They're From the North!

• Mod

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

24 April 2015
    London City Airport

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HAVVENSKAR!?" Prime Minister Miliband bellowed. He had been left with a few aides and some of the Cabinet members...the Secretary for International Development, the Business Secretary, the Home Secretary, and Deputy Prime Minister Harriet Harman. "We just requested flights there for Christ's sake!"

"We barely know anything about them. We know they are of a Nordic culture, and we trade with them on the North Sea facing side of Britain. They also once raided a church in England. Since then, they've become a grouping of kingdoms not unlike ours," the Home Secretary, Yvette Cooper, said to the Prime Minister.

"Certainly you must know what their flag looks like," the PM said. The Cabinet Ministers simply looked around. "Oh come off it..."

"We're only joking," the Deputy said. They watched as a plane touched down, sleek and efficient and taxied towards the terminal. The London City Airport was partially closed to allow for the party at Havvenskar to arrive. The Government has decided that Heathrow, barring a necessity for show, is far too busy, the hub of Transatlantic and gateway to Northern Europe. London City was much more fitting for diplomatic meetings of a much less pomp variety.

They watched as the passengers walked off the plane and up the gate into the terminal.

• Prime Minister Jens Johanssen had quite a comfortable flight. The flight to the United Kingdom only took about one and half hour. With Jens Johanssen was Minister of Foreign Affairs Asmund Henrichsen. They had been talking about the nation they were going to visit during the flight, but came to the conclusion they did not know an awful lot about it.
    After the plane touched down and the door opened, the Prime Minister and the Minister of Foreign Affairs walked into the terminal.

"Good afternoon gentlemen. It's jolly good to see you." he said, trying to sound british. He shook the hands of the gentlemen, as did Asmund Henrichsen.

• Mod

The group made their way to Downing Street and began the meeting in the Pillared Room.

"We are happy to have you in the United Kingdom. We would like to begin with asking you what you would like to accomplish with our summit today?"

• "I think it is important to accomplish a good relation between our nations. This will be mutually beneficial.

I think open borders between our nations could be a start, as tourists and travellers will not have to go through the troubles of getting a visum."

• Mod

"Yes. The United Kingdom also has a grand idea for a North Atlantic Trade Organization in which member nations automatically engage in free trade and free movement to encourage that trade. That's as far as it will go, as recent endeavours in sub-Union organisations show it rarely works and there may be too many things to reconcile.

We also know you are part of a Scandinavian alliance of sorts and would not want to compromise any defence treaties that encompass that. Would that suit Mr. Johanssen and Havvenskar?"

• "I think that suits us very well. This would give the North a bit of a boost. It is still a bit of a chaos after the Teuton conflict. I think it would be a good idea to involve several nations around the North." said the Prime Minister. "This would benefit us all greatly. As long as it is not contradicting anything stated in the UNS treaty between the Teutonic State, Jyllandet and Havvenskar. That would cause some problems, but I think we can work around that.

How do you want to establish this Organization?"

• Mod

"I'd like to have a separate meeting, and since it's the proposal of the United Kingdom, we thought we should host it in Dublin.

"What we're looking for is strictly trade based. No defence treaties attached, no allegiance to having us as primary trading partners, but simply an increase in trade. This could be a great path to peace for the North and prosperity. I think a grand summit in Dublin with the Northern nations would be a great start to this organization."

• "I think that is a great idea. Who do you want to invite? Do you define the North as Scandinavia and surroundings or does it go further?"

• Mod

"I'd like to invite all of Scandinavia, Icholasen, Davishire, Belarum, Framptonia and the Pacifist Cowards. I think it's crucial to invite those nations as they are a wide mix of prosperous and developing nations that could be key to getting the whole part of this region active and going in growth."

• "That is indeed a great meeting. Once we are done here, I will send word to Havvenskar, so preparations can be made. Are there any more points you want to discuss?"

• Mod

"Yes, I would like your opinion of a defence treaty between our two nations. I want the cooperation between us to be very close, and it would include intelligence sharing capabilities as well. We want the UK to be right there with Havvenskar should the need ever arise."

• "I like that idea. Havvenskar is one of the smaller nations of Europe. With the mighty United Kingdom behind us people will think twice about invasions or something along those line. I think the UK and Havvenskar have much to offer to each other. This would indeed bring the Northern countries closer to each other."

• Mod

"I wholeheartedly agree, and I think we will have much work together on as well. I would like to encourage some scientific endeavours via our universities and R&D departments so that our two nations can be on the cutting edge of European discovery and innovation. I know Britain will be ready to invest in both nations' scientific exploration."

• "This will put the North on the map as an important place. To further encourage these scientific endeavours, and also mobility between our nations, we had this other idea in Havvenskar. The idea was a large tunnel from Havvenskar to Icholasen, and then a tunnel from Icholasen to the UK. We contacted our Nicoleizian colleagues about this, and they approve of this idea."

• Mod

"That sounds like an intriguing and exciting endeavour for our three nations. The United Kingdom will sign on to such an idea!"

• "This will be quite expensive though, but I think we can manage. The tunnel, in combination with the Trade Organization will increase mobility between the Northern nations, and so will improve prosperity for us all."

• Mod

"The United Kingdom will not mind the expense as it helps our tourism and many export industries Is there anything else you would like to discuss with us?"

• "Yes, there is. We would like a student exchange program with the UK. This would be great for the students themselves, but also for both our peoples in general, because the understanding of both our cultures will grow amongst the people."

• Mod

"I very much agree with this venture. The Labour Party has prided itself on investing in education and these exchanges will give us a chance to improve the secondary and higher education. We have free universities here and the chance to collaborate with other institutions will bring even more prestige to the UK's learning environment. Besides, a degree from Cambridge, Oxford, Edinburgh or London goes a long way, as does a famed degree from Selderheim. We have heard of the fantastic educational situation in Havvenskar," the Prime Minister said.

"I believe anything else we can accomplish must be done in a group summit on a later date to establish our trade organization."

• "Yes I think so. I think that is all then? We will return home to Havvenskar, and will see you on the meeting. Thank you for your time."

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.