Eurovoice XX: The Grand Selection

• user posted image

Greetings to all of the readers out there which are excited, thrilled or disappointed about the arrival of the new Eurovoice Song Contest, which is for the first time going to be hosted in the ever-amazing Red Croatia. Most of you know that there were rumors going around the region about this edition's theme being movie songs, and that has caused a lot of disappointed. Luckily for those that were bothered by that possibility, but those that were looking forward to it shouldn't turn their back on this edition just yet.

For this edition, we have planned something quite unique and special. After several days of discussing, we have made a decision that is going to make this the first Eurovoice featuring multiple themes.

Allow me to explain. This thread was created so those that are willing to take part in this edition of Eurovoice can confirm it, and because they've done so, a day before entries for Eurovoice open they're going to be sent one of the themes we've prepared for them, and they're going to be obligated to send a song fitting the theme if they want to participate. Only countries that have confirmed that they are sending an entry on this thread can participate in the contest. The selection of themes is going to be 100% random.

We have worked our hardest to make sure that each theme doesn't restrict someone from showing off their taste in music, but make it so that they are restricting a person enough so that they can't send anything they like. The themes that are for sure going to be implemented in this contest are:

**- Covers,

• Girl Bands,
    • Boy Bands,
    • Duets,
    • Songs from 90's,
    • Current Generation Music,
    • Movie/TV Songs.**

More themes shall be edited in soon enough.

These themes step into the territory of each other quite a bit, so for example, if you get the Girl Band theme, you're going to be able to step into the territory of Current Generation Music and the 90's and pick a girl band from there, but you're not going to have the full liberty of choosing what do you want from that period of time, and for example, if a boy band has appeared in a movie and sang their song, whoever got the Movie Song theme is going to be able to claim that boy band and enter the song that has appeared in the movie. I'm probably not going to allow documentaries.

**A willing country must confirm that they are entering by 19th of December!

Confirmed countries:**

• Gun-toting Animals
    • TerraMortem or Terra Mortem
    • United Romulan Empire
    • Qvait
    • Duxburian Union (?)
    • Os Corelia
    • Marrakechia
    • Halsberg
    • Northern Caesarea
    • Inquista
    • Kryuland
    • Newfoundland
    • Vinolici
    • Iyori

• The Confederacy of Gun-Toting Animals is excited for EuroVoice XX and will definitely be participating.

• Hold on, why the 90's? I was compelled to use a song from the 80's. I do not feel like listening to rap music, not now. If you can extend that to the 80's, I would love to confirm, but not until those expectations are reached. I apologize if this sounds in any way extreme.

• Sounds good. I look forward to participating.

• QUOTE (JCRules @ December 3rd, 2013 - 0:31)

Hold on, why the 90's? I was compelled to use a song from the 80's. I do not feel like listening to rap music, not now. If you can extend that to the 80's, I would love to confirm, but not until those expectations are reached. I apologize if this sounds in any way extreme.

That doesn't seem too extreme whatsoever, but if someone else gets to send an 80's song besides apparently you, Inimicus or Halsberg, they're not going to be very happy. There are many nice songs that can be found in each of these themes, and they aren't all 'rap', 'yoloswag' etc. so I don't think you have anything to be saddened about.

• The United Romulan Empire will be participating.

• QUOTE (Red Croatia @ December 2nd, 2013 - 16:36)

QUOTE (JCRules @ December 3rd, 2013 - 0:31)

Hold on, why the 90's? I was compelled to use a song from the 80's. I do not feel like listening to rap music, not now. If you can extend that to the 80's, I would love to confirm, but not until those expectations are reached. I apologize if this sounds in any way extreme.

That doesn't seem too extreme whatsoever, but if someone else gets to send an 80's song besides apparently you, Inimicus or Halsberg, they're not going to be very happy. There are many nice songs that can be found in each of these themes, and they aren't all 'rap', 'yoloswag' etc. so I don't think you have anything to be saddened about.

Alright, I shall confirm may participation, but keep thinking about my proposal though.

• |x|?v:ʆ?ʎ? ▽vჯ฿v?Жᐱʆᐱ┬ ᙔ? C\ᐱ|?|??Ȼ⇀??ᐱ┬|?|

• I have a 42% chance of being able to pick my music of choice, unless Hall & Oates counts as a duet and/or boy band.

• group:cid:2:privileges:mods:members

OsCos TV confirms participation in this edition of EuroVoice

• As stated before Marrakechia will continue to take part. The Stereophonics rumours are not confirmed yet by 2MTV.

Also 2MTV will make an official announcement on the 14th December which will be the Artist announcement. 18th December will the Song presentation which can be viewed on 2MTV via Web TV and EuroVoice Web Stream.

• Mass Effect RP

The HBI will be participating in the contest, and is looking forward to the variety of acts that will be competing at the event.

• TVCN will try to improve its disappointing performances in the last editions.

• Question: when you say theme selection, do you mean that it will be different for every nation, or everyone will select from the same given category?

• QUOTE (JCRules @ December 4th, 2013 - 4:32)

different for every nation

Mhm, more themes will be added.

IBC confirms that an Inquistan artists will be participating.

• The Republic of Vinolici would like to be a participant in The Eurovoice

-Do the songs have to be in English?

• group:cid:2:privileges:mods:members

No they don't have to be smile.gif as long as it fits the theme you are given

• KNK is proud to announce that Kryuland would sure participate in this event.

• QUOTE (Os Corelia @ December 5th, 2013 - 16:34)

No they don't have to be smile.gif as long as it fits the theme you are given

Ok smile.gif one more question as well, once we get accepted into The Eurovoice do we get a pm or a message describing the details, and when we would need to submit our song?
    -thanks

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.