Nuclear annihilation just too easy?

• Okay I've been thinking (and getting annoyed a bit) about War System Nuclear Technological Requirements, If I have to have a NS Mining Sector of 5, why shouldn't there be Education Requirements - because otherwise you want have the scientists, industrial requirements - because otherwise you don't have the expertise and equipment, and at least a reasonable economy because it just doesn't make sense?!? Cmon guys let's do it properly if your gonna stop people on basis of mining stop them on other proper grounds as well - because you really don't need that much Uranium to make a weapon, honestly.

• The way it is now is fine, there is no need to bring in other NS requirements. Currently we are moving away from using too many NS states, at least that is the backdoor conversation right now from what I gather. If you really want to get technical, getting the nuclear technology cost implies that you paid for training of scientists to some degree to develop the tech. Equipment is also paid for through the ICBM silos and buying the tech as well. I mean...if North Korea can develop Nukes or Pakistan...then it's fairly easy enough. What your proposing would make an already complicated system (For new people and still many veterans) even more complicated.

Also you are forgetting IC factors like the Duxburian Union and halsberg bombing your nation if they found you were trying to illegally make nukes.

• This post is deleted!

• On the subject, I've never quite understood how a nation was to get nukes in the first place. I am anti-nuclear proliferation, but I can't seem to find any references to the roleplay production of nuclear weapons.

• For the main part of states trying to get them illegally (Like Davishire and Inimicus were working on for a bit) most states beyond ENAA approval just RP them being added during their war list updates; similar to how you can just put a sentence saying there was a 500,000 person expansion and that counts for the RP of the increase. My honest opinion is that we have an OOC rule dictating that you have to Roleplay the creation of the weapons for about 8 weeks of good high quality posts.

• Mod

The problem with an educational req is the detachment of quality from price. Throwing more funds at an education system does not guarantee better education, and you could always just outsource your nuclear scientists and technicians. The mining req can be bypassed if you acquire the raw materials or finished weapons from another country.

Like other items on the war list, nukes currently can be brought into existence in one post. Sustained RP would only work if players know how they are actually created, at least enough to post about that. We try not to make the RP too complicated, as that discourages new players from participating.

• @Duxburian-Union said:

The problem with an educational req is the detachment of quality from price. Throwing more funds at an education system does not guarantee better education, and you could always just outsource your nuclear scientists and technicians. The mining req can be bypassed if you acquire the raw materials or finished weapons from another country.

Like other items on the war list, nukes currently can be brought into existence in one post. Sustained RP would only work if players know how they are actually created, at least enough to post about that. We try not to make the RP too complicated, as that discourages new players from participating.

Well there is the 'smartest citizens' which ensures quality.

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.