L'Osservatore Romano

• His Holiness Pope Clement XV Resigns

user posted image

Today in a shock announcement made to the annual congregation of Cardinals in the Sistine Chapel His divine holiness Pope Clement XV announced that he is to resign his position as Bishop of Rome and Successor of Peter.

Pope Clement XV did not give a full detail of his decision but expressed the following concerns about continuing in the role:

'My dear brothers in faith, as we congregate here underneath the last judgement where 7 years ago you chose me to be successor of Peter, I must reflect on a long journey. We come here to discuss many an ecumenical matter but also to communicate to you a decision of great importance for the life of the Church. After having repeatedly examined my conscience before God, I have come to the certainty that my strengths, due to an advanced age, are no longer suited to an adequate exercise of the Petrine ministry. I am well aware that this ministry, due to its essential spiritual nature, must be carried out not only with words and deeds, but no less with prayer and suffering. However, in today?s world, subject to so many rapid changes and shaken by questions of deep relevance for the life of faith, in order to govern the barque of Saint Peter and proclaim the Gospel, both strength of mind and body are necessary, strength which in the last few months, has deteriorated in me to the extent that I have had to recognize my incapacity to adequately fulfill the ministry entrusted to me. For this reason, and well aware of the seriousness of this act, with full freedom I declare that I renounce the ministry of Bishop of Rome, Successor of Saint Peter, entrusted to me by the Cardinals on 19 April 2005, in such a way, that as from 6 December 2013, at 00:00 hours, the See of Rome, the See of Saint Peter, will be vacant and a Conclave to elect the new Supreme Pontiff will have to be convoked by those whose competence it is.

Dear Brothers, I thank you most sincerely for all the love and work with which you have supported me in my ministry and I ask pardon for all my defects. And now, let us entrust the Holy Church to the care of Our Supreme Pastor, Our Lord Jesus Christ, and implore his holy Mother Mary, so that she may assist the Cardinal Fathers with her maternal solicitude, in electing a new Supreme Pontiff. With regard to myself, I wish to also devotedly serve the Holy Church of God in the future through a life dedicated to prayer.

• Conclave Announced

user posted image

Today as Cardinals have begun making their way to the Vatican city to see the monumental retiring of Clement XV's papacy, the Pope has announced the plans for the conclave to elect his successor and the successor of Peter. This friday at midnight, the beginning of the new day the Vatican will see its rules become Sede Vacante as Clement XV will leave by helicopter to go to Castel Gandolfo to begin a life of prayer and reflection as Pope Emeritus.

Conclave will be starting on Monday the 6th at 3pm GMT with Extra Omines expected at 4pm GMT. The 70 Eligible Cardinals electors will take their seat in the Sistine Chapel and vote until 2/3 or 47 Cardinals have mutually agreed on a candidate to take the shoes of the Fisherman. Votes will be happening according to schedule set by Cardinal Todd Unctious, the Dean of the College of Cardinals. Once an agreement is made the new Pope will be asked if he accepts election, and if so he will be taken to the room of tears to be robed and then lead to the balcony of St Peter's to meet his congregation and the world.

During conclave there will be a complete communications blackout with no phones, or communication devices permitted in the walls of the sistine chapel and a faraday cage will be used to prevent bugging and spying. Vatican security have already kept constant watch on the chapel as preparations are made for the conclave. Cardinals will stay in the Domus Sanctae Marthae during the conclave with drawn lots assigning them rooms and all telephones and television will be disconnected to ensure no interference form the outside.

The followign Cardinals will play a key role in the Conclave:

user posted image

Cardinal Todd Unctious was appointed in 2005 as the Dean of the College of Cardinals by eleciton of the college an appointment approved by Clement XV as when Cardinal the Pope held the role and his election vacated the post. Cardinal Unctious is from Angleter and also hold the post of Archbishop of Palmyra and is Primate of Angleter. Cardinal Unctious will lead the mass before conclave and due to his age can participate as a Cardinal elector, leading reflections daily in the conclave. He will also if not elected as Pope himself, will lead the inauguration mass of the newly elected Pope.

