Angleter vs Deutschia

• user posted image

A PETITION
    Against the 'Dictatorship of Deutschia'

The Apostolic Crown of Angleter has noted with alarm the following statements, all of Deutschian origin, about the state of human rights in the Dictatorship of Deutschia:

QUOTE (Deutschian Press; 16th December 2014)

"Goddess Wooo has rewarded chief architect Suzanna Renae with relinquishment from her mortal duties"

QUOTE (Deutschian Press; 29th December 2014)

"Goddess Wooo rewarded L'Arc with relinquishment from her mortal duties yesterday"

QUOTE (Deutschian Press; 29th December 2014)

Most of L'Arc's family have received honorable positions in the Subtopian Mine about 3500 metres below the surface.

QUOTE (Jean-Marie L'Arc @ Commission Candidates' Debate; 8th-15th December 2014)

Her Holy Realm of Deutschia follows the Goddess' Mandate, and She has mandated that regarding same-sex marriages, female-female marriages are legal while male-male marriages are not.

QUOTE (Jean-Marie L'Arc @ Commission Candidates' Debate; 8th-15th December 2014)

If other nations want to legalise all same-sex marriages, then let them. Deutschia will export its male homosexuals to those countries.

Please note that Goddess Wooo is the Head of State of Deutschia. It is the belief of the Apostolic Crown of Angleter that the "relinquishment from... mortal duties" detailed by the Deutschian Press is in fact a euphemism for extrajudicial and/or summary execution carried out on the order of Ms. Wooo. We find this to be contrary to the following articles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights:

QUOTE (Universal Declaration of Human Rights)

Article 3
    Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

Article 10
    Everyone is entitled in full equality to a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal, in the determination of his rights and obligations and of any criminal charge against him.

Article 11
    1. Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law in a public trial at which he has had all the guarantees necessary for his defence.
    2. No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission which did not constitute a penal offence, under national or international law, at the time when it was committed. Nor shall a heavier penalty be imposed than the one that was applicable at the time the penal offence was committed.

We further believe that the "honorable positions in the Subtopian Mine about 3500 metres below the surface" is a euphemism for extrajudicial and/or summary enslavement in the Subtopian Mine. We furthermore believe that Ms. L'Arc's family have been targeted because they are Ms. L'Arc's family. We consider this contrary to the following articles of the UDoHR:

QUOTE (UDoHR)

Article 4
    No one shall be held in slavery or servitude; slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms.

Article 5
    No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.

Article 7
    All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination.

Article 11
    1. Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law in a public trial at which he has had all the guarantees necessary for his defence.
    2. No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission which did not constitute a penal offence, under national or international law, at the time when it was committed. Nor shall a heavier penalty be imposed than the one that was applicable at the time the penal offence was committed.

Article 12
    No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.

Regarding Ms. L'Arc's comments on marriage, we wish to clarify that we consider the contentious issue of whether the UDoHR mandates same-sex marriage irrelevant to this case. Rather, we wish to raise the issue that while women can marry women or (presumably) men, men can (presumably) only marry women. This is flagrant gender discrimination against men, and thus is, we believe, contrary to the following articles of the UDoHR:

QUOTE (UDoHR)

Article 2
    Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.

Article 7
    All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination.

Moreover, Ms. L'Arc's claim that Deutschia will 'export' its male homosexuals to countries that allow two men to marry is clearly a case of arbitrary exile of Deutschia's male homosexual population. This we consider contrary to the following UDoHR articles:

QUOTE (UDoHR)

Article 2
    Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.

Article 7

Article 9
    No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.

Article 12
    No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.

Article 13
    1. Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.
    2. Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.

Article 15
    1. Everyone has the right to a nationality.
    2. No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his nationality nor denied the right to change his nationality.

Though we appreciate that information about these Deutschian practices is scarce, we believe that we have given ample reason for the Court to prosecute Deutschia of the charges laid out above, and to thus call Deutschia to explain its words and its actions. We further believe that, as a member state of the European Union also subject to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, we have standing to bring this case before the Court - Deutschia's breaches of the UDoHR make a mockery of the authority of the European Union, of the UDoHR itself, and of treaty signatures in general. Deutschia's actions are an affront to the very basis of regional law and regional diplomacy, and thus to every nation in the European Union, including Angleter. We welcome any other national government, or any other institution that can claim standing, that wishes to second this petition. Please note that we wish for the Court to compel Deutschia to abide by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and to authorise the European Union and its member states to apply whatever means necessary to get Deutschia to comply.

Hilary Sandu
    Attorney General, Apostolic Kingdom of Angleter.

