Climate Change Treaty

• administrators

The Br?xelles Protocol on Environment and Climate Change
    [The following is the original treaty as prepared by Derbyshire and Fife Minister of State on Climate Change, the Rt Hon. the Lord Jenkin of Roding, MP, PC, OM, as ratified by the Parliament of Derbyshire and Fife and the Bailiwick of St-Honor? and proposed by the Rt Hon. Michael McDowell, TD, PC, MP, Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury of the Commonwealth Dominion of Derbyshire and Fife.]

Preamble
    Be it resolved by all signatories hereto that climate change by means of greenhouse gases, herein defined as carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, sulfur hexafluoride, HFC?s, PFC?s and CFC?s, produced through transport, manufacture and the production of electricity should be kerbed in production so as to preserve the atmosphere and environment; to wit, it is an indisputable fact that sufficient irrefutable scientific evidence has been brought to the attention of the signatories hereto and the global public in general to convince said parties beyond reasonable doubt of the existence of climate change. To wit, the purpose of the treaty shall be to reduce the emission of said greenhouse gases so as to prevent additional irreparable harm to the environment.

Title I
    Title I of this treaty shall concern the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions through transport.

Article I
    Petrol consumption emission and future technologies.

Section I
    It shall be the policy of all signatories hereto that greenhouse emissions, afore defined, shall be cut overall by no less than twenty per cent through means of exhaust and the utilisation of petrol-fueled implements.

Section II
    Within nine months of the ratification of this treaty by a signatory, said country shall make available five, ten and fifteen per cent ethanol fuels at equitable parity and availability of conventional petrol.

Section IV
    As new technology presents itself, all signatories have the obligation to share such information, whereas said information and/or technology would further reduce emissions addressed in this title.

Section V
    Such changes shall be addressed by amendment of this treaty, the means of which shall be defined forthwith.

Article II
    The efficiency of motorvehicles.

Section I
    The application of fuel-efficient technologies to the manufacture of motorvehicles shall be regulated first, by this treaty, and second, by individual governments, which may increase fuel efficiency requirements, but may not decrease them below the standard of this treaty.

Section II
    The application of the above policy shall not be limited to the manufacture of motorvehicles, but throughout this treaty.

Section III
    For the intents of this section and all subsequent sections of this article, the term ?motorvehicle? shall be read to refer to sports utility vehicles, cars and non-commercial trucks.

Section IV
    Motorvehicles shall be classed, according to fuel efficiency, into three divisions.

Section V
    Class I motorvehicles shall be defined as having a fuel efficiency of more than forty miles per gallon, or accepted metric equivalent.

Section VI
    Class II motorvehicles shall be defined as having a fuel efficiency of between thirty and forty miles per gallon, or accepted metric equivalent.

Section VII
    Class III motorvehicles shall be defined as having a fuel efficiency of between twenty and thirty miles per gallon, or accepted metric equivalent.

Section VIII
    Motorvehicles having a fuel efficiency not sufficient to qualify in class III shall no longer be produced beginning nine months subsequent to the ratification of this treaty by a signatory. All such motorvehicles shall be referred to as class Z. Class Z motorvehicles shall also be defined so as to include all motor vehicles produced no earlier than 1995, and progressing from the ratification by a signatory concurrent to time elapsed subsequent to ratification. All signatories shall have the relevant powers to regulate, manage or otherwise impugn such motorvehicles.

Section IX
    All signatories shall be directed to encourage the purchase, by private citizens, of class I motorvehicles through fiscal or otherwise means.

Section X
    Section IX shall have no legally binding powers and shall not, if implemented, be used as a legal safeguard by an implementing signatory from prosecution relating to the wrongful implementation of section IX.

Title II
    Title II of this treaty shall concern greenhouse gas emissions by means of manufacture.

Article I
    Proscription.

Section I
    This treaty shall prohibit the emission of chlorofluorocarbons.

Section II
    The prohibition of chlorofluorocarbons shall begin three months subsequent to the ratification by a signatory.