user posted image

73 year old Corelian Cardinal J?ridan Vividek is goign to have the world awaiting his appearance on the balcony of St Peter's to either fulfil his role as Protodeacon or the new Pope (he is a Cardinal elector in this conclave). Cardinal Vividek, assuming he is not elected, will have the greate honour of announcing the new pope to the world. Once an election has been made he will appear on the balcony proclaiming:

Annuntio vobis gaudium magnum:
    HABEMUS PAPAM!
    Eminentissimum ac reverendissimum Dominum,
    Dominum [praenomen] Sanctae Romanae Ecclesiae Cardinalem [nomen],
    Qui sibi nomen imposuit [Nomen pontificalem]

In English, it can be translated literally as:
    I announce to you a great joy:
    WE HAVE A POPE!
    The Most Eminent and Reverend Lord,
    Lord [First Name], Cardinal of the Holy Roman Church [surname],
    Who takes to himself the name [papal name].

Everyone in the world will be hanging on Cardinal Vividek's every words to figure out of the Latin translation who has been chosen as successor of St Peter. Our tip is to listen otu for the word Cardinalem, which as you can guess means Cardinal. Also listen for Qui sibi nomen imposuit to find out the name the Pope has taken.

Remember if black smoke rises it means the votes are insufficient for election, if white smoke appear Habemus Papem!

• Sede Vacante

user posted image

At midnight tonight Pope Emertius Clement XV left the Vatican and Cardinal Dean Todd Unctious declared the Vatican to be Sede Vacante with the College of Cardinals taking temporary leadership of the state.

For Clement XV's final day he gave a final mass in St Peter's where Cardinals had begun to gather. Cardinal Dean Unctious lead the tributes to Clement's Papacy:

'Holy Father you have led us through a time of deep division with gracious spirituality and given strength to the billions in your flock. We are sad to see you depart us but have you in our prayers always dear shepherd'

The now Pope Emertius was also taken on a sunset helicopter flight over the Vatican to see the city for the last time as Pope.

At midnight that same helicopter took him away to Castel Gandolfo in which he will stay until after the installation of a new Pope.

• user posted image

SEDE VACANTE

• Cardinals Arrive in Vatican

Today the majority of Cardinals have descended on the Vatican arriving by trains, boats and planes to begin conclave on Monday. As soon as all Cardinals have arrived Cardinal Unctious, Dean of the College will hold a mass and day of spiritual reflections appointing the oldest Cardinal to led the oath during conclave. Vote collecting roles will also be allocated.

user posted image

In a separate matter at a Press conference Cardinal Dean Todd Unctious addressed the allegations surroudning Groot Belgian Cardinal Godfried Danneels:

'I am saddened by the rumours and allegations about the past of Cardinal Godfried Danneels from Groot Belgie, and would like to stress that the Church considers Cardinal Danneels innocent until proven guilty in a fair trial in a civil court. Therefore, the Church will happily welcome Cardinal Danneels to the conclave next week with open arms, although I - and I believe the College of Cardinals as a whole - would fully understand and support His Eminence were he to decide to miss the conclave at this difficult time for him'

• All Cardinal Electors Have Arrived in Vatican

All Cardinal electors have arrived in the Vatican with Groot Belgian Cardinal Bart Peeters being the last to register into the Vatican guesthouse. The Conclave totals 70 Cardinals in total. Here is the official list of registered Cardinal Electors:

Cardinal Electors
    Cardinal Rocky Smiles of Otok, 40 (RC)
    Cardinal Anhel Rolani ? Archbishop of Ghenua, 52 (KRY)
    Cardinal Bastian Clemens Thorkil am Morvin - Major Archbishop of the Alverian Catholic Church, 54 (DUX)
    Cardinal Rilley Samuels of Dvorigrad, 55 (RC)
    Cardinal Lewis Taagel am Laatzen - Primate of the Suez, Archbishop of Laatzen, 56 (DUX)
    Cardinal Calico Endanza - Archbishop of Kaldoon, 57 (OSC)
    Cardinal Bishop Geoffrey of Weymouth, 58 (DAV)
    Cardinal Larseus Valmar of Dairghazbury, 58 (DUX)
    Cardinal Samuel Dinkha - Patriarchate of Babylon (Chaldean), 58 (ANG)
    Cardinal Samuel Jackson of Ljubljana, 58 (RC)
    Cardinal Benjam?n Bravo of Barrio, 60 (NC)
    Cardinal Kindness Lindstrom - Archbishop of Westfallon, 60 (OSC)
    Cardinal William Oaks ? Archbishop of Telum, 60 (INI)
    Cardinal Ian Marvin of Lantremere, 61 (DUX)
    Cardinal Cristian Zubizarreta of Arana, 62 (NC)
    Cardinal Justinian Le Normand of Fiecen, 62 (ANG)
    Cardinal Pablo Arroyo of R?os, 62 (NC)
    Cardinal Rub?n L?vesque of Gamazo, 62 (NC)
    Cardinal Eirdrick Ljunbalan - Archbishop of Last Point, 63 (OSC)
    Cardinal Karl Maria Martini Krushj ? Archbishop of Blossmjd, 63 (KRY)
    Cardinal Dean Todd Unctious ? Primate of Angleter, Archbishop of Palmyra, 63 (ANG)
    Cardinal Angelo Amato ? Archbishop of Zadar, 64 (RC)
    Cardinal Berriba Danabek - Archbishop of Falleija, 64 (OSC)
    Cardinal Norfinn Olander of Chirez, 64 (DUX)
    Cardinal Derek Ferghani of Maien, 65 (ANG)
    Cardinal Edward of Portland, 65 (DAV)
    Cardinal Miltiades Septimus of Sanim, 65 (URE)
    Cardinal Mark Yonan of Patriarchate of Antioch (Syriac), 66 (ANG)
    Cardinal Octavianus Epaphras of Tokra, 67 (URE)
    Cardinal Pierre Bouchard of Salines, 67 (NC)
    Cardinal Sesti Kuvazar - Archbishop of Walltown, 67 (OSC)
    Cardinal Malcolm Sidhu 0 Archbishop of Wells, 68 (ANG)
    Cardinal Ren? Schneider ? Archbishop of Lerroux, 68 (NC)
    Cardinal Rerrevan Kandolin - Archbishop of Xantosia, 68 (OSC)
    Cardinal Alexander Leeroy of Aurora, 69 (RC)
    Cardinal Anton Hurkman ? Bishop of Lacerta, 69 (INI)
    Cardinal Bealdwine Baliol of Headland, 69 (HAL)
    Cardinal Dar?o V?zquez of Tuero, 69 (NC)
    Cardinal Nikolai Landry of Dolwer, 69 (NC)
    Cardinal George Evans of Neomantua, 70 (ANG)
    Cardinal Kandelos Alderhilt - Primate of Os Corelia, Archbishop of Leodis in Aerodimus, 70 (OSC)
    Cardinal Theodosios Thales, Archbishop of Venia, 70 (URE)
    Cardinal Marc Nieto of Maure, 72 (NC)
    Cardinal Stephen Sprungfeld of Hama, 72 (ANG)
    Cardinal Carlos Rivera of Zamora, 73 (NC)
    Cardinal David Soriano of Prieto, 73 (NC)
    Cardinal Godric d'Audrieu of Aldhurst, 73 (HAL)
    Cardinal Hadrion Gerridei - Archbishop of Port Harbour, 73 (OSC)
    Cardinal Osi Ljolovic - Archbishop of Yellownak, 73 (OSC)
    Cardinal Xavier Soler of Sescomes, 73 (NC)
    Cardinal Proto-deacon J?ridan Vividek - Archbishop of Seacove, 74 (OSC)
    Cardinal Einiko Baraszi - Archbishop of Falador, 75 (OSC)
    Cardinal Mohamed Pedr?s of Azahara, 75 (NC)
    Cardinal Peter Rahian ? Maronite Patriarch of Antioch, 75 (ANG)
    Cardinal Bart Peeters of Groot Belgie, 76 (GRO)
    Cardinal Gerard P?dros ? Archbishop of Berenguer, 76 (NC)
    Cardinal Paul James of Deresor, 76 (ANG)
    Cardinal Philotheous Demon, Primate of United Romulan Empire, Archbishop of Romulus, 76 (URE)
    Cardinal Francisco Jos? Morales ? Archbishop of Aza?a, 77 (NC)
    Cardinal Caedred Auvray ? Archbishop of Beorma, 78 (HAL)
    Cardinal Oswin Fitzalan of Burnwain, 78 (HAL)
    Cardinal Alessandro Rold?n of Alcal?, 79 (NC)
    Cardinal Simon Alexander of Damaszka, 79 (ANG)
    Cardinal Gottfried Danneels ? Archbishop of Antwerpen, 80 (GRO)
    Cardinal Suchi Almat - Archbishop of Starliousa, 80 (OSC)
    Cardinal James Stuckey ? Archbishop of Sandford, 81 (DAV)
    Cardinal Peregrine Myrthorn of Quareytene, 81 (ANG)
    Cardinal Theobert L?Appeville ? Archbishop of Llandeilo, 81 (HAL)
    Cardinal Giorgio Amani ? Bishop of Athemas, 83 (RC)
    Cardinal Radito Rinolo - Archbishop of Pietros, 83 (OSC)

