Motion of impeachment

• user posted image

Fellow Commissioners,

In order to keep an active and up-to-date European Commission, at the start of my term I promised myself that I would vote to impeach any Commissioner who displays inactivity, ignorancy or misconduct. Consequently, it is my duty to move a motion of impeachment when I think it fit. This is one of those occasions. Commissioner for Economics Karl Kielburger has been an active contributor to the Commission during the early weeks of our term, however he has fallen completely silent and the Union has not heard from his nation, Poretos, for many weeks.

'The Commission, recognising the unfair conduct of Commissioner Carl Kielburger, and having noticed the Commissioner has misused the trust the the European people have placed in him, further noticing that the Commissioner has not produced a European Budget or an Economic Update, condemns the Commissioner and removes him from office.'

Premier Commissioner Eric Hitchens

Voting on this motion starts NOW and ends March 10th 1300 GMT or when all Commissioners have voted

• Admin

I vote FOR the impeachment.

• QUOTE (Angleter @ March 7th, 2015 - 13:18)

I will support this vote. I, too, vote FOR this motion.

• QUOTE (Pacifist Cowards @ March 7th, 2015 - 23:03)

QUOTE (Angleter @ March 7th, 2015 - 13:18)

I will support this vote. I, too, vote FOR this motion.

OOC: This vote was presented to the Commission, and only Commissioners may vote on the motion.

• OOC: Could you cite the article in the constitution that gives the Commission the power to impeach one of their own? I believe this to be a sole right of the European Council.

• Mod

OOC: After double-checking, it's definitely only within the Council's power. No big deal though. Just re-post this as as a Councillor in the Chamber.

• This motion is now withdrawn.

OOC: My apologies. Since I was told to have the Commission vote last time we impeached a Commissioner I presumed the Commission would have to vote this time too. I amended the motion and posted it in the Council.

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.