Amendment to the Constitution

I hereby propose the following amendments to our Constitution:

Amendment

That Article II, Section III (II) be changed to:

II. Councillors then debate the proposal for 48 hours. During this period, unless the proposal is a repeal or impeachment, amendments may be proposed by any Councillor. Amendments proposed during this period shall be voted upon once the debating period has concluded, and it shall last for for 48 hours to determine if the amendments shall be made. Amendments require a simple majority of 55% to pass.

Edit:

Debate begins now and will end on January 25 at 22:10 GMT.

Amendment voting will then begin and conclude on January 27 at 22:10 GMT.

Final voting will then begin and conclude on January 30 at 22:10 GMT.

• ECoJ

"Could the councillor put forward what it will be replacing to allow for comparison?"

"Here, for comparison."

II. Councillors then debate the proposal for 96 hours. During this period, unless the proposal is a repeal or impeachment, amendments may be proposed by any Councillor, to be adopted at the discretion of the presenter of the proposal.

• ECoJ

"Thank you very much and I agree with the retiming it definitely would speed the old girl up, however I'm unsure why a simple majority if 55% and not 50%? I agree with it's addition for clarity not necessarily the numerical value"

"Simple majority has always been 55%. I'm just specifying it."

• "Historically, the 55% rule has been used to avoid Tyranny by Majority, and Tyranny by Minority. It has served its purpose well, and a few acts have indeed failed to obtain a majority using the 55% rule, those acts being particularly controversial. "

On behalf of the Microstate of Inquista, I vote FOR this constituonal amendment.

• On behalf of the 9 Dominions of Icholasen, I vote FOR this Constitutional Amendment.

• Under the authority given to me by the Fremetian Government, I vote FOR this amendment.

• On behalf of the Apostolic Kingdom of Angleter, I, Gisela Stuart, vote FOR this Constitutional Amendment.

• Mass Effect RP

I, John Walters, on behalf of the Twelve Commonwealths of Halsberg, vote FOR the constitutional amendment.

• I, Jacqui Lambie, on behalf of the Commonwealth of Australia, votes FOR this amendment.

• Mass Effect RP

"With six votes in favour, zero opposed and zero abstentions, this amendment to the Constitution has gained the required majority and is passed.

Speaker John Walters

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.