected by Europe and the Constitution of Europe and the human rights declaration of it is also respected. Sovereignty cannot be an excuse in situations of the oppression of the most basic of civil rights.

I have a series of simple propositions that if elected I will act upon:

1. Opening up EFP membership to anyone in Europe - When someone joins a member party they will be given the option to join the EFP as well. They will be entitled to attend the conference.

2. An EFP publication with regular updates and articles by member parties, councillors and activists

3. An EFP resource centre in Europolis for Councillors and assistants to access key texts, journals as well as office space, living quarters and meeting rooms.

4. The creation of an EFP executive made up of representatives from every member party to gather several times a month to respond to policy direction

We of course would need to consider a budget that an executive can decide upon.

I think these simple ideas could help the party gain an infrastructure. I can't do these ideas on my own or indeed don't expect to. This is work for us all.

I am honoured to be in a party with some of the most talented people in Europe and feel that we can progress toward that brighter, stronger, more united future.

Let's go grab that future,

• Would any other contenders like to throw their hats into the ring? While we wait for any further hopefuls to step forward, I would like to ask the candidates a few questions.

Rushanara:

How should we go about representing personal freedoms in the Council? Would we just continue to fight legislation that aims to limit freedoms? Would we propose new legislation to promote civil liberties? We must also be cautious not to stomp on national sovereignty and rights of the states.

Over the past Commission Term, we have witnessed a great struggle in this party to thoroughly discuss the issues of the times. We have also seen failure in discussions leading to new legislation from within the party. How will you be able to improve upon our communication struggles?

Kairos:

How does being a vice president of a nation prepare one to be the head of a regional political party?

Is EFP membership not already opened up to all Europeans? Aren't these members too not already allowed to attend our conferences?

I like the idea of this party publication, but shouldn't we be careful not to associate ourselves too closely with a media outlet that may house extreme views. This would be seen as a step towards super-partisanship which will reflect poorly on ourselves.

Why a party executive? We already have a president and a speaker, is it necessary to have another branch of party governing? Would this executive not add bureaucracy to our party system? We are a party of freedoms, why should we create an elite council to generate party opinions?

Thank you Councillor Frank for your questions.

How does being a vice president of a nation prepare one to be the head of a regional political party?

Every country will have a different job description for being Vice-President. In Os Corelia the Vice-President is the lynchpin to the mission of the ruling party. It was my responsibility to author every bill that we put before parliament. I also internally chaired my party to allow the Viscount to deal with larger issues. I stood down these roles to allow others to take them on and develop them.

Is EFP membership not already opened up to all Europeans? Aren't these members too not already allowed to attend our conferences?

The current system, as set out by Alexander Kligenberg and Maleeka Liszckoszi, is that member parties can join. But we don't actually have a proper membership system. If we open up a membership base, we can internally raise the appropriate funding to expand and develop our mission in Europe. We have to pay for things somehow. Currently at conferences delegations are sent, these delegations are selected by the member parties. I want to open it up to everyone where we can offer places for delegations and sell tickets to anyone on a first come first served basis.

I like the idea of this party publication, but shouldn't we be careful not to associate ourselves too closely with a media outlet that may house extreme views. This would be seen as a step towards super-partisanship which will reflect poorly on ourselves.

The party publication will be run by the party itself, never outsourced. And we are not extreme with our views are we?! All articles will be submitted through the member parties who will only pass on suitable material. All parties will have to adhere to a protection of freedom of speech but isn't going to be a problem. We are the party who supports freedom of the press and freedom of speech! It will be sleek and professional and of the people of the party.

Why a party executive? We already have a president and a speaker, is it necessary to have another branch of party governing? Would this executive not add bureaucracy to our party system? We are a party of freedoms, why should we create an elite council to generate party opinions?

Ok as I explain this you will have to follow me closely, and my response may require further refinements through your curiosity my esteemed colleagues. It is not what you may think or indeed worry for.

Everyone in the EFP, at present, has someone representing each member party. I want to get them round a table talking more for the good of this party. I want to give everyone a job, using their strengths to contribute to the party. It seems unfair just having a speaker and President in itself. With a budget we'll need a treasurer, with a publication we'll need an editor so why not spread the roles and the ability contribute. Also with all party reps round a table we can find out how we can unite behind certain policies in Europe.

I hope this explains my position and stances for my vision for the EFP. These are just progressions to advance the spirit of the party.

• QUOTE (Rhine Ruhr @ May 12 2012, 06:10 PM)

Rushanara:

How should we go about representing personal freedoms in the Council? Would we just continue to fight legislation that aims to limit freedoms? Would we propose new legislation to promote civil liberties? We must also be cautious not to stomp on national sovereignty and rights of the states.

Over the past Commission Term, we have witnessed a great struggle in this party to thoroughly discuss the issues of the times. We have also seen failure in discussions leading to new legislation from within the party. How will you be able to improve upon our communication struggles?

