EU Winter Games

• ECoJ

user posted image

• ECoJ

GRAND OPENING OF THE FIRST EUROPEAN UNION WINTER GAMES

user posted image

A view of the fireworks show from outside the stadium

The city of Respicio, southern Inimicus; 8-3-2014 - In the central stadium of the city, thousands gathered to celebrate the opening of the EU Winter Games. The games themselves will commence tomorrow with speed skating for men, biathlon for women, and alpine skiing for men. His Majesty Emperor Hugh came to the opening personally, where he stated: "...This is a great day for Inimicus and the European Union. I am glad with all applications, and I would like to welcome all sportsmen and delegates to my residence for a reception after this opening. I will delay this opening no longer: I wish all those attending, and those watching from home, a very happy Winter Games!..."

An impressive fireworks show then started, arranged by a notable Inimician fireworks company called "Stefan BV". The show also included acts performed by not only Inimician artists, but also foreigners. If the Games will be as succesful as the opening, this will be one of the greatest sporting events ever!

• ECoJ

DAY I

Speed skating: 500m Men

user posted image

In a tense sprinting competition held between athletes from Os Corelia, Marrakechia, Northern Caesarea and Inimicus, the crowd went wild. Spectators from all around the European Union had gathered in the large ice skating hall to watch the 500m and 1000 m sprint. The early lead on the 500 metres was taken by Inimician athelete Ralph Gedgrave, with a time of 35.77 seconds. He was quickly overtaken, though, by the Os Corelian Kaltor Ilim, who scored a time of 35.40 seconds. One of the Northern Caesarean athletes scored a very quick time of 35.36, being the fastest athlete of the day. The Marrakechian athletes were less lucky, they scored times of 36.04, 36.23 and 37.98.
    On 500 meter speed skating, a total of 14 athletes participated. The results are as follows:

user posted image

His Majesty Emperor Hugh is pleased to announce the Northern Caesarean winner of the 500 meter speed skating sprint! The winning athletes were handed their medals after the race personally by His Majesty. They were also given their cheques with prize money.

Speed skating: 1000m Men

In the 1000m, too, the competition was hard. All athletes performed well, but the best was, again, a Northern Caesarean athlete.

user posted image

Biathlon 15 km WOMEN

Not a lot of athletes participated in the biathlon for women, but those who did performed very well. This time, the Os Corelian athlete Olki Mienawicz could walk away with her head held high, as she won the gold.

user posted image

Alpine skiing slalom Men

In the slalom, only 5 athletes participated, three of which were Inimicians. It is therefore not surprising an Inimician came first: Jeff Brooks with a time of 54.64 seconds.

user posted image

All winning athletes were handed their medals personally by the Emperor at the end of the day. They were invited to join him for dinner, an honour not many can say they have had.

user posted image

• ECoJ

• ECoJ

DAY 2: Figure Skating singles

user posted image

user posted image

• ECoJ

Click Click

DAY 2: Short-track skating

user posted image

user posted image

• ECoJ

Due to technical difficulties, results will not be broadcast today.

Inimician Broadcasting Corporation

• ECoJ

Cross-country skiing has been scrapped due to difficulties with the skiing track. We're sorry for this inconvenience.

Inimician Sports Office

• ECoJ

DAY 2: Speed skating women

user posted image

user posted image

• ECoJ

DAY 3: Men's Biahtlon and couples figure skating

Click click

user posted image

user posted image

• ECoJ

DAY 4: Speed Skating for men on long distances

Click Click

user posted image

user posted image

• ECoJ

DAY 4: Women's short-track skating

Click Click

user posted image

user posted image

• ECoJ

DAY 5: Ski Jumping

Click Click

user posted image

user posted image

• ECoJ

DAY 5: Women's 5000 meter speed skating

Click Click

user posted image

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.