Luz de Libertados and St. Esther - Daily News LLBC/LLRC

• The daily news from the Luz de Libertados Broadcasting Corporation (Luz de Libertados Radiofusion Corporacion), Luz de Libertados' main broadcasting corporation.

• 14th March 2018 - 16:56

After Rhaegar Vladimir's controversial choice to close the border, many people in Omnibus have expressed their feelings on the subject, and the law has received mixed views. In a speech on this choice, Suhanna Rhamiosa, President of Luz de Libertados, said that,  

"It's a Presidents job to protect the people, whether they come from Omnibus or not. And closing the border isn't protecting the people. Keeping out asylum seekers isn't protecting anyone." 

The crowd cheers loudly

"These people are coming into your country for support. For help. They, as it is, are being discriminated against enough already. And what purpose does it do for you? To 'cleanse' the nation? You have to embrace them; help them. And you may not like it, but they will thank you. They will repay you some way or another. Even if it is just respect."

The crowd goes wild

She also expressed her respect for Liddy Hopper, leader of the UCP, saying that, 'she's an inspiration for women everywhere' and fully supports her actions. Suhanna added that she would love to meet her and work with her in the future. However, Suhanna isn't the only one to support her. In a recent poll, over 95% of people in Luz de Libertados disagree with the Vladimir's decision, and even more support Liddy Hopper. 

Luz de Libertados to Host European Speed Skating Tournament

The Luz de Libertados International Sports Commitee has recently campaigned to host a European Speed Skating Tournament within the canals in Ciuluz (St. George), which freeze over during the Winter. Many citizens of the city skate on the frozen ice every year already and has been deemed safe since the first canal was finished. The LLISC plans to hold the tournament in December. 

Other Headlines include:

• Suhanna Rhamiosa late for Parliament after Hospital Visit goes Overtime
    • Anticipation for Libertados' first Eurovoice
    • Robber Repays for Broken Window and Returns Stolen Goods
    • Steven Hawking Exhibition planned for Easter 2018

• 16th March 2018 - 20:24

Despite being polar opposites, Suhanna Rhamiosa is set to visit the Nation of Omnibus and meet Rhaegar Vladimir, in order to strengthen relationships between the two countries. She hopes to also meet Liddy Hopper, leader of the UCP, and strengthen economic ties between the two countries. However, many citizens worry about the President's safety, due to the recent outbreak of riots and also the recent 'assassination' of Lucas Finch. Suhanna has also been known to travel with very few bodyguards, paired with the fact Suhanna recently openly criticised Vladimir. However, Rhamiosa remains positive about the visit and believes that she can understand Vladimir's actions and become good allies.

Military or No Military?

After seeing the effects of other wars around the world, many people throughout Luz de Libertados started thinking about whether a military for Luz de Libertados is necessary. And, according to the latest referendum, the answer is no. The Foreign Minister stated that, "Throughout our history, we've been one of the most pacifistic country in the European Union. Why would we need one now? We fight for peace not war, and our job is to bring countries together."

For Military: 39%                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Against Military : 61%

Other Headlines include:

• Car Crash Injures 2
    • Health and Safety Minister Visits those Injured in Crash
    • Islanders Come Together for Beach 'Spring Clean'
    • Public Speech About the Remembrance of WWII draws Thousands

• 18th March 2018 - 21:58

After the recent outbreak in Omnibus, Luz de Libertados  has sent aid and doctors to help study the virus. The virus, which experts have named it "OBS-64" (however critics of Vladimir have named it the "Vladimir Flu", as a 'silent rebellion'), has already had thousands of people infected and counting. The death toll is ever increasing. The disease begins acting like a fever, with sneezing, high temperatures and coughing, for what doctors have said lasts for a day. The infected then start to lose vision, and eventually faint and die. Unfortunately, no cure has been found.

Many people throughout Omnibus have been quarantined in efforts to contain the disease, though the disease spreads extremely quickly. The Minister of Health and Safety, Michael Yttriah, has said, "I pray to all the families which have been affected by the outbreak, and those who have died. But praying won't do. We, as a society have to help those in need; those who are being neglected. We can't just quarantined the infected; neglect them."

However, it isn't all bad. Many Libertese charities have sprung up in order to help those in Omnibus; not to mention the hard work being put into the cure by Healthcare Services worldwide.

