Council Speaker Election, July 2016

• Admin

Time to elect a new Speaker! The term lasts for 18 months, and the role involves keeping Council records, keeping order in the Council and making sure its procedures run smoothly, and doing rewording/spelling-'n'-grammar correction amendments for bills. Any Councillor can run.

NOMINATIONS started YESTERDAY and end at 21:57 GMT, July 13th, 2016.
    VOTING starts then and ends at 21:57 GMT, July 20th, 2016.

Enter thus:

Candidate Name:
    Councillor for:
    Incumbent? Y/N

Experience:

This post has been edited by Angleter on July 6th, 2013 - 17:01

• Candidate Name: John Oliver

Councillor for: Aalen
    Incumbent? N

Experience:

• Councillor For Aalen-2016
    • Deputy Councillor for Aalen-2016
    • Dean of the College of Watchmen-2011 to 2014
    • Watchmen for the Ward of the Shallow Hills- 2008 to 2014
    • M.A for Political Philosophy with a concentration in European Regional Politics from the University of Aachen
    • B.A for Political Science with a concentration in Early Aalenic Politics from the University of Johanberg

• Admin

Candidate Name: Iain Duncan Smith

Councillor for: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
    Incumbent? Y

Experience: Leader of the Conservative Party 2001-2003

Adviser to the Australian House of Representatives on Parliamentary Procedure 1999-2004

Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom 1992-2015

• Candidate Name: Marie Therese Charlaix
    Councillor for: Democratic Republic of Sitanova
    Incumbent? N

Experience:

Member of th National Parliament 1998-2000

Leader of the Majority in Parliament 2000-2004

Vice Prime Minister of Sitanova 2004-2006

Adviser of the Sitanovan National Parliament for economical and Foreing Matters 2006-2009

First Minister of Marie Therese Province 2009-2012, 2012-2015

Leader of the New National Party 2016-

European Councillor of Sitanova 2016-

• Admin

I, Gisela Stuart, on behalf of the Apostolic Kingdom of Angleter, cast my vote for Iain Duncan Smith of the United Kingdom.

• Admin

I, Eloise Murray, on behalf of the Constitutional Monarch of Miraco, cast my vote for Iain Duncan Smith of the United Kingdom.

• I, John Oliver, on behalf of the Second Serene Republic of Aalen, cast my vote for John Oliver.

• Admin

I, Wesley Greene, on behalf of the Duxburian Union, vote for Iain Duncan Smith of the United Kingdom.

Wesley Greene
    Intern of the Duxburian Union

• I, Charles Michel, on behalf of the Kingdom of Fremet, hereby cast my vote for John Oliver.

• group:cid:2:privileges:mods:members

Os Corelia votes for John OLIVER

• Admin

I cast my vote for John Oliver.

Edward Firoux

Councillor of Inquista

• In the Name of His Imperial Majesty Emperor Artabanos, I, Alexander Strathclyde, cast my vote for JOHN OLIVER.

• On Behalf of the Government of the United Kingdom of Davishire and Buckinghamshire I cast my vote for John Oliver.

• Admin

The United Kingdom votes for Iain Duncan Smith.

• I, Poppy Carlton-Romanov, on behalf of the Nine Dominions of Icholasen, vote FOR Iain Duncan Smith of the United Kingdom

• Rosebourg casts its vote for the right honourable John Oliver.

• "Due to the awful conduct of John Oliver during the EuroVoice results show yesterday evening, His Imperial Majesty Emperor Artabanos has delegated me to express His extreme discomfort with Mr Oliver possibly obtaining the Speakership. Before last night's horrific events, the Council was unaware of how unrestrained Mr Oliver acts under pressing circumstances and how un-political his conduct was. Votes are permanent, and I realise many of us made a huge mistake by voting for Mr Oliver in this election - including myself. However, the Inimician Delegation will consider a motion of impeachment should Mr Oliver continue his terrible behaviour, which is unworthy of any European Councillor."

Alexander Strathclyde

• Admin

With at least one Councillor suggesting that they may have voted differently had they known more about the candidates when they voted, may I suggest that, just as Commission candidates are required to debate before voting takes place, candidates for the Speakership, the ECoJ, and other positions of such dignity should be subject to hearings in the Council before voting takes place? If there's enough support for this idea, I'll draw up the necessary Constitutional Amendments.

• I wholeheartedly support the Angleteric Councillor's words. Council hearings for Speaker and Justice candidates are a great idea, which the Empire of Inimicus will defend and support.

Alexander Strathcylde

• As another councillor who would withdraw my vote for the Aalenic councillor for the position of speaker after the EV debacle I can say that this proposal would be fully supported by Davishire.

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.