Eurozone Admission Requirement Proposal

• Commission

In order to ensure the prosperity of the Euro, our regional currency, I propose that guidelines be set for admittance to the Eurozone. Since the Council votes on proposals, I bring the first proposal to the European Union:

• Economies wishing to join the Eurozone must be at least be in a self-sustaining shape (OOC: Very Strong) able to withstand shock tests, downturns, etc.
    • Government spending should not exceed 45% of GDP
    • Systems of government must ensure personal and political freedoms (OOC: Excellent ratings in Civil and Political Rights) and promote stability. The government must also have a democratic system of checks and balances and open elections.
    • Debt calculated by the Office of Economics cannot exceed 45% of GDP.
    • Miraco, California and Oregon, Belarum, Grossdeutches Reich, Kryuland, and the Weiss Isles are automatically included in the Eurozone as the requirements will apply to future applicants.
    • Membership to the European Union does not require joining the Eurozone or adopting the Euro in any capacity as your national currency.
    • Approval to the Eurozone must be voted up by a 60% majority of the Council.

This is intended to be a starting point. I encourage debate and thank you for the democratic debate of the proposal.

Dr. Michael J. Reed President of the European Central Bank

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.