An excellent set of questions from the current Party President.

The EFP has fought for a lot of national freedoms and national sovereignty issues while also embracing the idea of interconnected peoples. We can also work towards a better promotion of personal freedoms and civil rights. We must work to prevent legislation that would damage the personal freedoms of all Europeans. This party must also work to stand up against regimes and governments who look to reduce the rights of our fellow men and women. Regimes like Mongolia, who use national sovereignty to hide behind their agenda of marginalising large majorities of their population. Civil liberties could be on the cards in legislation, especially on the more hot topic issues in civil liberties like the definition of marriage and rights of all peoples regardless of sex, religion, race, nationality, sexual orientation and the like. One of my goals would be to streamline and update the UDoHR, as it needs a severe overhaul both in the view of national sovereignty, and the enforceability of the rights in their current definition. Just because we also stand for the sovereignty of nations does not mean we cannot call the bluff of those who use it as an excuse to discriminate and oppress.

In regards to better discussion, I would focus more on providing different viewpoints from the outset as talking points. We must also realize that not all discussion leads to new legislation. It can also be useful to go back and review passed legislation. If there is something we do not agree with in Europe, current or past, it is our job to find it and discuss it. I provided an example earlier with the UDoHR, but there are other pieces of legislation available to discuss, as proven by other parties and their willingness to amend legislation. Hot topic issues are also very important, and these talking points must be brought up as often as legislative discussion. Knowing where we stand as a community of representatives is of the utmost importance. A wise man once told me: "if you can't write about it [the subject matter], and if you can't talk about it, you don't know it". This sticks out in the hot topic issues the most, as we seem to not only misunderstand our party's stance on the issue but our personal stances. Talking it out and working it out can only do good when we get on the European stage, where we will have to stand united for what we believe in.

I am not one to criticise those I work with or indeed those who I oppose in an election you are entitled to your take, but I cannot abide it when people present other people's work as their own.

May I draw the conferences attention to a council session on May 11th , 2011 where my predecessor Eldert Trilstrea asked the following of council:

'I am wishing to seek confirmation on what the EU Human Rights charter is if it indeed exists and what can we do in the case of direct contravention of such decree?'

It later transpired to the council that the constitution had in fact a basic UDoHR, so Councillor Trilstrea (now Lady Trilstrea) set about preparing to address a rewriting of it.

Note on the 5th of February, this very year, when Councillor Zapatero in the wake of Countessa Liszckoszi's incarceration renewed a call for such change to which Councillor Blasko-Blatsko responded:

'As the council is aware we are currently working on the new constitution to be voted on, after this is completed, as I have stated before, I will be heading up a committee to create a new UDoHR. I would invite Councillor Zapareto to discuss with me these ideas to add something like this into the new UDoHR. I believe it important we set in place a new constitution to create a framework for a UDoHR.'

Upon her election as Councillor for Os Corelia, Councillor Blasko-Blatsko was passed this mandate for change, which I have now indeed received.

The idea of streamlining is original I will grant that, but I wholly oppose having it ingested from it's current stance. This is the document to explain the civil liberties as a condition of being a member state. Something we cannot not merely make part of normal legislation, this needs to stand out and be special due to its very nature that defines how we as Europeans treat each other. A document calling for respect of race, sexuality, creed, gender, the list continues, is something I want to shout about. Something that brings pride into being European. This is a bold task that we mustn't cower away from.

• Now that we have heard from both candidates on their policies, and no further potential party President candidates, I say we open the election process. Normally a high profile politician would give an endorsement to a candidate and then the rest of the party would unanimously agree upon that candidate. This time however I would like to see an actual election take place. We have two candidates that share their passion for Human rights and aim to work together to form a strong UDoHR. These candidates have different views on how the party should continue in the next couple of months however. One candidate looks to strengthen the party from within, improving the current means of communication; The other looks to spread the word of the party, and increase membership.

The Candidates are:

Count Kairos Kelesniak
    Rushanara Ali

Voting shall end May 20th 00:00 a.m GMT. Good luck to each Candidate.

Do not be so hasty to cast your vote then head out the door. There is still much to be done upon electing the President.

The delegation of the Os Corelius Party vote for Count Kairos Jelesniak.

Lord Khayn Krimtak
    Os Corelius EFP Rep.

• The Liberal Democrats confer and select Rushanara Ali for Party President

Prime Minister Nick Clegg
    Leader of the Liberal Democrats
    Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland

• Istiqlal Party votes for Count Kairos Jelesniak

Serzh Alyaani-Baak
    Istiqlal Party Leader

• The Open Liberal Party votes for Count Kairos Jelesniak
    The Moderate Party votes for Count Kairos Jelesniak

• Alianza Republicana votes for Count Kairos Jelesniak

Naiara Basescu
    Vice President of the Government
    President of Alianza Republicana

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.