• Groot-Belgie fully supports angleters claims because if deutschia really does this it is a crime against humanity

• The Court has decided to hear the case; we will proceed immediately, and request both parties be in attendance in Court no later than 10 January 2015, or be subject to a warrant to appear in Court.

Chief Justice Fronczyk

• Banned

(OOC: I would have appreciated being notified by NS telegram or a PM here ... but it's fine as I have now seen this thread. My Internet is very choppy today, I will reply IC in a a later date)

Her Holy Realm will not deign to participate unless the Court refers to us and our holy leader in the proper terms, such as 'Her Holy Realm of Deutschia', and 'Ruler of Everything Under the Sun' for the Goddess. Alternatively and more simply, the Goddess may be addressed as the 'Righteous One', 'Kindly One', 'Generous One', 'Lovely One', 'Sparkly One' or the 'Fairest Of Them All'.

• Hilary Sandu, representing the Apostolic Crown of Angleter, in attendance.

• ECoJ

"I for one as a Justice will not be referring to the Deutschian Head of State in such a manner, as the title itself acts as a way of putting herself above the Justices in the case and their authority, and the authority of the Union"

-Justice George Herbe

• The Court orders a warrant to appear in court to Ms. Wooo, known by her people as Goddess Wooo.

Chief Justice Fronczyk

• Banned

Uttering the words "Ms. Wooo" is a crime punishable by death in Deutschia. Strike that from the court records, and the Goddess may be more inclined to appear.

• Considering we are not in Deutschia and we are, in fact, in Europolis, I highly doubt my life is at risk. Therefore we will not be striking that from records. However, Goddess Wooo must appear in court. We will refer to Ms. Wooo as "Goddess Wooo" from this point further.

Threatening European officials is its own crime, and the Deutschian comment will be noted and sent to the proper authorities.

Chief Justice Fronczyk

• ECoJ

"I fail to see why it is necessary to call Ms.Woo a title that has no place in Europolis, where all titles are earned through the electorate. I for one request that upon the arrival of Ms.Woo to prevent either side from having difficulty Ms.Woo is referred to as 'The Head of State of Deutschia. As this also prevent a religious backlash against some members of the Court."

• Justice George Herbe

• Commission

"I would like to see this case move forward. I hope that defendant, Ms. Woo, does attend this court. Otherwise I propose that the court does move forward in the defendants absence with an arrest warrant issued, if that is possible."

• Banned

That was no threat. That was just a warning, in case one of the Justices stepped into Deutschia and uttered those blasphemous words. Deutschia, like every nation in this region should, likes each Justice to keep their heads.

Goddess Wooo is on her way. She will be ignoring Justice Herbe and Justice Leveson, both of whom have botched her name and referred to her insultingly. Chief Justice Fronczyk has started to grate on her nerves, but since the Goddess is ever-generous, she will give him another chance.

• ECoJ

"...."

_The Justice looked towards the Chief Justice on how to deal with the complete lack of respect for the court _

• Banned

QUOTE (Poretos @ January 12th, 2015 - 7:26)

"...."

_The Justice looked towards the Chief Justice on how to deal with the complete lack of respect for the court _

This method of questioning from Justice Herbe will suit the Righteous One just fine. Why, here she comes now!

• Commission

Justice Leveson looks sternly toward the door from which Ms. woo would approach. Slightly offended by the lack of respect. He then looked toward the Chief Justice waiting for proceedings to start

• Banned

The door was flung open rather rudely. In strode someone (who was rather short) in pink. (image) She looked around, then exclaimed: "YO LADIES, WHASSUP?"

• "The prosecution is invited to begin court proceedings. We must remind the defendants that this court will not tolerate disrespect towards any justice, and any more displays of disrespect may result in the offenders being fined or arrested."

Chief Justice Fronczyk

((OOC: Angleter will be busy this week, and proceedings may begin as late as Saturday))

• Banned

Upon hearing the Chief Justice's words, Goddess Wooo exclaimed, "Yeah! You go, girl!" She then thumped the table while addressing the prosecution. "Y'all better disrespect nobody! Let's get this party started!"

((OOC: The delay's fine, no worries.))

• ECoJ

"If the Head of State Continues these actions I will request a petition that the Head of state be represented by another member of her Government, but request that she remains in Europolis for questions and necessity."

• George Herbe

• Commission

Justice Leveson was almost in shock, he banged his fist on the table in order to gain attention,

"Ms.Wooo, I highly advise that you cease these inappropriate actions and take your situation seriously!

Chief Justice, I would like to request that we adjourn until another representative is present"

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.