The Suez Cartel
The Suez Cartel is an international crime syndicate based in Laatzen, DU. The cartel was formed in 785 (1981) as an alliance of drug smuggling organizations in the Gulf of Suez.
The Duxburian Union is represented in the Suez Cartel by the Suez Branch. This is one of the cartel's founding organizations and currently led by the Wasserman family. The branch does an estimated K:3.8 billion in annual business, specializing in drug smuggling, sex trafficking, computer hacking, gambling, graft, and money laundering. Some of its core business is perfectly legal within the borders of the Duxburian Union, giving it advantages over rivals. It is currently at war with the Chirez Cartel over Suez Canal fees, and with the Varian Cartel over port access in Norimere and Westeria.
Suez High Council:
0. Boss of Bosses: Leader of the entire cartel. Currently unfilled. The position has a history of becoming available shortly after being filled. The most powerful branch boss is typically the symbolic leader of the cartel by default.
1. Boss: Leader of a national branch of the cartel. Currently, the highest rank in the organization. Each branch boss has 1 vote in the High Council. Heavily abstracted from the branch's day-to-day business, does not directly touch anything remotely illegal.
2. Underboss: Designated successor to the Boss and groomed for eventual leadership of a branch. Often a family member or trusted advisor. Has lots of power, but also lots of rivals.
3. Consigliere: The top advisor to the boss. Usually a person of great trust and experience in running the branch. Able to, and even expected to, question and criticize decisions and strategy made by the Boss. Often votes the Boss' interests in the High Council.
4. Treasurer: Manager of the branch's finances, a vital person, well-insulated from law enforcement and other external threats. Does not get involved in internal politics, one of the most secure positions in the branch.
5. Lord Enforcer: The top enforcer, responsible for managing all external hits, internal discipline, and other uses of hard power that may be necessary. This person is the judge, jury, and executioner.
6. Captain: The leader of a geographic territory that the branch controls. Manages day-to-day operations of the branch within this territory. Often groomed for future leadership, or involved in plots to take future leadership.
7. Lieutenant: Responsible for smaller units in a territory. Usually fall guys for when a Captain or higher rank gets into legal trouble.
8. Dealer/Broker: Middlemen who make deals, organize local logistics, and buy/sell/trade product.
9. Soldier: The grunts of the branch, carrying out its work on the streets. The most likely group to get arrested or killed.
10. Associate: Non-members of the branch who conduct business with/for it. Usually have limited or no power within the branch, but also have limited or no legal liability for its activities.
Members of the Suez Cartel:
Nation: Duxburian Union
Headquarters: Laatzen City
Territories: Gold Coast, Blackstone, Alveria, Kaumbrennia
Annual Revenue: K:3.8 billion
Specialties: Drug smuggling, sex trafficking, computer hacking, gambling, graft, money laundering
Nickname: Top Kael
Real Name: Kyle Wasserman am Suez
Nickname: Kid Shmurdah
Real Name: Sean Wasserman am Suez
Nickname: Grandpa Death
Real Name: Anthony Wasserman am Suez
Nickname: Pretty Boy
Real Name: Robert Kligenberg am Aurimere
Rank: Treasurer, Captain (Gold Coast Territory)
Nickname: Hammerhead Jed
Real Name: Jed Lenner am Krigo
Rank: Lord Enforcer
Nickname: Slick Nick
Real Name: Nick Swift am Neroston
Rank: Captain (Blackstone Territory)
Nickname: Big Mac
Real Name: Mackenzie Black am Alveria
Rank: Captain (Alveria Territory)
Nickname: Shit For Brains
Real Name: Stefan Maywood am Kaumbrennia
Rank: Captain (Kaumbrennia Territory)
Joining the Suez Cartel:
If your organization wishes to join, please provide the following information:
Branch: (1 per player)
Leadership: (At least the top 5 people, their nicknames, real names, and rank)
You can change the rank names as long as the overall structure is the same. The Suez Cartel plans to meet in the upcoming weeks to discuss…business.