With all Cardinals registered the honour of Presiding Cardinal has been given to 83 year old Recroachian Cardinal Giorgio Amani, Bishop of Athemas, who is the most senior Cardinal in conclave. The Cardinal will read aloud the oath to be taken by all Cardinals before the Cardinal process and make an affirmation upon the Gospel.

• Conclave To Begin Today

user posted image

The Sistine Chapel has been full prepared to receive the 70 strong Conclave of Cardinal Electors this afternoon. The procession is set to be under way from 2.30pm with the Oath expected at 3.15 and Extra Omenes is expected at 4pm. One vote will be taken today but results will be a lengthy process as Cardinals are given time for consideration of their vote. Before the vote Cardinal Dean Todd Unctious will lead a final pre-conclave reflection to the gathered Conclave to set a tone for the vote and give an idea of the considerations needed in electing a new Pope.

Once Extra Omenes is announced all attentions will be turned to the chimney of the Sistine chapel where some will signal the result of each ballot. Black smoke means the votes are insufficient for electing a new pope, white smoke will signal that the Successor of St Peter has been elected by the required 2/3 majority.

The process will take time and we ask the media to remain patient. There will be a lengthy period between white smoke and the appearance of the new Supreme Pontiff due to various administrative tasks, invocations, prayer and changing to the Papal garments.

• Cardinals Process to Sistine Chapel for Conclave

user posted image

The 70 Cardinal Electors of the College of Cardinals have begun their procession through the Vatican halls to reach the Sistine Chapel. Along the route all Vatican staff have lined up in a show of respect for the Cardinals with the Swiss Guard giving honour. Captain Ludvig Hesselbaum and Commander Hans Stollman of the Swiss Guard have been selected to guard the sistine chapel behind the locked door.

As the article is published, Presiding Cardinal His Eminence Cardinal Amani will read out the latin oath, here is its Enlgish translation:

We, the Cardinal electors present in this election of the Supreme Pontiff promise, pledge and swear, as individuals and as a group, to observe faithfully and scrupulously the prescriptions contained in the Apostolic Constitution of the Supreme Pontiff John Paul II, Universi Dominici Gregis, published on 22 February 1996. We likewise promise, pledge and swear that whichever of us by divine disposition is elected Roman Pontiff will commit himself faithfully to carrying out the munus Petrinum of Pastor of the Universal Church and will not fail to affirm and defend strenuously the spiritual and temporal rights and the liberty of the Holy See. In a particular way, we promise and swear to observe with the greatest fidelity and with all persons, clerical or lay, secrecy regarding everything that in any way relates to the election of the Roman Pontiff and regarding what occurs in the place of the election, directly or indirectly related to the results of the voting; we promise and swear not to break this secret in any way, either during or after the election of the new Pontiff, unless explicit authorization is granted by the same Pontiff; and never to lend support or favour to any interference, opposition or any other form of intervention, whereby secular authorities of whatever order and degree or any group of people or individuals might wish to intervene in the election of the Roman Pontiff.

• user posted image

EXTRA OMNES

Archbishop Barrinisi has acted on the command given by Cardinal Dean Todd Unctious for all those non-vital staff to leave conclave. Barrinisi padlocked the internal set of doors while Archbishop Ganswein, prefect of the Papal Household padlocked the external doors and led away the attending clerical staff. Now the secrets are held within the walls of the Sistine Chapel and the seals will only be broken when a Pope is elected.

