Duxburian Union - Federal Office

• Admin

Statement from the Federal Office of the Duxburian Union, Office of the Aelir:

user posted image
    Good morning, I am Avoldran Dehn, Aelir of the Duxburian Union. It has come to my attention that the Davishire Liberal Party intends to defy the European Nuclear Applications Authority (ENAA) if elected on December 6th. It has made a public campaign pledge to develop nuclear weapons, ignoring multiple ENAA rulings against the country starting a nuclear program. The Liberal Party currently leads by a comfortable margin in opinion polls.

The Duxburian Union respects all rulings of the ENAA without question and will back the European institution against all credible challenges.

My country has always been a strong supporter of national sovereignty and does not usually care how or to what extent Davishire chooses to arm or not arm itself. However, ignoring the ENAA violates European law in a way that is "dead" serious.

I will allow 48 hours for the Liberal Party to respond, but due to the very short timeframe of the upcoming elections, the Duxburian Union will not wait long to initiate the next stage of action.

It would be?unwise?for the Liberal Party to continue down this path.

Avoldran Dehn am Nevian
    Aelir of the Duxburian Union

• Admin

Statement from the Federal Office of the Duxburian Union, Office of Elections:

"This is Bronson Aramar, Officer of Elections. I regret to inform you that Avoldran Dehn has been gravely ill these past several weeks and slipped into a coma 3 hours ago. The nation's best doctors are working on this case around the clock, but the illness has yet to be identified. It has been verified as non-contagious. The cause is also under investigation and nothing has been ruled out.

With the Aelir's prognosis uncertain, the Office of Elections has voted 7-1 to invoke emergency stewardship. Dehn's standing instructions list Dante Maximilian, senior advisor to the Aelir, as Steward.

user posted image

Thus, Steward Maximilian shall be sworn in immediately and exercise this role until further notice."

Officer Aramar ended the broadcast. He singled out Avery Raawlin, the only member of the Elections Committee who voted against invoking stewardship. "Your services on this Committee are no longer required. Please be out of the office by this time tomorrow."

• Admin

user posted image

"Hello, this is Dante Maximilian, Steward of the Duxburian Union. I am very concerned over the recent developments in Groot-Belgie and Bulgaria. We don't mind if Groot-Belgie develops cruise missiles or military satellites, but there is no reason they need to own intercontinental ballistic missiles of any kind. There's only one thing such weapons are good for, keep developing them if you'd like to find out.

As for Bulgaria, that should go to the ECoJ for UDoHR violations. While it's well known that the UDoHR is not the most well-enforced document, Bulgaria's harsh new policies cross enough lines to warrant action. The Duxburian Union is a fiercely egalitarian society and thus, we abhor persecution of people in un-meritocratic ways. While Groot-Belgie has perhaps earned a Steward Special Surprise, the ethnic, religious, and national groups targeted for marginalization and even death in Bulgaria have likely done nothing wrong other than exist.

• Admin

This is Dante Maximillian, Steward of the Duxburian Union. After considerable debate, I've decided to support Marc Grenouille for Premier in tonight's Commission election. The Commission has been so broken for so long, it is time to try a new approach with fresh faces and ideas. When you go to the polls, please don't abstain, give change a chance. We need a Europe that works for everyone. Through greater cultural exchange, we can come to a better understanding of each other. Through better support for those who are struggling, we strengthen the whole region. Through better access to markets and jobs, everyone can enjoy a better standard of living. Therefore, I endorse Marc Grenouille for Premier!

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.