Election Periods

• As the nation who previously held the position of Premier Commissioner, as well as the fact that Aesop Rocks has been the organiser, or at least instrumental, of the previous three elections, I am going to take it upon ourselves to begin the election process for the European Commission and the European Courts of Justice.

The only way to solve the problems of inactivity we are facing, is to counteract them head-on, attacking the roots of the problem which I am sure we can all agree is the lack of any Governing system in place at the moment as well as an ECoJ who shoulod not, by Constitutional law, still be serving as Justices. Therefore, I am proposing the following timeline for the Election Periods;

30th June - 6th July : Nomination Period
    7th July - 12th July : Debates, Polls Open
    13th July - 16th July : If neccessary, further voting to decide Premier Commissioner/Undecided Commission places
    17th July : European Commission and European Courts of Justice formally seated in respective bodies

I also suggest that, to minimise confusion, the ECoJ elections be held in a similar time-frame but occuring two days after the above timetable, e.g. 2nd - 9th July is nomination period, etc.

If any nation does not wish this to occur, speak now or forever hold your peace. Otherwise, this is going forward tomorrow (GMT).

A few reminders of the rules;

• If you have served two consecutive terms in either body, you, nor anyone from your nation, may stand for that same body again.

• Only a single nomination per nation

• No puppet voting: as Administrators, the Soviet Union, Belarum and I can find out if you are abusing a puppet and we will kick your ass if you do - you've been warned.

• Only nominations in the relevant threads will be accepted and only within the given time-frames

• Apparently, political parties can stand for election in the EC even though it is supposedly a 'supranational body' free from any group or bodies influence or interference.

Good luck to all candidates, I hope the elections may make a difference to our very quiet region.

• administrators

QUOTE (Aesop Rocks @ Jun 29 2008, 02:40 PM)

• No puppet voting: as Administrators, the Soviet Union, Belarum and I can find out if you are abusing a puppet and we will kick your ass if you do - you've been warned.

And this is an under-statement.

• lol - thank you SU, it is indeed biggrin.gif ......... ninja.gif angry.gif

• administrators

QUOTE (Aesop Rocks @ Jun 29 2008, 02:40 PM)

That's obvious.

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.