• His Holiness Pope Aloysius meets Viscount of Os Corelia and Discuses his election

user posted image

After moving scenes in St Peter's square last night when Pope Aloysius was shown to the world as the new leader of the Catholic church today seems rather quieter for the Pope who is settling into his new job. His Holiness has taken Vatican staff by surprise by refusing to take residence in the papal apartment opting for his humble accommodation he stayed in during conclave, he has travelled around with his fellow Cardinals on the Vatican shuttle bus and taken breakfast with them. He also slipped out to St Mary Major, the church he has been given as Bishop of Roma to pray at the reliquary of the holy crib as he makes preparations for Christmas services. He has indeed asked to have a simple coronation made on Christmas eve so that he may prepare for Christ's coming and the beginning of his stewardship of the church.

Today's main order of business has been a visit by Viscount Miltok Hargadoon the Viscount of the New Parliamentary Republic of Os Corelia and his wife Viscountessa Nadianika Hargadoon. His holiness was born in Os Corelia where he grew up to serve as Archbishop of Falador. The leaders met and discussed briefly the need for action on helping the catholic youth whom his holiness indicated would be the priority of his papacy. They are also believed to have discussed the importance of tackling the terrorist groups who associate themselves with the Catholic faith. After talks Pope Aloysius dined with the Viscount and Viscountessa with the reaminign Cardinals and Vatican house staff.

His Holiness took a brief moment to reflect on events with us here at L'Osservatore Romano:

'When I was asked if I would accept the position of Supreme Pontiff I closed my eyes and drew strength form the holy spirit, such strength that I would never have dreamed possible telling me to accept this mission given to me by God. I was then asked the name I chose to be called and without hesitation knew Aloysisus. I have chosen this name after St Aloysius Gonzaga the jesuit who is the patron saint of Cahtolic and Christian youth. I felt my brothers felt I was to be chosen Pope for my words on the youth in my meditation and knew this is my task ahead. I wish to be a father for the youth to offer then the comfort and guidance they seek as best I can. Many will be waiting for me to declare my opinions on certain issues and think it only fair to do so in due course but meditation is needed before comments that could be quoted incongruously. As God gives us Jesus again for Christmas, a beloved yearly gift, let us find in his new birth a renewal, a second chance at things. Our youth have been born as gifts to the world let us give them the attention the apostles did to Jesus and see in them a guiding light'

• Urbi et Orbi in Full

user posted image

Here is the transcript of the full Urbi et Orbi given on Christmas Day by Pope Aloysius:

'My children in Christ, as the prophets predicted for unto us a child is born. A simple child born in a stable wrapped in swaddling clothes and put in a manger. His mother was barely an adult given God's will to carry in her womb. His early father Joseph had one of the hardest tests of faith ever given by God. As we welcome in this most joyous of festivals we reflect on the modesty of the greatest story ever told.

Let us take a look at the facts of the nativity to unpack how we should reflect on Christmas. Mary and Joseph were not wealthy,yet Mary was bringing a King into the world. The King entered our world and did not wear jewels, did not live in a palace did not command people to serve him. Jesus drew people to his light, his guidance, his wisdom the qualities we all hope for in a leader, the qualities I pray for in my role. I ask all the leaders of the world to remember Jesus' example and really think on your extravagance but to only seek the wisdom and guidance you can use to help others.

Mary and Joseph faced one of the toughest challenges in their relationship. Mary fell pregnant and what was Joseph to think? As human he was hurt and puzzled regarding the fraternity of the child. When the angel came to him to inform him of his spouse's task he had a tough choice to place faith in the lord or abandon him. He chose faith and it is this incredible choice I urge us all to make at Christmas. Let us take a plunge and trust God's plan. Let us also take a moment for single mothers and offer them every support we can, sometimes the faith is not there with those who have to make the choices that Joseph did. Let us not judge them but share our love.

Jesus being born again every year to us offers a chance for new birth and a new direction. As this Christmas fell after my election to the papacy I want you to know I see this as a personal rebirth hence why I am Aloysius and no longer Einiko, a name for guidance a name for my role, a name called upon me by God. I promise that we will see rebirth of our church through progressions and changes.

