Neonicotinoid Restriction Act

• Article I: Purpose and Definitions

Section I

Concerned with the declining population of pollinators, the delegation of Miraco proposes the restriction of neonicotinoid pesticides in agriculture throughout the European Union.

Section II

For the purposes of this Act, we define the used terms as follows:

(i) Neonicotinoids: a family of pesticides, consisting of clothianidin, imidacloprid and thiametoxam

(ii) Pollinators: animals that spread pollen thereby aiding plant reproduction, this includes (but is not limited to) birds and bees.

(iii) Pesticide: a substance used for destroying insects or other organisms harmful to cultivated plants.

Section III

Nothing in this Act shall prevent member nations from adopting more strict national legislation regarding the restriction of certain pesticides. Member nations are encouraged to take further action to protect the populations of pollinators.

Article II: Regulations

Member nations of the European Union are hereby required to refrain from using neonicotinoids as agricultural pesticides.

Section I

(i) This act would restrict the use of neonicotinoids for seed treatment, soil application (granules) and foliar treatment on bee attractive plants and cereals.

(ii) Exceptions would be limited to the possibility of treating bee-attractive crops in greenhouses, in open-air fields only after flowering.

Article III: Enforcement

Section I

All member nations of the European Union are required to harmonise their national law(s) with this Act in 6 months of time from its approval by the European Council.

Section II

Breaching the articles of this Act must be considered a punishable offence in member nations.

Section III

Violations of this Act may be tried in the European Court of Justice.

• I agree on this, let this be law!

• Northern Caesarea fully supports this proposal.

Gabriela Espinosa
    European Council Delegate

• Commission

The government of Davishire cannot currently express an opinion unless we are provided more information about the impacts of these chemicals.

• Since there are no amendments, it skips to voting. Voting closes on July 22nd at 8:47 GMT.

• group:cid:2:privileges:mods:members

Os Corelia votes FOR this act

• Commission

On behalf of the government of Davishire I, Nicola Heaven, do ABSTAIN from voting

• I, Gabriela Espinosa, on behalf of the Federal Republic of Northern Caesarea, vote FOR this act

• I, Eloise Murray, on behalf of the government of Miraco, vote FOR this act

• I, Cuxi Anyas, on behalf of Nouvelle Picardie, vote FOR this act and hope the restriction of neonicotinoid use will benefit pollinator populations across the European Union.

• I, Acwellan Devoy, on behalf of the Duxburian Union, vote FOR the bill.

I realize that voting was "opened" kind of late, so if you need more time to vote, just ask. Although, it appears that the bill will sail through with little or no opposition.

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.