• 19th March 2018 - 11:53

In protest to the recent legislation passed by the Senate, a woman burned herself in front of Omnibus' Senate doors. Soon after, protesters threw rocks at the doors before writing, "Leave the Senate LCP." It was said that the protesters, six teens, were captured by the police and, 'brutally beat up' the vandals. Footage of the incident was caught and posted and shared across several social media pages, gathering millions of views.

As a result of the recent handling of rebels in Omnibus, Omnibus' police force and Rhaegar Vladimir have taken serious backlash for their actions. Thousands upon thousands of Ominbus citizens took to the streets across Omnibus, in protest. It is said that 4 protesters have been shot in order to control the situation, but the police eventually had to retreat. Rhamiosa said in a speech, "My thoughts and prayers to those affected, harmed, oppressed by your leaders, who you thought you could trust. Those brutally beaten up by police; those neglected in quarantine. A leader, as I have stated before, protects the people.

Cheers all round

"And I stand by those who fight back; those who would risk your life, to bring light where there is darkness."

Even more cheering

"But to blame it on immigrants? Minorities? Vladimir, oh, Vladimir. Omnibus is MADE of immigrants. So, what now. Start deporting anyone who isn't pure Sitone?"

The crowd erupts with laughter

"I'll see you back in Ireland."

The laughter continues

Other Headlines include:

• Citizens of Omnibus Migrating to Luz de Libertados is at an All-Time High
    • Protest in Ciuluz over the Banning of Drugs
    • Ciuluz Canals Finally Unfreeze after Five Months

• 22nd March 2018 - New Stadium to be Built in Ciuluz

See the source image

Inside of the "Globe de Luz" Stadium

See the source image

The exterior of the planned stadium

Due to the complete lack of a mainstream stadium in Luz de Libertados since the destruction of the Luz de Libertados Stadium, many football fans, (and Luz de Libertados' main international team) have a requested a stadium to be built in the heart of Ciuluz. The stadium, known as the "Globe de Luz" will serve multiple functions; for the international team to train, to hold national and international matches and they will build a roof so the Stadium can double up as a music venue. Construction will start Easter 2018 and completion is predicted for December 2018, ready for Luz de Libertados' annual music festival.

See the source image

The original Luz de Libertados Stadium

Other Headlines:

• Rally to Ban the Burka is met with Food Fight
    • Thousands Gather to see the Destruction of Luz de Libertados Stadium
    • Dog found after Missing for 17 Days
    • Famous Ice Cream Company falls into Debt after Running for 189 Years
    • Car Crash kills Child of 8

• 27th March 2018 - 18:42

After much debate, The Democratic Republic Luz de Libertados has officially changed it's name to 'The Democratic Republic of Luz de Libertados and St. Esther', to celebrate the islands original name, and to celebrate their history. When Luz de Libertados colonised by Spain over 400 years ago, the island was named 'Solitariadad' a shortened version of 'Lone Society' in Spanish. After over 200 years owned by Spain, the islanders revolted and gained their independence in 1937, when Spain went through financial difficulties. They named themselves "The Democratic Republic of Luz de Libertados", or 'Light of the Free' in English, and that name has stuck with them until today.

Other Headlines include:

• Success in Icholasen
    • New Name Annoys Spanish Prime Minister
    • Annual Volcano Eruption Erupts Late... Global Warming?
    • New Rise in Searches for... People Selling Mirrors 

• 29th March 2018 - 21:32

Thousands of Libertese tuned into the one and only Eurovoice, a European song competition.

After an exciting night of songs from all around Europe, many were surprised, but nevertheless extremely excited, to have come 4/10. Luz de Libertados and St Esther was represented by La 5a Estacion, with the song Recuerdame, a hit single throughout Libertados, managed to gain 61 points to come fourth, a strong position for our first a attempt.

Later, Natalia Jiménez, lead singer of La 5a Estacion, said in an interview, "I'm simply astounded! I'm so proud to bring fourth for my nation; my home! We worked so hard towards this song, the performance; and everything in between. Seems like our hard work has paid off! I'm so thankful for all our fans who voted for us in the show and I love every single one of you! And especially to hear that we got twelve points; I was gaping with my mouth wide open I was that shocked! Thank you so much Duxbarian Union for the 12 points!"