If we all let the greatest gifts of Jesus into our hearts we can truly be reborn through him, in communion.

Jesus stood for peace and I call for that this Christmas, for all guns to fall silent, all knives to clatter on fallen ground and sharp tongues to turn sweet. I ask all non-believers to join us, all other faiths to join us in our quest for eternal peace. Let me be clear that any act committed in this churches name, be it by a man alone or these illegitimately titled crusades against corruption is a great sin that will face the full judgement of Christ and are to be condemned. Do not challenge peace for it is stronger than you can comprehend. The will of community is greater than the will of evil and will always overcome it. I ask those in the crusades to come and find rebirth in Christ to seek forgiveness and to be reconciled for their acts of evil.

So let me end this address with a prayer:

Almighty and ever living God
    We see your son come to us again through Christmas
    May his love help us find our true selves and true peace
    May we seek wisdom above riches,
    Unity above dividing and ruling.
    May we ask above all for your love
    Through Christ our lord
    Amen

• Pope Aloysius Announces New Appointments

Today in a special convening of Vatican court and state Pope Aloysius has announced a series of new appointments within the church. Before the gathered court he announced that he will be making a varying list of appointments to prepare for a new year and a new papacy.

His holiness began with a list of appointments in the Os Corelian church that were required due to his election thus vacating his archbishop's seat. He ordered the following appointments personally:

Bishop Cario Damaldzi of the Diocese of Port Elleija is appointed Archbishop of Falador.

Monsignor Barol Vedozwa of the Parish of St Oswald's in Creitak Velms is appointed Bishop of Port Elleija

Father Haddigan Gurriguy who is recently ordained has been appointed to be celebrant Priest at St Oswald's in Creitak Velms

He then began reforming the state around him: 'I now wish to appoint a team of cardinals to aid me in the journey we will be taking through remodelling the faith to face a new age'

His Holiness is making these invitations of appointment public for transparency and will also be sending personal letters to the Cardinals but if they can respond to the Holy See directly it would be greatly appreciated.

Curial Appointments

Secretary of State - Cardinal Todd Unctious

The Grand Pontifical Council of Cardinals

Grand Secretary
    Cardinal Caedred Auvray, Archbishop of Beorma

Council Members
    Cardinal Kindness Lindstrom, Archbishop of Last Point
    Cardinal Theodosios Thales, Archbishop of Venia
    Cardinal Derek Ferghani, Archbishop of Maien
    Cardinal George Evans, Archbishop of Neomantua
    Cardinal Godric d'Audrieu, Archbishop of Aldhurst
    Cardinal Rub?n L?vesque, Archbishop of Gamazo
    Cardinal Calico Endanza, Archbishop of Kaldoon

The pontiff envision the council meet at least twice a year to discuss great issues of the church and to bring about great change.

• Cardinal Unctious accepts position as Head of State

Today it has formally been announced by the Pontiff that Cardinal Todd Unctious has accepted the invitation of the supreme pontiff to leave Palmyra the seat of the Angleteric Catholic church and move to the Vatican to serve as Secretary of State. His Eminence Cardinal Unctious will be tasked with managing Vatican political and diplomatic affairs. He is expected to be tasked with seeking out foreign affairs relationships.

Cardinal Unctious will be given control of the Vatican State Secretariat and will hold what is the second most important state role in the Vatican making Cardinal Unctious equal to what some governments call Prime Minister.

On announcing the confirmation of appointment Pope Aloysius gave a tribute to Cardinal Unctious:

'His Eminence Cardinal Unctious has been a guiding light for the Catholic church with his devout service to his brother in the college of Cardinals. He guided us with strength through conclave and was a pillar upon which this papacy was built, so why not continue as we mean to carry on. Brother Todd is a pillar upon which we build our church, a man who holds qualities akin to St Peter. To have this sturdy pillar support the State Secretariat will be of great comfort to us all'

His Holiness has allowed Cardinal Unctious to remain Dean of the College of Cardinals if he so wishes. In lieu of the Cardinal's move to Rome his Holiness made a swift appointment of a new Primate for the Angleteric Church; Cardinal George Evans, Archbishop of Neomantua has been appointed by Pope Aloysius to move to the Archdiocese of Palmyra and become appointed head of the Angleteric Church.

