Map Matters (ATTN: You!)

• Admin

Righto then. Some of you may remember a bit of chatter last year about reforming the map of the region - making it of a better quality, adding geographical stuff, etc. I've taken it upon myself to bring this to a conclusion, since I don't want to do the more important things I have to do. This is the map as it stands (annoyingly, the direct link on Photobucket comes out crap. If you keep pressing the magnify button on this, you'll get an unwieldy view of how massive this map is):

MAP (click here)

You'll notice that few of the national borders/shapes have changed. This is intentional. No, I am not taking requests for changed borders/shapes. Some shapes have been changed to add flavour, but only where it doesn't substantively affect the RP. If I've changed your country's shape and you don't like it, feel free to let me know and I'll sort that out with you.

What I am after is the aforementioned geographical stuff. Please let me know where your rivers, mountains, hills, deserts, plains, etc. are. Maps of your country would be more than welcome, although I can't guarantee I'll be absolutely faithful to them, since your country (probably) borders on others, etc.

Moreover, I'd like to know what natural resources your country has, and where they are. Please do not go overboard with this. Be vaguely realistic (this also goes for geographical features) - you don't all have vast quantities of oil, for example. Try to make your resources fit your country's position on the continent, for example.

Please do this as quickly as possible. The sooner this is done, the sooner the map is done. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks!

• Admin

The nation of Miraco is famed for it's rivers which run throughout the country which have allowed us to generate hydroelectric power, and build large farms. We also have sizeable coal, natural gas, iron and aluminium reserves in Eastern Miraco. Northern Miraco is famed for its mountains, while the rest of Miraco is rather flat and the country lacks any desert terrain.

Here is a map of Miraco:
    user posted image

• Hello, I sent the discription yesterday on Skype, but just in case I'll post it here as well.

user posted imageuser posted image

Geography
    Nordphalen, the lands north of the black sea, has one large mountain on the west side. Going to the north and east from there, it's quite hilly. To the south it's pretty much flat with sparsely growing pine trees.
    West of the river Soroya flowing trough the Westmark is a ridge, cutting through the land from North to South. The lands on the west side are highlands, which makes it a relatively cold area. There are a couple of small hills here and there, but nothing too spectacular. In most the south-west corner of Rimroth grows a relatively small forest.
    Between Rimroth-City and Goroth is a very large impenetrable pine forest. A mountain range stretches from the Soroya to the Vyn (the middle River) and surrounds the west and south of the area of Kar-Bayn. Between this mountain range and the mountain range east of the Vyn is the Vyn-lake. The other mountainious area are three mountain ranges coming together in one point. One starting near Vyn-lake, the other one near the city of Ancadyl, and the last one starting more north west of the Rora (most right River).
    The source of the Vyn is in the Fordall Mountains, the most southern mountain range. This one stretches alongside the border almost to Ancadyl. The city of Langerbayn is situated between the Mountains, on almost 4 km high. East of where it ends is a hilly area with a large pine forest surrounding the upper side of the Rora and the city of Alaran. North of Alaran starts the very mountainious area of Fernpeak. The Fernpeak province is the most mountainious province, with mountains all over the place, comparable with the Alps, with the highest being the Fernpeak with 5.023 m.

Resources
    Rimroth imports most of its food from other nations. The plains in the Westmark are largely used for cultivating cows and sheep to eat. Rimroth has a relatively large fishing industry because of it occupying almost half of the Black Sea?s coastlines. Rimroth pumps oil from a very small oil reservoir in the Black Sea.
    The Mountains near Ancadyl and the Rora are mined for copper, iron-ore and titanium, with copper being the mineral mostly present in those Mountains. Copper is the main resource Rimroth exports along with titanium. The Mountains in the Fernpeak province are used for the production of natural gas to use for producing energy. The Mountains surrounding Kar-Bayn do not contain a lot of resources, they only do contain a bit of coal, but not too much. This is also used for producing energy. However most of Rimroths energy is produced with hydropower. The forest between Goroth and Rimroth City and the forest between Ancadyl and Alaran produces a lot of wood, which Rimroth also exports.

