FIFA World Club Cup - Second Leg

• user posted image

user posted image

(Pitch side commentator) Welcome to the beautiful setting of the Grand Stade de Casablanca, in Marrakechia, where a capacity crowd of 95,000, await the second and final leg of the FIFA World Club Cup, between the European Union Dream Team and Gunners FC (British Isles)

This match is broadcasted European Broadcasting Union, with permission of the BIFA and the UEFA. Our match sponsors today are Emirates Airlines and Ford.

So let?s have a quick word with the studio panel about today?s game.

(Studio panel) Franco Rasa Also for the second leg of this exciting interregional event, we invited two legends. Welcome Johan Cruyff and Diego Maradona, Let?s start with you, Johan. The first leg ended with a draw, is this an advantage for the Europeans?

Johan Cruyff It might be, yes. They did not lose their away match, and now they can play on their own ground.

Diego Maradona Although you might add the pressure is quite high, the main priority will be coping with the stress I guess.

Franco Rasa The Gunners FC, will they feel less pressure?

Johan Cruyff I would not say that either, actually. They need to finish the game in an away match, which is certainly not an advantage.

Diego Maradona But since everyone knows they have this disadvantage, it would be a surprise if they won. Which gives them less pressure, in my opinion.

Franco Rasa Both regions start with the same team as in the first leg. Here we can see both formations:

user posted image

user posted image

Diego Maradona It is of course not a real surprise they keep their formation. Both teams have played very well in the first leg, it was a very exciting game. The first leg was the first real match of the EU dream team, but as Michael Platini stated correctly last week: they already knew each other from their encounters in the Euro Cup. We have seen that was sufficient, and after their first real match together, I suppose the coordination will be even better.

Johan Cruyff Gunners FC of course won the British Premier League by using this formation. They also played a good game last week, so I have no idea why they would change anything. As they saying goes, ?never change a winning team?, and it seems the British Isles have confidence in the saying.

Gary Lineker Thanks for those thoughts, but now it is time to take a look at the atmosphere in the stadium. Who can do that better than the one and only Carlos Torfo!

(Overview of the pitch)Carlos Torfo Thank you Franco and what a beautiful place here. Marrakechia, that hosted this year?s edition of the Euro Cup has invested like ? a lot in new infrastructure, and it really pays of now! Look at this beautiful stadium, le Grand Stade de Casablanca. Everyone is very enthusiastic here, with many supporters for both teams. The Corelian Beyonc? is currently finishing her last song, man, she can sing!

user posted image

And here come the two teams lead out by their Captains, everyone seems to be losing their mind right here! We are getting closer to kick off here and noise becomes silent for the Regional Anthems.

(Stadium Announcer) Honoured Guests, ladies and Gentlemen, please be upstanding and pay proper respect for the anthem of the visitors from the British Isles.

God Save the King

Now the anthem of our own European Union:

EU anthem

The European Dream Team won the toss and will kick off. Zarco and Thesaurus are waiting for the whistle and also the other players are getting ready.

????and we are underway! I hope you all enjoy this second leg of the FIFA World Club Cup, here in the European Union: welcome you all, this is EU Dream Team vs Gunners FC!

0:13
    Zarco has an effort at goal from the edge of the area that misses to the right of the target.

3:38
    Podolski takes a outswinging corner from the right by-line to the near post.

4:08 user posted image
    Goal ? Podolski gets on the score sheet with a goal from just inside the area to the bottom left corner of the goal.
    EU Dream Team 0 ? Gunners FC 1

5:14
    Cazorla produces a left-footed shot from just outside the penalty box that misses to the left of the goal.

9:05
    Effort from outside the penalty box by von Richthofen goes wide right of the goal.

11:13
    Zarco takes a shot. Blocked by The Apostate. The first action of the EU Dream Team.

12:14
    Kudrow gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Sloan. Tem Bristak restarts play with the free kick.

12:55
    Podolski concedes a free kick for a foul on Beumers. Beumers takes the free kick.

13:14
    Kaayin challenges Podolski unfairly and gives away a free kick. Direct free kick taken by von Richthofen.

14:18
    Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Oldenburg by Marcos. Free kick taken by Cazorla.

16:26
    Cazorla fouled by Sloan, the ref awards a free kick. Sloan restarts play with the free kick.

17:33
    Corner taken right-footed by Ganni Britak.

18:49
    Rovigatti challenges Podolski unfairly and gives away a free kick. Cazorla restarts play with the free kick. Oldenburg takes a shot. Save by Squires.

22:08
    Podolski takes a shot. Save by Squires.

23:25
    Podolski takes a shot. Save by Squires.

25:47
    Sloan challenges von Richthofen unfairly and gives away a free kick. Black takes the free kick.

29:37
    Unfair challenge on Beumers by Podolski results in a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Beumers.

31:18
    Podolski takes a shot with an assist by Oldenburg, beautiful save by Squires

32:02
    Podolski takes an inswinging corner by Cazorla to the near post, Squires blocks narrowly.

33:52
    Effort from the edge of the box by Wilshire goes wide of the right-hand upright.

38:41
    Pirlo fouled by Gibbs, the ref awards a free kick. Free kick taken by Beumers.

39:12
    Podolski produces a drilled left-footed shot from 18 yards. A new beautiful save by Squires.

40:39
    Podolski again misses after an new inswinging corner by Cazorla.

41:17 user posted image
    Goal ? Counter by the EU Dream Team. Zarco takes a short after an assist by Thesauros
    EU Dream Team 1-1 Gunners FC

43:20
    Shot from outside the box by Zarco misses to the left of the target.

