Words on the Death of Colleen Bennet

• user posted image

It is with great sadness that I speak today on the passing of my good friend and colleague, Colleen Bennet. All our thoughts and prayers are with her family at this very difficult time. I can attest that Colleen was a great Foreign Affairs Commissioner, and an even greater human being, and she was, is, and will continue to be an inspiration to us all, both inside and outside the Commission. It would be a travesty to let Colleen's stellar work as Foreign Commissioner, that which brought our membership to new heights, and revitalised both our relations with other regions and our process of inviting new nations to accede to the Union, go to waste through inaction. Therefore, I shall set into motion post-haste the process for a by-election for Foreign Commissioner, and I shall personally step in until the new Foreign Commissioner is installed. Yet today must be a day for remembrance of a talented woman whose impact on the world - in such a tragically short life and term in office - will be felt for years to come. It is up to us now to honour her legacy - we owe it to her to make her time as Foreign Commissioner the dawn of a great era, not a glimpse of what might have been. Thank you.

A condolence book has been left in the Premier Commissioner's office* for colleagues, dignitaries, and the general public to leave tributes and messages of condolence.

*((OOC: Yes, that means this thread.))

• group:cid:2:privileges:mods:members

It has been an honour and great privilege to sit on Commission with Colleen. She was a vivacious pro-active and vibrant presence that will be missed. A welcoming face for new member states and a behemoth of Ruhrian politics.

Commissioner Karolinasz Jaedala

• ECoJ

Colleen was a great commissioner. Her affection with this Union shall not be forgotten. I would like to associate myself with the Premier's remarks.

Augustus Barrington

• Colleen brought an amazing amount of energy and fresh winds into the Commission, and Europolis in general. She was a hard worker, and her plans to reform the foreign relations of the European Union will beyond doubt bear good harvest even after she is no longer with us. She is gone, yet her legacy will live on.

It's sudden and unforeseen times like these that compel us all to stop and recall the precious value of life, of each day.

You will be missed, Colleen.

Nadira Orcello
    Councillor of Pax Aurea

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.