LGBTQIA Affairs Act

• Removed for technical issues.

• My fellow Ambassadors and delegates,
    Your feedback is greatly appreciated. My goal of this bill is not to force Gay Marriage on all member states but at least require member states to recognize the humanity of gays and others and protect them from discrimination in the justice system and workplace. Weselton itself is conservative and we will never allow gay marriage or unions but we do allow gay people to run for office and all rules and protections apply to gay people as well as straight people. We believe Marriage is a privledge and not a right and do not wish for either side of this specturm to be enforced regionwide. This attempt is a compromise so your feedback is most important.

Thanks,
    Sir George Barringer, Duke of Weselton

• Commission

Davishire agrees to support the principle behind this act however will not make a formal decision until a later stage.

• ECoJ

QUOTE (Weselton @ June 17th, 2014 - 22:41)

c) No Member State Government or any of its divisions or offices shall ever discriminate against an LGBTQIA by withholding services, levying unnecessary taxes, withholding justice by force of law, or inflicting any form of unjust, cruel, or unusual punishments upon an LGBTQIA citizen.

Section 2: No nation shall ever be required to recognize the legitimacy of a marriage of LGBTQIA and the choice to recognize an marriage containing LGBTQIA shall only be decided by a national referendum or any other process through which a nation's laws are passed.

Section 3: All Nations that do not recognize an LGBTQIA marriage shall be required to provide some other form of union or fair style of recognition in which LGBTQIA couples may be recognized but the specifics of this recognization will be decided by national governments.

"Once more we see an attempt to force gay marriage on countries which have long ago decided not to allow this form of matrimony. I know many European countries have decided NOT to allow same-sex marriage, and are not keen on changing this. This includes Inimicus. We will resist every attempt to force a legal matrimonial union between members of the same sex, be it a union before a church or before the state alone. I will resists this Act as much as possible."

Ralph Jaevons

• As voting is now open, I, Anatolius Eustorgios vote AGAINST bill.

• Commission

The Government of Davishire agrees with this proposal, however the government feels that without a unanimous agreement from all countries it would not be proper to bring this act into law. Therefore as a result of this the government has instructed me, Nicola Heaven to ABSTAIN from voting.

• QUOTE (Altha @ June 20th, 2014 - 17:38)

As voting is now open, I, Anatolius Eustorgios vote AGAINST bill.

I did not think voting was open

• QUOTE (Inimicus @ June 20th, 2014 - 17:35)

QUOTE (Weselton @ June 17th, 2014 - 22:41)

c) No Member State Government or any of its divisions or offices shall ever discriminate against an LGBTQIA by withholding services, levying unnecessary taxes, withholding justice by force of law, or inflicting any form of unjust, cruel, or unusual punishments upon an LGBTQIA citizen.

Section 2: No nation shall ever be required to recognize the legitimacy of a marriage of LGBTQIA and the choice to recognize an marriage containing LGBTQIA shall only be decided by a national referendum or any other process through which a nation's laws are passed.

Section 3: All Nations that do not recognize an LGBTQIA marriage shall be required to provide some other form of union or fair style of recognition in which LGBTQIA couples may be recognized but the specifics of this recognization will be decided by national governments.

"Once more we see an attempt to force gay marriage on countries which have long ago decided not to allow this form of matrimony. I know many European countries have decided NOT to allow same-sex marriage, and are not keen on changing this. This includes Inimicus. We will resist every attempt to force a legal matrimonial union between members of the same sex, be it a union before a church or before the state alone. I will resists this Act as much as possible."

Ralph Jaevons

I wish to correct my esteemed fellow Councillor. [B]This is not an attempt to force gay marriage upon any member state of the European Union. In fact, we ourselves are actually conservative and do not support gay marriage in any form. This bill is instead to protect gay people from being targeted, killed, or denied rights to trial. Every right of a gay person except marriage is recognized in this bill. If read this bill differently, we would appreciate suggestions how to make this more clear.

~Sir George Barrington, Councillor

• Normally, there are three stages for proposals - debate/amendments, voting on amendments, and voting on the final bill. However, if there are no amendments presented, the second phase is skipped and it goes straight to voting. This is made clear in the EU Constitution.

Since this bill is so similar to the one that was just defeated, few councillors had anything to say about it. However, any councillor may request extended time to debate if necessary.

Please restrict statements during the voting phase to justifications for a vote, if even that. Now is not the time to engage in debate. Also, please state your name for the record when voting.

The Duxburian Union's position remains unchanged. We are an egalitarian society and do not recognize the differences that this bill seeks to introduce.

I, Acwellan Devoy, on behalf of the Duxburian Union, vote AGAINST the bill.

• The Absolutist Monarchy's position remains unchanged as well. We're not willing to push this legislation into other countries, and we don't feel like there's need for it in our's. And besides, adding more rules and definitions to the LGBTQIA people would just make them feel even more different, something that Red Croatia does not accept. And to be honest, solving a problem without going into it's core, and instead seeking to end it with this is just lazy in my eyes. Therefore, on the behalf of the Absolutist Monarchy, I, Heather Von Henderson vote AGAINST this bill.

• Due to the large amount of opposition of recognizing LBGT people has fellow human citizens deserving basic rights that straight people are granted, we will remove this bill from the floor.

• OOC: In the future, please leave the text of the original bill in place when you withdraw it from the Council floor. Actually deleting the text is like destroying the physical record.

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.