45:00 + 0:46

Podolski concedes a free kick for a foul on Sloan. Free kick taken by Marcos.

45:00 +1:59user posted image

Half Time The players leave the pitch at half time
    EU Dream Team 1 ? Gunners FC 1

(Studio)Franco Rasa 1-1, is this fair scoreline?
    Diego Maradona Not really, actually. It could have been much more in favour of Gunners FC. They have missed a few good chances. Especially Podolski is very good today, I would watch him in the second half of the game. Together with Oldenburg, he is very dangerous. And the Europeans actually know it, they are doing everything they can to block him ? I guess the amounts of fouls and unfair play proves my point ? but somehow he can always get away.
    Johan Cruyff I completely agree. The EU defence is not doing a good job today. They are very lucky Squires is great today. Especially his save against Podolski?s 18 yards shot was great.
    Diego Maradona I also liked his save after the corner. He is without doubt the best European until now.
    Johan Cruyff Very true. Zarco is not that bad either, but he is unable to perform like Podolski. I am a bit disappointed in Thesauros, I hope he will do better next half. But of course we need to keep in mind the problems for the EU are first and foremost in the back.
    Gary Lineker I guess there have been some hearty conversations among the Europeans. But the second half is beginning, so let?s get back to Carlos Torfo. Both sides coming back onto the pitch and perhaps surprisingly, no changes for either side.

• 45:01
    The second half has started.

45:13
    Shot from just outside the area by von Richthofen misses to the right of the target.

45:45
    Zarco has an effort at goal from 25 yards. Narrowly saved by The Apostate.

46:53
    Thesauros gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Eire. Direct free kick taken by Black.

48:22
    Podolski has an effort at goal from outside the area missing to the wide right of the target.

50:20
    Thesauros is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Gibbs takes the free kick.

55:27
    Thesauros challenges Black unfairly and gives away a free kick.

55:48 user posted image
    Booking - Thesauros receives a yellow card for unsporting behavior.

55:48
    Eire takes the direct free kick.

56:38
    Shot by Zarco. Blocked by Kudrow. The Apostate takes the outswinging corner by Sloan.

57:02 user posted image
    Goal ? Counter by Gunners FC. Podolski finds the back of the net with a headed goal from inside the six-yard box after an assist by von Richthofen.
    EU Dream Team 1 ? Gunners FC 2.

59:20
    Unfair challenge on Rovigatti by Wilshire results in a free kick. Pirlo takes the direct free kick.

63:28
    Oldenburg has a curled shot. Save made by Squires.

64:18
    A cross is delivered by Podolski, Squires makes a save.

65:47
    Corner from the left by-line taken by Cazorla, Header from deep inside the area by Podolski goes harmlessly over the crossbar.

67:55
    Prilo takes a shot. Save by The Apostate.

69:37
    Unfair challenge on Arteta by Thesauros results in a free kick. Free kick taken by Black.

71:01
    Outswinging corner taken by Pirlo from the right by-line, blocked by Black.

72:37
    Tem Bristak has an effort at goal from just outside the box which goes wide of the right-hand upright.

73:15
    The assistant referee signals for offside against Thesauros.

73:15
    Indirect free kick taken by Gibbs.

75:32
    Oldenburg takes a shot. Blocked by Kaayin.

76:19
    The assistant referee flags for offside against von Richtenhofen. Squires takes the free kick.

77:51
    The official flags Thesauros offside. Free kick taken by The Apostate.

78:26
    Zarco takes a shot. Blocked by The Apostate. Thesauros takes an inswinging corner but hits the right goalpost.

78:56 user posted image
    Goal ? Zarco finds the back of the net with a headed goal from a cross supplied by Sloan.
    EU Dream Team 2 ? Gunners FC 2

84:18
    Podolski has an effort at goal from the edge of the box that misses to the right of the target.

84:44
    Effort from the edge of the area by Cazorla goes wide of the right-hand post.

85:15
    Counter by EU Dream Team: Pirlo has an effort at goal from outside the box which goes wide right of the target.

85:44
    Rovigatti has an effort at goal from outside the penalty area which goes wide right of the goal.

86:15
    Free kick awarded for a foul by Sloan on Eire. Black takes the direct free kick.

87:14
    Kudrow concedes a free kick for a foul on Zarco. Tem Bristak takes the direct free kick.

90:00+0:14
    Zarco takes a very long shot, approximately 25 yards. The Apostate makes a save.

90:00+1:46
    Shot from inside the six-yard box by Podolski goes wide right of the goal.

90:00+2:18 user posted image
    Goal - Podolski fires in a goal from just outside the area to the bottom left corner of the goal.
    EU Dream Team 2 ? Gunners FC 3

90:00+3:19user posted image
    The referee blows for the end of the match.

EU Dream Team 2 - Gunners FC 3

((OOC: This post was written by the Office of the European Commissioner of Foreign Affairs and again split since there were too many images.))

• The Gunners may have lifted the trophy after an exciting 2nd Leg today but the real winners were, football and the friendly co-operation between our regions.

The European showed great vision and courage in joining BIFA in an un-tried venture and made it a success.

We look forward to "locking horns" again next season and thank you all your your wonderful hospitality.

user posted image

• Good job Gunners FC and BIFA! Next time we shall be victorious. *Begins training the Rhinian National Team for next season*

• group:cid:2:privileges:mods:members

I would like to congratulate Commissioner Gomez on a successful and inspired collaboration with our regional partners in BIFA and the British Isles representative bodies. This has clearly been a success a I welcome its return.

Premier Maleeka Liszckoszi

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.