Amendment to European Healthcare Accreditation Act

• The Government of Davishire does propose that the European Heathcare Accreditation Act be amended to remove issued which threaten the authority of the European Council.

My government expresses concern that the following section ,Article III Section VII, does threaten to undermine the authority of the council where an outside organisation does not agree with a decision made through democratic process.

Sec 7: These rules may be amended any time only by joint approval of the EHAC Board of Directors AND the European Council.

Therefore the Government of Davishire does propose that the section is amended to the following

Sec 7: These rules may be amended any time only by approval of the European Council.

The government of Davishire feels that this amended section will maintain the authority of the council throughout the European Union and will as a result secure true democratic process.

Debate stage shall start now,

Debate stage ends- 22:30 GMT on Tuesday 8th July 2014
    Voting on Amendments Stage ends at 22:30GMT on Thursday 10th July 2014
    Final Voting ends at 22:30 GMT on Sunday 13th July 2013

• "First of all, after hours of browsing the EU's archives, my secretaries and staffers have been unable to locate the exact text of the European Healthcare Accreditation Act and I would greatly appreciate it if my fellow councilors would provide me with its location.

Secondly, I wish to announce that, at least for the Present, I do agree with my fellow Councillor from Davshire that these above mentioned powers should be under direct control of the Council but I first wish to research this Board of Directors before I make my case clear.

• Admin

The requested Act

My archivist was able to pull up the document in 4.73 seconds. Perhaps you should start posting job openings in your office?

Anyway, this is why the Duxburian Union abstained from voting. The Council is the sole and supreme decision-making body of the European Union. It always has the power to amend its own laws without restriction. Regardless of what the act says, this power overrules.

I propose an amendment to the amendment, to simply drop section 7 entirely. The Council does not need the EHAC board's approval to amend its rules, nor does it need the act to say it has the power. The Constitution gives it such power already.

• I wish to thank my fellow Councillor for providing the requested document and I will surely start looking for better archive experts. I have looked over the bill personally and am further strengthened in my opinion that the Council should reserve all power. However, I feel that this clause was completely unnecessary to begin with as we already have the power to amend any law. Still, for technical reasons, it would be best to strike out this full clause.

• Admin

Cllr. Heaven raises an excellent point. Moreover, I support Cllr. Devoy's proposal to strike the entire section, rather than having a redundant restating of the Council's authority.

• I would be prepared to support this proposed amendment by Cllr, Devoy. I was merely changing the wording to support the councils authority and remove something which is unconstitutional.

• QUOTE (Angleter @ July 7th, 2014 - 16:59)

Cllr. Heaven raises an excellent point. Moreover, I support Cllr. Devoy's proposal to strike the entire section, rather than having a redundant restating of the Council's authority.

Exactly what I said, I second this motion

• Down with Section 7!!!!

• Admin

On behalf of the government of Miraco, the original author of the act, we recognise the concerns stated by our fellow nations and support the proposed amendment put forth by our fellow councillor.

• It is slightly late however we do have a proposed amendment from Duxburian Union.

DU's Amendment- Change the proposal so that the whole of Article III Section VII is removed from the act.

48 hours to vote with a deadline of 15:00GMt on Friday 11th July

• Admin

The amendment I proposed already does that, it amends the amendment to drop section 7. Voting on it is open.

• Admin

The delegation of Miraco votes in favour of the proposition.

• Slightly late but better than never. There were no votes posted before the deadline of the 10th July at 15:00GMT.

As a result the amendment by Duxburian Union is not carried. Therefore we move on to final voting.

With 72 hours to vote with a deadline of 11:00hrs GMT on Wednesday 16th July.

On behalf of the Commonwealth of Davishire I, Cllr. N HEaven vote FOR the proposed amendment.

• Admin

With 1 vote for and none against or abstaining, the amendment is passed.

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.