Lessening the Power and Will of Terrorists Act

• EU

Sanar walks up to speak in front of the Council.

My heart, prayers and deepest condolences are with the victims of the terrorist attack and their loved ones.

There is nothing I or anyone can do to take away the pain our people are feeling or to make this better.

The only thing we can do now is choose how we let this affect us and how we live our lives from here on out. I have been thinking of the people of Omnibus non stop today. The way that they have handled all of this has been more inspiring and made me more proud than you’ll ever know.

The compassion, kindness, love, strength and oneness that they’ve shown one another is the exact opposite of the heinous intentions it must take to pull off something as evil as what happened Tuesday. We will never be able to understand why events like this take place because it is not in our nature, which is why we shouldn’t recoil.

We must only allow guns to civilians if they are hunting weapons, other than that citizens of the European Union should not have weapons that would be able to injure people, leaving the decision up to the individual country if they would like their police officers to have guns or not.

We must use prisons not as a longer time out for adults but to help recreate the convicts of the European Union to manage their mental problems instead of acting out by killing or hurting others and help them build life skills while in prison so that they will be contributing members of society once their sentence is up.

We must work toward forgiveness for the offences from our own experience in Omnibus when someone says to a convict that they are forgiven it ruins the image that they want to try and keep of never being able to be anything but a convict and this opens the doors for doctors and teachers to work with the convicts to help them, this is what they truly need not time in prison with other convicts that will only create them into worse people.

We must move away from countries that have repressive countries, we need to treat our citizens with more respect than these repressive regimes do. Instead we should support governments that are non-violent and governments that are this way should get some kind of benefit that the Council can discuss. We need to get out of wars and instead solve the problems of disagreements through sitting down and talking through the problems instead of moving towards the military every time.

Finally, We must spend the money that we are not spending on these wars into bettering our citizens of the European Union through putting the money into education, healthcare and bringing people out of the cycle of poverty.

Our response to this violence must be to come closer together, to help each other and our citizens, to love more, to live more kindly and generously than we did before.

I’ll be returning to the incredibly brave country of Omnibus to spend time with the families of the people that are injured and have passed and to have a charity event in honor of and to raise money for the victims and their families. Thank you for support from all of the countries we appreciate you as much as any of our citizens and want to spread famoris, family love to all of our allies in this difficult time.

We MUST act on this while the emotions of the terrorist attack are still in the air of all of us, I encourage you to vote for the legislation because it will improve the safety of everyone in the European Union.

• Granger walks up with a melancholic tone in front of the Council

Our hopes and prayers are with our brother nation of Omnibus.

Councillors... These are dark times, there is no denying. Our Europe has perhaps faced no greater threat than it does today, terrorism and the uprising of nationalism. But I say this to our brothers and sisters from all over Europe: We as Councillors, ever your servants, will continue to defend your liberty and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! Our Europe remains, strong. 

Going to war creates a legacy of bitterness and problems, let us be a force for change in the world, a force for humanity in the world, a force for peace in the world, and a force that recognizes we can not go on like this, with grotesque levels of global inequality, grotesque threats to our environment all around the world, without the rich and powerful governments stepping up to the plate to make sure our world becomes safer and better -- and those people don't end up in poverty, in refugee camps, wasting their lives away. We call for all European nations to follow and vote this legislation, which is the beginning of a new Europe. We declare our country as a Neutral State and our capital city Montague as the capital for peace, which can be the place were we all sign this act.  

Our Kingdom votes in FAVOR of this legislation, and call for the signing in our beloved capital of Montague.

Lady Emma Granger , 2th Baroness of Montague

His Majesty Councillor for the Kingdom of Montenbourg 

• Mod

Might I ask the Lady Granger to tell me where exactly is there legislation proposed in the statement given by the Councillor from Omnibus? This was a statement requesting action, not proposed legislation. Even if it were legislation, the motion to adopt the legislation has not been seconded. Therefore, the Lady's vote is invalid. I do sympathize as do all of us with the people of Omnibus, but procedure must be followed accurately and correctly.

Furthermore, all legislation signing is done at the discretion of the Premier Commission, and will be done in Europolis. 

Sir Edward Mountain, 4th Baronet of Oare Manor and Brendon

Councillor for the United Kingdom of Great Britain

Speaker of the European Council

• Sir. Speaker, I quote:

Allow guns to civilians if they are hunting weapons,
    Permits the leaving of the decision of police and armed forces gun ownership to states.
    Demand the use of prisons as recreation spaces as this persons suffer from mental problems building life skills while in prison so that they will be contributing members of society once their sentence is up.
    Prohibits death penalty in member states. 
    Our Union will support governments that are non-violent. 

I understand that this needs to be polished but this is the spirit of the legislation Sir Speaker, in that sense we voted in favor. We call this council secretary to write on as an act this legislation. We have called that this legislation be signed in Montague as a sign of our country recent declaration as an neutral country.

Lady Emma Granger, 2th Baroness of Montague

His Majesty Councillor for the Kingdom of Montenbourg 

• Mod

I am bound to the procedure of this Council, and as such, this is not proposed legislation. The honourable Councillor would do well to come back with drafted legislation rather than snippets of Council records. Then, once the motion is seconded, it will be debated and put to the proper timetable and scrutiny and then to a vote. Until then, this is not a vote nor a proposed piece of legislation. As to Montenbourg's recent declaration as a neutral country, I ask the Lady to have put a separate motion calling for the recognition of Montenbourg as a neutral nation which will also be put through the constitutionally outlined procedures. Until such, neither is true. 

The vote cast by the Lady Granger, Councillor from the Kingdom of Montenbourg is not valid and is not recognised by the chair.

As I have said as well, the matter for signing is with the Premier Commissioner, and you should petition her for that. Procedure dictates legislation is signed in Europolis in the Office of the Premier Commissioner. I will not be addressing this a second time, and must ask that the Councillor follow correct proceedings.

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.