Proposal: Turbo-Territory Selection

• A while ago, we used to have a limit for when someone should be kicked off the map for inactivity. What I'd like to propose is that we bring this back in a more developed form, whereby people - when signing up to the map - also have to fill out a form akin to that in the Fast Facts thread. All of that info would go into a spreadsheet (perhaps in Google Doc form, thus making it easily visible to everyone, and easily editable to admins and mods) which would, therefore, list all the RPing nations and various basic facts about them. Being on that spreadsheet would essentially make you part of the RP, a status that isn't brilliantly defined at present (do we count all 147 EU members? But that's no use for the econ spreadsheet. But then how do we divide that 147 between RPers and non-RPers?). Not dissimilarly to before, a month without having posted (unless good reason is given beforehand) when this is all checked (once or twice a month) would get you kicked from the map.

In addition to making basic facts even more accessible, the main benefit to this would be to give a clearer definition of who counts as part of the RP or not. That in turn would help the forthcoming econ spreadsheet, allow for actually useful turnout figures for elections, give a sense of the actual size and membership of the European Council (thus making my forthcoming Europarty reform proposals easier), and so on. Moreover, bringing back regular map kickings would clear up the map, the national factbooks forum, etc.

Thoughts?

• That is a great idea. It seems to be more efficient than what we have now, so I am down for that.

This is a great idea! I'm so down for it.

Also, can I bring this idea into it as well? So once a nation fills out the form and gains a spot on the map, we also give them their own sub-forum in the factbook section.

• While the sub forum idea would be very interesting it isn't a scaleable solution, and wouldn't be feasible to implement. It would also require manual intervention by the admins to make them and then manage them which would be difficult. I am investigating new things, what I am hoping to do is to merge profiles and fact books. Anyone have any thoughts?

A merger of player profiles and factbooks sounds interesting. I guess we'll put the sub-forum idea on hold then while you investigate further.

• will this mean that all currently active nations will have to apply for a spot again? either way, i'm all for it

• ECoJ

Sounds great, much easier to accrss!

• I feel we could take this a step further and suggest plots for people, using information provided as well as a basic description about their nation. Could go a long way in help getting new people set up properly.

• ECoJ

@The-Weiss-Isles said: I like this idea. It would also mean that we could introduce the nations to their nearest neighbours and possibly keep them active

I feel we could take this a step further and suggest plots for people, using information provided as well as a basic description about their nation. Could go a long way in help getting new people set up properly.

• ECoJ

What would be the criteria for an rping nation?

• Then the 'Fast Facts about your nation' thing would be archived if this happens.

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.