About IC Secret

• Commission

I get that things can be IC secret, I do, but there has to be a limit. There's been some questionable uses of IC secret, and I just wanted to know where everyone stood on what could be logically a secret.

• Commission

nations can get away with quite alot in terms of secret actions. If something was built in a mountainous area, mostly underground away from prying international eyes with light but tight security anyone could get away with anything. I mean, unless a nation RPs that it has got some kind of special intelligence (which could be denied by other nations)

However, some things, like a massive fleet building up off Os Corelia would be visible even if the planning and command elements are initially secret.

In my opinion, it depends upon the situation. Take what is currently happening between Davishire and Inimicus. A nuclear project hidden deep within the Inimican mountains and mostly underground could go undetected if disguised properly.

• QUOTE (The United Kingdom @ June 15th, 2015 - 2:07)

I get that things can be IC secret, I do, but there has to be a limit. There's been some questionable uses of IC secret, and I just wanted to know where everyone stood on what could be logically a secret.

I agree with you. It feels like being in the Europe before WWI, where spies and counterspies and secret projects were underway.

I mean, come on, we should be supposed to be friendly toward eachother in this Union!

• ECoJ

There are limits to IC secrecy, but I guess this was posted after Inimicus's meeting with Davishire. This meeting is within those limits.

• Commission

Believe it or not, this is not about you. This has been something since last year that needs addressed. Like, when people move fleets as an IC secret.

Clearly that can't be a secret unless you found some cloak of invisibility from satellites and radar and patrols.

So where's the line drawn?

• Commission

I agree that there is a line that needs to be drawn with IC secrecy, but I think people should play this by ear. I know that the movement of my fleet last year was posted under an IC secret post, but I think that it is evident that fleets can be visible.

But I think that we should play this all by ear rather than setting out specific guidelines.

• Commission

It doesn't need to be that specific, but we need some kind of guideline to base everything else around or else someone could just abuse IC secret.

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.