• Papal Appointments 3rd of January 2014

I Pope Aloysius hereby make the following appointments:

Bishop Austin Purcell of Conettra is to be ordained Archbishop of Neomantua

Auxiliary Bishop Alton Crosby is to be ordained Bishop of Conettra

Auxiliary Bishop Raboula Conundrum is to be moved to the Archdiocese of Palmyra and be Vicar General

I also wish to announce the following dates:

• Meeting of The Grand Pontifical Council of Cardinals - 14th of January
    • Papal Consistory - 18th of Feburary

I will soon be announcing plans for World Youth Day.

• Pope Aloysius Set to Announce New Consistory as Resgnations are accepted

Pope Aloysius has revealed in a meeting of Vatican officials today that he will soon be announcing a new consistory of Cardinals who will be given there red birettas in a special ceremony in February. He explained that he had prepared a list but was in the process of confirming appointments with the candidates.

He also today announced that he had received a request from Cardinal Rinolo, the current Archbishop of Pietros in Os Corelia to resign from his position due to age and ill health. Cardinal Rinolo is 83 and has been serving the archdiocese of Pietros for 20 years. The holy father paid tribute to the Cardinal's service during his meeting stating that:

'Cardinal Rinolo has given his life in great servitude to his Archdiocese working hard to provide them with solace and guidance. He is a true man of God and his faith has been of great comfort to all those who have has the pleasure to be in his company as I have many a time. I consider him a dear friend and can see that he would not retire if he thought he could manage the task. I continue to pray for him during his ill-health and hope that he can enjoy this will earned rest. I know this decision has not been taken lightly and accept this request for resignation'

Anticipating this decision Clement XV had appointed an auxiliary to the archdiocese of Pietros. Pope Aloysius will review a replacement appointment within the next few days.

• New Consistory Revealed as Gun Toting Animals Received its First Cardinals

The Holy Father today has published his official list for the upcoming consistory of Cardinals to be held in the Vatican on the 18th of Feburary. This list sees the appointment of various members of the church the Holy Father feels can best serve the church as part of the College of Cardinals who form a major backbone of leadership. In his official consistory letter he remarked that all choices were made of those who can best serve their churches and stated that all were to be considered servants and were given a duty not a promotion.

The most stark appointments made in the official consistory are that of Bishop Didier Lyons of Winchester and Bishop Jorge Dorado of Glockport in The Confederacy of Gun Toting Animals. His holiness commented on the importance of these appointments stating that 'The GTA catholic church has grown under the guidance of Bishop Lyons and Bishop Dorado who have truly served their people and brought them the words of God. The GTA Catholic Church needs representation within the college and should be given a say on future papacies'

The full list of those to be appointed Cardinal is as follows:
    Apollo Eres - Auxillary Archbishop Venia (New Romulan Empire)
    Austin Purcell - Archbishop of Neomantua (Angleter)
    Cario Damaldzi - Archbishop of Falador (Os Corelia)
    Astollo G?razmi - Archbishop of Pietros (Os Corelia)
    Didier Lyons - Bishop of Winchester (Gun Toting Animals)
    Jorge Dorado - Bishop of Glockport (Gun Toting Animals)
    Osbehort la Marinier - Archbishop of Cirenceaster (Halsberg)
    John Willibrandus - Archbishop of Astro (Inimicus)
    Jakodus Ashemonte - Bishop of Athemas (Red Croatia)
    Leonardo Barrinisi- Holy See President (Vatican City)

The consistory also writes into Papal appointment new diocesan leaders with Astollo G?razmi being offered both the red biretta and the Archdiocese of Pietros following the retirement of Cardinal Rinolo, similarly the Pontiff has accepted the retirement of the Presiding Cardinal of the Concalve Cardinal Amani who has been replaced as Bishope of Athemas by Jakodus Ashemonte. Recently appointed Archbishops Austin Purcell and Cario Damaldzi, who notable was appointed to replace the pontiff in his old archdiocese of Falador, have been offered the red biretta to maintain the archdioceses representation in the college alongside the individual merits of the archbishops. Osbehort la Marinier and John Willibrandus had both been awarded birettas on Merits and the willingness of the Pontiff to broaden the representation of their respective national churches. Apollo Eres becomes the college of cardinals only Auxillary Archbishop in a move believed to be anticipating retirements within the Romulan church. To roud off appointments the Pontiff has appointed current President of the Holy See Leonardo Barrinisi to the college of Cardinals stating that the President should be a Cardinal.

