Vote on The Regional Defence Act

• The Regional Defence Act

Senatus Populusque Romanus

Counterproposition to the Regional Defence Act by the honourable People of Isis. Signed by both Consuls of the Holy Roman Empire, Consul Marcus Aemilius Scaurus and Consul Cnaeus Pompeius Magnus. Presented by Princeps Senatus Licinia Sextia and the legislative body of the Holy Roman Empire through it?s first Praetor Marcus Calpurnius Bibulus with approval of the Senate of Rome, the EPP-ED and the Tribunus Plebis Lucius Cornelius Cinna.

Presented to the European parliament by pro-consul Marcus Porcius Cato Uticensis

?We, the sovereign nations of the European Union, in order to form a more cohesive bond between our peoples, establish justice, ensure domestic tranquillity, provide for a common defence, promote the general welfare, and to secure the blessings of democracy, liberty, and equality for ourselves and our posterity, establish this Constitution of the European Union.?

The focus of the regional defence act should not be the possibility to wage war, but to preserve peace. The European Parliament and it?s member nations have a responsibility to serve and protect the citizens of the European Union, as common Europeans, not as citizens of individual nations. The national defence is a strict matter of domestic policies, and beyond this parliament to decide for.

Violence and conflict has been a part of the human nature for countless generations, and no one could tell when the violence will end. The creation of this union was the beginning of a peaceful and prosperous future for this region and it?s people.

Title I
    Concerning the leadership of the European forces

Article I
    The creation of the office of Commander in Chief, CIC and Supreme Allied Commander, SAC and

Section I
    The CIC will command the EUDF while the SAC will command the EUEF respectively

Section II
    The office of CIC will automatically be granted the president of the European Union as highest ranked in both war and peace

Section II b
    In addition to the office of CIC, the president may appoint a Second-in-command, SIC to take the presidents place if he or she are incapable of fulfilling his or her duty. Should the SIC also de declared incapable of fulfilling his or her duty the command will go firstly to the SAC and then the EMHC in that order.

Section III
    The European Parliament will elect the SAC for a 12-month term, the SAC must come from a member nation represented in the EMHC.

Title II
    Concerning the military and civilian leadership organization for the European forces

Article I
    The creation of a European Military High-Command, EMHC

Section I
    The European Union should create a EMHC consisting of military leaders from all member nations contributing with military forces.

Section II
    The EMHC will mainly handle four tasks;

I. Create organization and branches etc. for the EU-forces
    II. Decide the standardization level for the European military
    III. Be command centre for all European forces, EF, namely EUEF, EUAF, EUNAV, EUDF, EUAD, EUND and the EUCB.
    IV. Be the communication link between the EUEF, EUDF, EUCS as well as the European Parliament and the president of the European Union.

I and II will be presented for acknowledgment before the European Parliament, called ?the Standardization program?

Section III
    The EMHC should be fully operational two years after it?s foundation, with organization and headquarters.

Section IV
    The EMHC should within two years after reaching it?s operational level, have a full plan for organization, weapons, command and equipment standardization

Title III
    Concerning the foundation of armed military forces as well as civilian forces within the European Union.

Article I
    Concerning the creation of a standing army for international efforts.

Section I
    The foundation of the European Expeditionary Force, EUEF should be initiated and finished within 5 years after the EMHC standardization program has been completed and initiated.

Section I b
    It will depend on volunteers from member states and no nation could ever be forced to join the EUEF.

Section II
    Within 5 years weapons, command-chain and other military equipment should be standardized within the European Union and it?s member states participating units. Also created accordingly to organization and branches of the standardization program. Noted, units not participating in either the EUEF are not required to meet the EMHC military level.

Article II
    Concerning the fields of operation for the EUEF

Section I
    The EUEF will only handle out-of-region tasks, such as:

I. Humanitarian efforts
    II. Natural disasters
    III. Rescuing missions
    IV. Peace preserving missions
    V. Preventing military activity
    VI. Assisting military activity

Section I b
    Noted, assisting military activity not only applies to regional assistance in time of need, but also on parliament executive order to assist the people in any oppressed nation

Article III
    Concerning the creation of a defensive regional force

Section I
    The creation of EUDF should commence when the EMHC standardization program has been finished and should be finished and fully operational within 10 years. The EUEF will be first priority.

Section I b
    All member states are obliged to serve in the EUDF, should it be military or civilian.

