The Great EU Recruitment Conference 2009

• Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Great EU Recruitment Conference of 2009. You may know me- I'm Helen Smith, the Commissioner for Foreign Affairs. We have representatives from many nations, and we intend to meet the following aims by the end of this conference:

-To have decided on a certain emphasis or policy within our recruitment system.
    -To have a standardized recruitment message for RMBs and telegrams.
    -To have a standardized recruitment timetable for the recruiter nations.
    -To have a reasonable number of pledged recruiter nations who will convey our message across the world.

I would like to begin the agenda by deciding on a recruitment message for RMBs. This is the Belarian proposal that we have been using for the most recent days leading up to this conference:

["b"]The [region]European Union[/region] is the most unique region in this world.["/b"]

Blending real-world flavor and political intrigue with the fun of Nationstates, the [region]European Union[/region] has a sterling reputation as one of the oldest and most respected regions in the world.
    It is a brotherhood of nations, all of varying political, economic, social, and cultural backgrounds, but all of whom have something in common: each nation is allowed to retain their own individuality as well as call themselves European.

The [region]European Union[/region] is a land where all nations stand as equals invested in the livelihood of one another. So join us?because the [region]European Union[/region] is the place to be!

[OOC] The quotation marks around the 'b' are to avoid BBCode. [/OOC]

Are their any objections to us ratifying this message- or any ways in which we could improve or develop it. Euro signs are out of the question, one Pacific region has already complained about them.

• administrators

The Pacific has strong rules against the use of messages over eight lines. The North Pacific has rules against the use of messages over ten lines. We should keep these rules in mind when shaping our recruitment messages.

What dimensions of the region should we show off when recruiting for our region? Should we mention our news system, war system, behind the scenes subforum, etc? Or should we keep the message broad, as it is now?

And what about tailoring messages to specific regions? The Pacifics should appeal to new players, while we may have better luck crafting a message for more experienced nations in Lazarus and the Rejected Realms. Perhaps a line about a fresh start for Lazarus and Rejected Realms.

Should we stagger our messages? So that every day at a certain time a recruitment message for the EU is posted in the Pacific, while two hours later another such message is posted in the West Pacific, and two hours later in the East Pacific, and so on? Maybe we should monitor NationStates use and see when the most nations are on at one time, then use that time for posting recruitment messages.

• I agree with the points made by Belarum.

The idea of a broad message would probably work well in the Pacifics. More detailed messages highlighting the EU's news, war system, etc. could be used in other regions which may have more experienced nations.

Will there be any difference in the wording of messages for RMBs and telegrams?

As for timing I could recruit at a point in the period of: ~13:30 and 22:00-04:00 GMT. (I am in GMT -6 without daylight savings time)

• I think that definitely we should keep it broad for Pacific regions, but we must mention the forum else these new nations might not become active members of the Union.

Also I believe that we should indeed make a different message for Lazarus and the Rejected Realms, mentioning the forum in greater detail- including the News Consortium, war system, etc.

I am also very interested in the idea of seeing when most nations are on- or most new nations join- within the day.

• Due to its recent success in bringing nations to the EU, I have decided that we are to use this message in recruitment for the Pacifics, and possibly Lazarus and the Rejected Realms.

[*b]The [region]European Union[/region] is unparalleled the world over.[*/b]

Blending real-world flavor and political intrigue with the fun of Nationstates, the [region]European Union[/region] has a sterling reputation as one of the oldest and most respected regions in the world.
    It is a brotherhood of nations, all of varying political, economic, social, and cultural backgrounds, but all of whom have something in common: each nation is allowed to retain their own individuality as well as call themselves European.

The [region]European Union[/region] is a land where all nations stand as equals invested in the livelihood of one another. So join us?[*b]because the [region]European Union[/region] is the place to be![*/b]

Remember to remove the asterisks.

Can we now move on to sorting out who will recruit and when?

• administrators

I've been recruiting pretty much everyday for the past two weeks or so. I'll keep doing it, but if I can't for some reason perhaps it would be good to have a backup recruiter.

• I could also work everyday, usually in the GMT evenings.

• As the recruitment policy we already have seems to be working well, I declare this conference over and ratify the RMB message above. I have also decided on the following roles for each nation:

Chief Recruiter: Belarum
    Backup Recruiters: Angleter, Brecon.

If there are any problems with this then please contact me. Any other prospective recruiters please sign up on the respective thread. Thank you.

• administrators

Before this conference closes, I'd like to make a recommendation.

Upon reviewing new information concerning the effectiveness of recruitment, I would like to recommend that the European Union increase the ranks of it's recruiters to specialize in one thing: private messages in the feeder regions.

It seems that by far the most effective way to recruit nations is to send them personalized telegrams. Not all nations look at the message board of their region, but every nation checks their own telegrams. Sending them personalized messages would most certainly be more effective, although it would most certainly be more time consuming. Which is why we need more recruiters.

If we can designate two recruiters for every feeder region to send twenty personalized telegrams every day with even a 5% success rate, then we could add 14 new nations to our region every day. I think it is most certainly something that we should consider.

• In that case I would be delighted to take any potential recruitment messages for telegrams, and also if any nations would like to be telegrammers then please sign up on the thread and specify.

Angleter would be a potential telegrammer nation.

• administrators

With a slight tweeking of our RMB message, we can create a telegram message:

Greetings (nation name),

I'd like to let you know about a region you may be interested in...[*b]the [region]European Union[/region][*/b]

The [region]European Union[/region] is a land where all nations stand as equals invested in the livelihood of one another. So join us?[*b]because the [region]European Union[/region] is the place to be![*/b]

• Ratified. Let us all have a toast to a new, prosperous Union!

• EUROB?MP so I can access this easily.

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.