The new Cardinals will be installed in a grand mass to be held in St Peter's on February 18th where the college will gather in full led by Cardinal Todd Unctious. The is also an expectation that the college will meet to discuss preliminary findings of the Grand Pontifical Council currently meeting on a regular basis in the Vatican.

• World Youth Day 2014 Announced

Today His Holiness took the opportunity during his weekly audience to announce the chosen venue for World Youth Day 2014. Here is what Pope Aloysius announced:

'After careful thought and due consideration I have decided to award the hosting of World Youth Day to the city of New Birmingham. Although it may have been the only formally submitted bid it is clear that the youth of Angleter are proud of their catholic beliefs and want to welcome the rest of the world's youth to share with them this common held joy, the joy of the great mystery of the Eucharist through which so much hope and joy is given. Cardinal Evans has graced me with such a wonderful invitation and I look forward to celebrating mass with the World's Youth in such glorious churches as St Gregory's and in great outdoor gatherings which will be a spectacle of faith and hope. I look forward ot making this my first official trip aborad as Pontiff'

This announcement comes with the appointment of new Cardinals in the official consistory tomorrow.

• Consistory Session held in Private but Cardinals to be revealed on Saturday

In an unusual turn of protocol the Pontiff held a private session for the consistory of new Cardinals today giving 10 men their red birettas, their titular churches and the title of Eminence. He then removed all non-essential staff and instructed his spokesman to give the following statement:

'Today we have ten men join the great fold of the college of Cardinals who have all shown great service to the church and Christ's mission of peace and love. To prepare my brothers for this new road ahead of them and the responsibilities they will face I have decided to give them space to connect with the spiritualism required to strengthen their inner being for this role. The ten Cardinals have freely agreed to join me in nearly 5 days of spiritual preparation through a retreat I will personally lead reflecting on the mission ahead and gaining an intimate access to God to hear his plans for them. I have instructed this to be released on the second day as two ensure we are not interfered in this divine process'

The Pontiff will celebrate mass with the full college of Cardinals this Saturday before which the ten cardinals will be presented to St Peter's Square.

• New Consistory Ordained by Pop Aloysius

user posted image

Finally today the new Cardinals of the Catholic Church have been revealed to the public in a mass in St Peter's. It turns out the Pontiff had not yet formally ordained the new Cardinals choosing to do it at the mass following the retreat he led them on this week. The ten new cardinals have been tasked with a mission of connecting the common man with the church and with protecting and nurturing the youth with their guidance.

The diverse consistory will now return to their respective diocese and begin their new roles and appointments except for Cardinal Barrinisi who will maintain his role as Holy See President.

Cardinal Barrinisi has been given a personal mission by the Ponftiff to extend state visits upon the request of nations.

• Pope Aloysius Calls Convening of College of Cardinals to Review Church Doctrine

In a rather unexpected move today Pope Aloysius has requested that Cardinal Unctious convene the council of cardinals with immediate effect to review the doctrine of the catholic church. Vatican spokesman Bishop Aldous Lagar explained the purpose of the doctrine review:

'His Holiness Pope Aloysius feels that the church is at risk of being disconnected from those who constitute its existence. The Pope has listened to his followers and now he wishes to revisit some of the fundamentally challenging areas of doctrine to review them within a more modern context. The issues expected for discussion are the family, education and practice. His holiness wishes to tackle the most challenging of views to help the church progress for what is the church but the sum of its parts, the many Catholics in the world. The cardinals of the church have all been requested to come to the Vatican as soon as possible and we have readied accommodation in preparation. The Pontiff will appoint a Cardinal to the role of Grand Facilitator to ensure the process runs smoothly with all proposed changes being settles by a synod vote'

The congregation of Cardinals will begin as soon as the last Cardinal arrives at the Vatican.

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.