Motion for Impeachment

• Fellow Councillors,

In order to keep an active and up-to-date European Commission, it is the duty of the Council to impeach any Commissioner who displays inactivity, ignorancy or misconduct. This is one of those occasions. Commissioners Gordon Brown and Commissioner Gorthuar have been the only ones inactive and accomplished little in the Commission and failed to do their duties, specifically Gorthurar for only obtaining a Commission seat to 'show his people he means real reform'

I propose that the following motion be passed,

The Council, recognizing the unacceptable inactivity and failure to do duties of the Commissioners, and having noticed the Commissioners misusing the trust the European people have placed in them, hereby condemn and remove Commissioners Gorthuar and Gordon Brown from office.

Councillor Paul Willemburg

• Pacifist Cowards votes FOR the motion.

• Commission

It is regretful, but on behalf of His Majesties Government, I vote FOR this motion

• Now now Councillors, while I may understand sentiments to get voting under way so quickly. The commissioners deserve to have a proper debate timeline before we start voting on any such measures. Putting aside the fact we are due for elections fairly soon making it pointless to put forward any such impeachment. Also, Commissioner Beech should also be put in that list, as they haven't been quite active themselves.

• Commission

Are the elections not due until early March? I feel that is plenty of time. Can the speaker please confirm the necessary timescales

Like all proposals brought to Council floor, everything has to be debated. In the past, all Commission impeachments have featured debates where the Commissioners in question could defend themselves.

To answer Councillor Heaven, Commission elections are due March 9th. We're just over half way through the current term.

I am most likely going to vote against this impeachment, mostly because I don't think it would fully resolve the current Commission rut. Impeaching Commissioners Brown and Gorthuar would be a half remedy, as I think Commissioner Beech is definitely deserving of facing similar consequences. At least with Commissioners Brown and Gorthuar they haven't totally eroded their offices. It seems like Commissioner Beech was quite happy to destroy her own office, and then when facing impeachment herself, has decided to completely disappear and not be heard of since. If this motion is amended to include Commissioner Beech, then I might be persuaded.

I would argue, though however, that getting rid of 2, or maybe even 3 Commissioners, would really mean that we need new elections entirely. And with europarty reform on the near horizon, it might be worth calling an election as we organize and create, and then test the various caucuses.

Regardless of any the decisions that we make here, I would like to thank Premier Eilidh Whiteford for continuing to show resolve and activity despite the complacency of her colleagues. Premier Whiteford has shown herself to be engaging and responsive, and has allowed for Europarty reform while holding discussions on other reform as well. I thank you.

• Mass Effect RP

"There shall indeed be a debate. The normal 48-48-72 rule will apply, starting from now to make sure there's a fair chance."

Debate ends at 11:05 GMT, 22/01/16

Voting on any amendments ends at 11:05 GMT, 24/01/16

Final voting ends at 11:05 GMT, 27/01/16

• In light of Commissioner Brown's resignation, his name should be struck from the motion to impeach.

Wesley Greene
    Intern of the Duxburian Union

I hereby propose the following amendment:

The Council, recognizing the unacceptable inactivity of the Commissioners, and having noticed the Commissioners misusing the trust the European people have placed in them, hereby condemn and remove Commissioners Gorthuar and Suzannah Beech from office.

• Is the voting period active?

• Mass Effect RP

((OOC: Balls, my bad. Also, I notice that South Africa has edited his original post, hence making Inquista's amendment redundant. This is a big no-no, as it means Inquista's entire post in response to the original motion makes no sense. I've edited it back to what it originally was, impeaching Gordon Brown and Gorthuar. Please, and this goes for everyone, take care not to edit original posts in this way.))

Voting on amendments shall now begin. It shall end at 11:05 26/01/16, when final voting on the motion shall then begin.

There is one amendment to be voted on, Councillor Firoux's:

The Council, recognizing the unacceptable inactivity of the Commissioners, and having noticed the Commissioners misusing the trust the European people have placed in them, hereby condemn and remove Commissioners Gorthuar and Suzannah Beech from office.

I vote FOR my own amendment.

• I vote FOR Councillor Firoux's amendment

((I changed it because Gordon Brown resigned))

• Fremet votes FOR Inquista's amendment.

• Using the force as my guide, I, Darth Khan, on behalf of the Second Serene Republic of Aalen vote FOR the amendment.

• ECoJ

I, Councillor Tournay, upon the power vested in me through HM King Edmund the First do hereby vote in favour of the proposed amendment on behalf of Poretos, the 2nd Constitutional Monarchy thereof.

• Commission

On behalf of the United Kingdom of Davishire and Bucks I vote FOR the proposed amendment.

• ECoJ

"In the name of His Imperial Majesty Emperor Artabanos of Inimicus, I do vote FOR the proposed amendment."

Ralph Jaevons

• Mass Effect RP

Voting on amendments has now closed, with Councillor Firoux's amendment passing unanimously amongst the voting Councillors, with 7 votes in favour. The final text of the motion is below:

Voting on the final motion begins now, and ends at 11:05 GMT 29/01/16

• "On Behalf of the Union of South Africa, I vote FOR this impeachment"

Councillor Paul Willemburg

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.