So in short:

Mainland:

• West: highlands, few small hills, relatively small pine forest.
    • South: Mountains surrounding west and south of Kar-Bayn, Mountains surrounding Langerbayn.
      -East: three mountain ranges coming together east of the Vyn-lake. A large pine forest, and Mountains in the north-east. Hills in the south-east.
    • North: a large impenetrable pine forest between the Vyn, Goroth and Rimroth-City

Nordphalen:

• One quite large mountain on the west side, hills to the north and east, quite flat to south.

Resources:

• Small oil reservoir in Black Sea.
    • Fish in black sea.
    • Sheep and cows in the highlands.
    • Copper, titanium, iron-ore in the Mountains near Ancadyl.
    • Natural gas for energy in Fernpeak Mountains.
    • Small amount of coal in the Kar-Bayn Mountains.
    • Wood from the many pine forests.

Energy production: mainly hydropower, a bit of coal, a bit of natural gas.
    Main resources: copper, titanium and wood.

The Rimrothian population mainly lives in the cities, which makes Rimroth quite a desolate country.

• Poland has a few features. The river that goes through Warsaw to the Arctic is called the Vistula River and the southern river that runs through it is called the Dnieper River. The Tatras Mountains separate Slovakia and Poland in the west, closer to the Baltic Lake (between Prussia and Poland). The river that runs through Vilnius is the Vilnia river.

There is forestry in the middle of Poland, as well as the southern portions of Lithuania, and the Eastern half of Belarus.

The resources found in Poland are of course wood, and I've been RP-ing with Russian resources, since I am in the SU's old spot and it seems to make sense, so oil, natural gas, uranium, metals, minerals etc.

user posted image

• How do you guys get such a high quality close up of your country?

• Admin

user posted image

user posted image

Many parts of the GDR are covered by thick forest masses, most of them located in the southern mountain ranges, in the border between the states of France and Deutschland, in southern and eastern Deutschland, as well as in northern France and southern Belgie. However, most of the country is occupied by plains. There are also many lakes, most of them located in the area of Deutschland south of the city of Munich, as well as around the capital Berlin and in Niederlanden east of Amsterdam.

As to natural resources, some sources of uranium are found at the Pyrenees Plateau and in the forests in southern Deutschland as well as in Czechland. Oil can be found in the northern coasts, in the Caspian Sea, where natural gas can also be found. Vast ammounts of coal can be found in Deutschland west of the Rhein river between Frankfurt and D?sseldorf. Iron can be found in eastern France and western Deutschland. Gold sources are located in southern France (north of the Pyrenees Plateau) and in the east (west of the Alps). Copper is found in southwestern Deutschland. Potash sources are located at northern and far eastern Deutschland. There are nickel sources as well, located deep in the Alps and in the Pyrenees Plateau. Finally, some Lead reserves are found in eastern Deutschland, east of the cities of Posen and Breslau.

• The Landscape in Prussia is primarily split east-west, with the west being much more rugged and hilly then the eastern part of the country which rests on the Baltic plains right beside the Baltic Lakes. Most of the population resides on these plains, where also the majority of the food is grown due to the nature of the rivers Rhine, Danube, Elbe. There are two forests in the Imperial State, the Black Forest to the north and the Bavarian Forest to the South. Swabian and Franconian Alb are the two mountain ranges going from North to South, the Swabian rests on the southern end of the country, while the Franconian exists to the north.

Resource wise, while it can maintain some levels of net exporter, it still requires imports in a variety of metals. The main resources which are most abundant are Iron ore, coal, potash, timber, lignite, uranium, copper, natural gas, salt, nickel, water. Some oil exists in the Baltic lakes, but it is not enough to interest any firms.

Map will be sent on skype due to internet troubles with my image uploader.

• user posted image

The coastal areas of Davishire consist mostly of salt marshes, cliffs and long beaches with sand dunes. Most of Inland Davishire consists of rolling hills and grasslands with agricultural land and woodland. The South of Davishire aroung Preston Wallop and Preston the land is much more flat with lots of grassland and woodland. There is very little in the way of mountains except around Illington which has a small range of mountains with lakes and rivers to many to map here.

Davishire has a mixture of gold, coal, oil and Uranium spread across the east of the country. There is a large deposit off the coast between Davishire and Sandy Island however this is in a newly established environmentally protected area where drilling is not permitted.