"The whole show was an amazing experience! If I had the choice, I would do it all again! And meeting all the artists from all the other nations; learning about their cultures, their life and personalities!"

The show has now become extremely popular throughout Luz de Libertados and St Esther, gaining over 3 million google searches in 1 month, (bearing in mind the island has less than 75,000 people) and a sudden surge in singing classes. Not only has it influenced many islanders, many people are desperately asking to participate a second time and to host a national final. Fortunately for them, the LLBC/LLRC have recently confirmed a national final (Hear your Roar).

• The official page of the Luz de Libertados and St Esther media and news outlets.

(I didn't know this is existed so that's why it was on politics and incidents.)

• Mod

((OOC: I merged them for you! Hopefully that helps you out a bit!)

• @the-united-kingdom ((OOC: Thank you!!))

• 10th April 2018 - 16:21

The Luz de Libertados and St Esther Eurovoice National Final is planned to be held at "The Royal Hall of King Philip", Ciuluz' biggest theatre built after Spain colonised the archipelago. It will contain 3 songs from 3 Libertese artists/groups. 2 songs have already been confirmed, these being, "Nina" by La 5a Estacion, who represented Luz de Libertados and St Esther in the 32nd Eurovoice. Another song is confirmed to be "Mama" by Il Divo, a opera group from countries all around Europe, two from the four members from Luz de Libertados. The show will be shown live on TV stations throughout Europe, including Montenbourg and Omnibus at LMT at April 16th 2018.

• 16th April 2018 - 17:41

LLLBC/LLRC - by Jonathon Estacia

Interview with Montenbourg's very own McCord has not only confused but rubbed many Libertese citizens up the wrong way.

During the interview she said that, "Everywhere that I go in Europe, people desperately look to Montenbourg rising leadership in all of the most difficult problems as our Refugee Protection Act. Whether in human rights, efforts at poverty alleviation, efforts at leading the fight against mental health and humanitarian aid as our Prime Minister has been doing, leading the effort for democracy for those who've been denied it, helping to support those who are seeking democracy. You can look at any region of Europe and the Kingdom of Montenbourg is still the country to which many countries look for leadership."

Luz de Libertados and St Esther's President, Suhanna Rhamiosa, responded with, "The fact that she can't even differentiate between my Foreign Minister and me, especially considering we are different genders and have different skin tones, really shows how ignorant she is. I really don't like arguing or causing an issue between people, and I just want to find the best in people, but McCord has really stepped too far in that she believes 'people look up to Montenbourg for leadership throughout Europe'. I do believe she is doing the right thing. I do believe what she is doing will create a better Europe. Yet she seems to believe that Montenbourg is some kind of 'perfect utopia' and the 'knight in shining armour' that will save Europe. It's almost as if she's looking down on the rest of Europe, especially those who don't have the same ideology as you. This is nothing against Montenbourg; in fact, it's one of my favourite places to visit in Europe. But McCord needs to realise that Montenbourg is smaller than she realises. It's not any better or advanced than any of us, nor should it be."

We also asked many Libertese people of the streets and the results and answers were similar.

A 36 year-old male said, who worked as a banker said, "McCord seems to think Montenbourg is a major power in Europe. Mainly because she won't stop yapping and forcing her beliefs onto Europe. She can't even get our President's gender right she's so far up Montenbourg's metaphorical a**!"

A 48 year-old woman, a model stated that, "She means well, but she keeps on stepping her foot into it. First with Angleter, now here."

This isn't the first time McCord has stirred controversy in Europe; it happened when she first became foreign minister of Montenbourg. During an interview with McCord, she said that some countries immigration policies were  “anti-Muslim”, “anti-LGBT”, and “racist”. She continued to say that these policies were “doing us enormous harm all over the world.” Angleteric politicians responded angrily soon after.

• Eurovoice: Luz de Libertados and St Esther's National Final! Or is it...

After a flood in the The Royal Hall of King Philip, Ciuluz' biggest theatre, Luz de Libertados and St Esther's National Final will have to be postponed to a later date. Preferably when the hall is safe. This is sad news for many islanders, but luckily a the most Libertese soap opera, By the Lake Side (Bi Sida Riviera) will run the whole season in place.

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.