The Grand Polonaise

• 25 October 2014
    Presidential Palace, Warsaw, Poland-Lithuania
    8:27 a.m.

The President made her way into her office, and many of her cabinet from the previous administration including her fianc?, Ian Syzmanowski, would be with her soon. She was excited for this meeting, because she would have nearly an identical cabinet, and they could really accomplish new things in the next five years of her elected term. She also invited the future majority leader, Mr. Pokorny, to the meeting. She had never been in this position before...she was the leader of government and the head of state, but with an elected mandate and other people relying on her decisions. She cherished the moments she had with her fianc? however, and his advice.

"Ian, what do you mean I still can't know about the Teutons? You brought me there, and now I'm marrying the leader of the Teutonic Knights. I have every right to know," President Kligenberg said to Ian Syzmanowski.

"I can't tell you everything; even if you were the monarch, and I was merely your first minister, I still wouldn't have been able to...sorry," Ian replied. "You just did the next best thing and said yes when I proposed."

"Poland has special services; I wouldn't have needed to marry you for protection," President Kligenberg scoffed. "Hardly that, to be honest."

"Then what DID you marry me for?" Mr. Syzmanowski asked in a joking tone.

"Because I fancied a shag, and Presidents probably shouldn't just have a friend with benefits next to them at all times," President Kligenberg laughed in a hushed voice. The rest of the secretaries made their way to the room, Mrs. Gulczynska sitting next to the former Internal Affairs Secretary, who was still acting in his capacity until a new, confirmed Secretary of Internal Affairs would pass through the Sejm and the new Senate.

"Alright, so we're here to discuss legacy, both of the PCDP and myself, and our legislative agenda for the 2015 year. I've already seen that the economic plan has polled well," the President said, confident and sure of herself finally. "Some of the details were hashed out, and I genuinely believe in these policies. This, however, is borrowing some ideas from the centre-left, even though we're centre-right. But we're more than just a spectrum, and that's what I want for this party. I want the PCDP to be a party that represents Christian values, moderated. We cannot exist if we are going to be a party of only Christian voters of extreme conservative thought. We have to show that we share some things in common, and that our Christian democracy is one that is not afraid of being flexible, while still employing some fiscal conservative and socially conservative ideas."

"Then, what would you suggest we do about same sex marriage, President Kligenberg?" Mr. Pokorny interjected.

"We don't; we leave it up to the individual nations, and if they recognize it, the government will recognize their marriage. That is the right thing to do in that situation. We will not address it unless spoken to about it, but we will never ban same sex marriage, and we will never speak ill of the sexual minorities and LGBT community. I, personally, support the idea of marriage for love, no matter what, and will champion that always," President Kligenberg responded. "However, I will not force the Sejm's PCDP members to adopt that position."

"What legacy do you want the PCDP to have? This is the time we have to define ourselves as a party," Mr. Polanski, the Secretary of Defence.

"What I hope we will do is show us as the true party of the people, empowering them to succeed, supporting them if they are not. Not an absence of the welfare state, but a smart one should be our legacy. I do believe the economic plan we have, and future plans for healthcare and infrastructure will help us on those lines," President Kligenberg responded. "There is no room for negotiation on this vision; you are either with it or against it."

The Secretaries and future Majority Leader all looked at the President and nodded.

They were agreed.

"I do believe, then, that this meeting is adjourned," President Kligenberg responded. "Now, if you excuse me, I have to go on a summit with the High President of Halsberg."

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.