Section II
    Within 5 years weapons, command-chain and other military equipment should be standardized within the European Union and it?s member states participating units. Also created accordingly to organization and branches of the standardization program. Noted, units not participating in either the EUDF are not required to meet the EMHC military level.

Article IV
    Concerning the fields of operation for the EUDF

Section I
    The EUDF will only handle within-region-tasks, such as:

I. Humanitarian efforts
    II. Natural disasters
    III. Rescuing missions
    IV. Peace preserving missions

Article V
    Concerning the creation of a civilian force for non-military assignments

Section I
    The foundation of the European Union Civilian Branch, EUCB, will be initiated four years after the foundation of the EMHC.

Section I b
    The EUCB are mandatory for all member nations who don?t have a national army and/or doesn?t support military actions. Nations already contributing to the EUEF are not obliged to serve in the EUCB aswell.

Section II
    The EUCB will be fully operational within 10 years after it?s initiation

Article VI
    Concerning the fields of operation for the EUCB

Section I
    The EUCB works both within and outside regional borders with:

I. Humanitarian efforts
    II. Natural disasters
    III. Developing work

The EUCB will be organized in branches accordingly to the EMHC standarization program, but will consist of fire-fighters, paramedics, doctors, biologists, scientists etc. As well as rescuing helicopters, lorries, airplanes etc.

Title IV
    Concerning the means of deploying European Forces

Article I
    The European Parliament is the highest body concerning all European Forces, both regionally and outside European territory.

Section I
    Intervention may only occur if 2/3 of the parliament approve such actions, and any nation abstaining or voting against military actions should be relived from military service. However this only applies outside regional borders. If a member state is under attack by foreign or within regional borders, all member nations are bound by the constitution to come to the aid of the attacked country.

Section I b
    If parliament votes with 2/3 in favour to military intervention in a intra-region conflict, all nation members are bound to serve the European Union. By not doing so, any member nation are in direct violation of this unions constitution and will be punished, either by heavy fees, the expel of the nation in question or even military repercussion.

Section I c
    Aiding an attacked nation does only apply if the defending nation are not showing more aggression than defensive measures. An attacked nation will not acquire help to destroy the attacking nation. Should open conflict break out without any obvious aggressor, the business should be passed on to the European Court of Justice.

Section II
    In case of emergency the president may approve immediate deployment by executive order of any EF may it be EUEF, EUDF or EUCB. However any nation may refuse to apply to such order of the nations government feel that it?s against national or ideological values. The president will also have to answer before the European Parliament and a special commission who will investigate if the president did act in the good interest of the European people. If not, he should be removed from office effective immediately. Any nation refusing presidential executive order shall, if the president isn?t removed from office, answer to the parliament and if no good grounds for not heeding the call are given, parliament will take punitive action.

Section III
    EMHC, SAC, CIC, SIC, all of them are responsible and will answer to the parliament

Section IV
    EF can only be deployed on direct order from the European parliament, but when deployed commanding powers will be given to the commands respectively.

Section V
    The European parliament can at any time relive any commander from his post except the president whom will have to be removed from his or her office of president and then automatically will be removed from his office as CIC.

Article II
    Security

Section I
    The president may stop a declaration of war by executive order if he gains the support of 2/3 of the EC

Title V
    Ethics of war

Article I
    The European Union will strive for a peaceful world, however knowing that peace isn?t constant nor guaranteed. Therefore the European Union should set a high level of ethics in it?s own military to be seen as a good example for all member states.

Section I
    No nuclear, biological and chemical weapons will not be a part of the European defence, not at any stage of military use. However nuclear powered vessels such as nuclear powered submarines, aircraft carriers and others are natural parts of a modern army.

Section II
    Flamethrowers, mines and cluster bombs will not be part of the arms arsenal available to any EF.

Title VI
    Concerning Economy
    Article I
    Military actions, abroad or at home, are expensive; therefore we need proper means to finance the military efforts.

Section I
    Within the budget of the European Union there should be a suitable entry for the EF, to maintain its? presence and it?s organization.

Article II
    When the EF is required for service, the cost will rapidly raise and other means of financial support will be required.

Section I
    For EUEF missions only participating and favourable member nations and will be funding the war effort. Nations in opposition to the military action won?t have to contribute.

Section II
    Those who do take part will finance accordingly to their GNP, an amount set by the participating nations together

Salus Populi Suprema Lex

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.