Section III
    All signatories shall have the power to implement this and the subsequent article.

Section IV
    This treaty shall prohibit the emission of sulfur hexafluoride.

Section V
    The proscription schedule of sulfur hexafluoride shall be governed by section II of this article.

Article II
    Severe reduction.

Section I
    The emission of carbon dioxide, methane, PFC?s and HFC?s shall be reduced by twenty per cent within ten years of the ratification of this treaty by a signatory.

Section II
    All signatories shall have the power to implement the previous section.

Article III
    Minimal reduction.

Section I
    The emission of nitrous oxide shall be reduced by ten per cent within ten years of the ratification of this treaty by a signatory.

Title III
    Title III shall concern the emission of greenhouse gasses through the production of energy.

Article I
    Proscriptions.

Section I
    The emission of greenhouse gasses other than carbon dioxide in the production of energy shall be prohibited beginning nine months subsequent to the ratification of this treaty by a signatory.

Section II
    All signatories shall have the power to implement the above section.

Article II
    Severe reductions.

Section I
    The emission of carbon dioxide by means of energy production shall be reduced by no less than twenty-five per cent within eight years from the ratification of this treaty by a signatory.

Section II
    Section II of article I shall apply to this article.

Title IV
    Title IV shall concern environmental initiatives.

Article I
    The ?Green Trees? initiative: part I.

Section I
    In accordance with the policy set out by the Rt Hon. Michael Howard, MP, PC, one tree shall be planted for every tonne of emissions from aeroplanes.

Section II
    This shall be implemented by means of a value added tax, to be adjudicated and applied individually in each country. In accordance with NS UN law, no monies shall aggregate to a regional fund.

Section III
    Article I of title IV may be ratified or rejected independent of the treaty of the whole.

Article II
    The ?Green Trees? initiative: part II.

Section I
    In accordance with the policy set out by the Rt Hon. the Lord Jenkin of Roding, MP, PC, CH, OM, Derbyshire and Fife Minister of State on Climate Change, two trees shall be provided to every household for the encouragement of arboreal development in urban, suburban and inner city neighbourhoods.

Section II
    So as to affect section I of article II, the signatories hereto shall be directed to establish governmental departments of conservation for the implementation of said section.

Article III
    The ?Green Trees? initiative: part III.

Section I
    In accordance with the policy set out by President Luna da Silva of the United Provinces of Brazil, it shall be interdict to wantonly deforest any area be it public or private property.

Section II
    Private logging companies shall not be exempted from section I of article III.

Section III
    Signatories shall have all power of the law to implement article III.

Title V
    Instrument of amendment.

Article I
    Each amendment, to be affected, must either be approved by seventy-five per cent of signatories, or countries that comprise seventy-five per cent of the ratifying population.

Article II
    Any amendment that would remove a power or instrument of this treaty must be approved by a unanimous decision of ratified signatories.

Title VI
    Title VI shall concern the implementation of this treaty.

Article I
    Moratorium.

Section I
    To be affected, this treaty must be signed by sixty per cent of UN members in a region and ratified by a majority of signatories, or ratified by a number of signatories such that they comprise forty per cent of the population of all UN member countries of a region.

Section II
    For the purposes of the European Union (NS region), the UN delegate, upon the unanimous advice of the security council and the approval of a quorum in parliament, meaning a lack of opposition, the treaty may move from signatory stage to ratifying stage.

Addendum I
    Having previously ratified this treaty as domestic legislation, the Commonwealth Dominion of Derbyshire and Fife is counted as a signatory and as having ratified the treaty. Should any amendments be made, this domestic legislation of said Dominion shall become null and void and the Commons, assembled, of said Dominion shall re-convene to review amendments to the treaty.

Signed, the Rt Hon. the Lord Jenkin of Roding, MP, PC, OM, CH,
    Minister of State for Climate Change and
    Signed, the Rt Hon. the Prime Minister, Michael McDowell, MP, PC, TD
    Of and for the Commonwealth Dominion of Derbyshire and Fife
    And for the Bailiwick of Saint-Honor?.

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.