• Mod

Cool map. I'm on my dying phone so I'll be very brief.

Inquista is made up of one singular massive city and is therefore completely covered in concrete. The terrain is also pretty much flat so nothing is to be done there. Inquista's economy is dominated by manufacturing, so as far as natural resources go, massive amounts of fishing is done on the coast. And that's it. Easy work for you.

I'll post about The Sahrawi Union while I'm at it.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1z21yxe&s=8#.U9ww0dm9Kc1
    ( The Sahrai Union Map. note: it's a phone URL so idk if it will work on PC. You can find the map on The Sahrawi Union's Factbook in the EU fact book section.)

It's almost all entirely flat desert, but mountains begin to form along the whole eastern border. Grassland also begins to form near it's southwestern border near Dakhla. Fishing is done on the coat, and small amounts of agricultural farming is found the southwest near Dakhla. Nomadic grazing and pastures (composed mostly of sheep, goats and camels) are done all around Baggari and south of Smara. Phosphate and Uranium mines are found north of Guelta Zemmur and large oil fields are found in the northern portion of the southeastern region.

Thanks for all the work done, Joe!

• I'm pretty sure I've already sent this over skype, but just to be sure, here's the entire thing:

http://s4.postimg.org/xm5y7fyrx/inimicus_geography.png

• user posted image
    user posted image
    Here are some maps of Icholasen I've got plenty more dotted around, I'll try and find some.

Icholasen's Geography is obviously coastal because it's an island. It is a large plain with only one mountain. It has perfect agricultural terrain, but which is not always used as cities dot around the country. The one Mountain is called Mount Elizabeth and it is resource rich and is mined a lot. Icholasen's coast has lots of fish and oil.

• I have saved the map and will hopefully be able to have done something with Nouvelle Picardie by the time I have internet again around the middle of next week.

Nouvelle Picardie's geography and resources are similar to southern South America.

The majority of the population lives along the western coast with the Andes to the east and then a belt of desert to the east of the Andes and moderately populated grassland for the eastern half of the nation.

For mineral resources: natural gas, oil, lithium, copper, tin, zinc, iron, gold, silver. Lithium and copper in quantities large enough to export, the others mostly for internal consumption.

• Admin

Any more takers?

• imicus promised me to make a map

• Apologies for the delay... Hopefully at some point I will post a more detailed series of maps in the National Information section. The map is rough and is at most an outline of some of the nation's major features.

The red and yellow square is the location of the capital city, Cuzco. Blue represents major lakes and rivers. The Andes and as well as a desert (in brown) are also indicated.

user posted image

• user posted image

• user posted image

user posted image

Natural resources:

Coal deposits are found underneath Kerry Range as well as in the island territory. Gold and diamond sites are found exclusively in Whithorn Mountains. Natural gas can be found between mainland and the island. Small zins deposits are also found in island Ineland.

Territory:

Most of insular Ineland is covered by green grasslands while some small patches of forest are found in the north and center of the island. On the other hand, mainland Ineland is mostly covered by thick forests. The southern tip of the mainland is, however, mostly arid (not desertic).

• user posted image

There's a poorly made map that shows kind of what I think Halsberg's geography is like. Out in the sea, the black bit indicates confirmed oil reserves, while the grey is suspected but unconfirmed.

The Golgosan Steppe in the west of the country is mainly flat grassland plains, with some dryer, sandier areas further south. That river that goes from the border of Poland-Lithuania to the Caspian Sea is the Rissette River, also known as the Dnieper, and is continuous with the one described in Poland's map.

Coal and natural gas deposits are found in the North East of the country in the Vuori Mountain rage, though this has only been lightly exploited. Small deposits of uranium are also found in the mountains, along with limited amounts of gold and silver. There are also export-worthy quantities of copper and other similar metals. Much of the population near the north west relies on subsistence farming, and as such the land is quite fertile, especially near the J?rvialueella which contains Halsberg's Great Lakes.

• Ineland, are you located on the Britain-equivalent or the Ireland-equivalent?

• QUOTE (Llanowar @ November 10th, 2014 - 0:20)

Ineland, are you located on the Britain-equivalent or the Ireland-equivalent?

What do you mean by Britain-equivalent/Ireland-equivalent?

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.