Special News Bulletin From The Duxburian Union

• "Greetings to all, I am Avoldran Dehn, Aelir of the Duxburian Union. I would like to take this time to announce a major change within my country. Due to the DU's exclusive use of the Hasilthecian Calendar, many business and postal transactions have encountered errors and complications. While the citizens of the DU have expressed an overwhelming desire not to switch to Gregorian, the legislature has drafted and passed a compromise bill that makes the Hasilthecian Calendar more closely related to the Gregorian.

Effective at 12:01 AM, common time, the following changes will become law and standard practice within the Duxburian dominions:

• The Hasilthecian Calendar will officially become the Hasilthecian Revised Calendar.

• Years will be designated as RE [Revised Era], replacing DUE [Duxburian Union Era].

• The New Year will align with the Gregorian New Year, or January 1st. The current year will be designated as 818R for the records and essentially be grandfathered into the next. Businesses are encouraged to consult their legal teams for guidance in operations for this quarter. Political terms will be extended, but will count as 818.

• The month structure will change. The current is 19 months of 19 days and 4 unassociated days. The new structure will be 11 months of 33 days and 2 unassociated days. Those two free days will occur as New Year's Day and Last Year's Day, corresponding to January 1st and December 31st on the Gregorian calendar.

• The names of the months will be as follows:

Ianrian
    Brurian
    M`rian
    Merian
    Gurian
    Golrian
    S`mbrian
    T`mbrian
    Tobrian
    Nobrian
    D`mbrian

• The week structure will remain in its 6 day format:

Mod'an
    Tud'an
    Uu`nd'an [pronounced "Wendian"]
    Fraid'an
    Sad'an
    Sud'an

• On Leap Year, an extra day will be added into Brurian, resulting in 34 days for that month.

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.