Trieran Situation

• administrators

I think it would be best if the three remaining powers entered Triera on the grounds of providing stability for a collapsed government, and not because of "zombies". A nation the size of Triera collapsing is a serious event IMO, and invading to prevent zombies from taking over the region seems to...goofy. It's fine as a side event (I made my outbreak small and manageable for a reason, as the USSR did I'm sure), but for it to set the course of the entire region with such magnitude makes us look somewhat childish. Just wanted to get this off my chest.

Perhaps further discussion is warranted on this issue, AR or SU, do you have any thoughts?

• administrators

Zombies? What Zombies? There is no Zombie in or near the Soviet Union! This is an invasion to help the Trieran people!

And indoctrinate them of course. tongue.gif

• administrators

I think it would be far greater for security purposes if we did not act as if the collapse of Triera were mere "land grabbing". For the sake of regional stability, we should pass a public resolution, divide the land with civility, and project the image of peaceful conflict resolution.

• administrators

Agreed. Though the USSR would love to find a petty excuse, a justifiable one is even better anyway.

Now, civility... ICly the USSR will of course assure its partners, but there will be some mishaps though nothing absurd. Basically what the Kremlin will do is, when it gets the green light, it will launch a significant military force (numbering in the hundreds of thousands, including the ones operating from home such as pilots and supply line workers) to occupy its portion.

No gunshots will be fired first, however, though there will be some skirmishes with hot-blooded Trieran citizens and police/army leftovers, just to be realistic.

• administrators

Sounds interesting. I think because of the Belarian-Trieran relationship (almost like US-Canada in RL terms), the movement of peacekeeping troops into the region will go a little more smoothly, nothing more than minor rioting due to the change of pace from total anarchy at this point. Perhaps we can have our diplomats meet in Triera City as a symbolic gesture of peaceful partition?

• administrators

Yup. We can divide it in 3 with our zones including the rail links to our sectors as well; Triera City is too important for just one of us to get. As with the map Grossdeutsches Reich posted, only there is no international sector outside Triera City; another alternative is to make the whole city an EU sector.

• administrators

...So, when are we pulling this off? In the name of the Trieran people of course. rolleyes.gif

• administrators

We're a bit bogged down in Neo-Venetia, but I'll post a BBC news story soon that'll get things moving. Perhaps we should revise our tact so as not to look like hipocrits, releasing an EUSC-approved resolution for the peaceful occupation of Triera until East and West governments can form.

• administrators

Well yes. For the time being, the Soviet Union is fixing its eye on Sindorin anyway; the recent mobilisations will escalate into a full-blown border row with possible overflights of military aircraft and various other probes to give Moscow a casus belli (or, hopefully, make Sindorin stand down.)

user posted image

This means that the bulk of land operations in Neo-Venetia are all yours, since you lack a neighbour to worry about. I'll be pinning Sindorin away from Neo-Venetia in the meanwhile.

• administrators

Any progress with this?

• administrators

OOC: If Alikhstan is still active, we can say that current Trieran deployments in that country have exacerbated the domestic political scene in Triera. The object that Alikhstan has been RPing is a suitcase nuke, and if one went off in Triera causing a collapse of the government it could give us a good pretext for intervention.

We could make the arguement that we have to secure our borders from mass migrations of fleeing Trierans, a fairly justifiable reason for sending massive amounts of troops into the country.

I'm going to publish a story soon discussing the embattled nature of the Trieran government soon, just give me a week or two.

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.