Effectiveness of European Council Poll

• group:cid:2:privileges:mods:members

Dear Esteemed Councilmen, Councilwomen and Comissioners,

I have been Asked by the Rt Hon Christianne Vooleck to poll nations opinions on the political system that is the European Council and the European Comission.

We would like to know how you feel about the current system, should it change or not?

Do you have any ideas of how to improve it?

What do you like about the current system?

We want to hear what YOU think about it. This is NOT a forum of debate but merely collecting opinions so please do not attack anyone's presented views on this matter.

I myself will not be stating my opinions or inflicting bias on this survey in the interested of keeping this srtudy bias-free.

Thank you for taking part in this study

Rt Hon Maleeka Liszckoszi
    Comissioner of Internal Affairs

• I, as Councillor for Angleter and Council Speaker, believe that the current one Councillor per nation system is fine, and that appointing more Councillors would be a waste of money and would slow proceedings down. For political reform, I would have the Councillor for each nation directly elected annually on a set date. I would also investigate the possibility of weighting a nation's vote in relation to population, however there may well be qualms with this.

I am not happy, however, with the amount of legislation brought before the Council. It is my opinion that the Council should see regulation before it far more regularly than as now, with Councillors as well as the Commission being far more forthcoming with legislation. I would consider also extending the debate, amendments and voting stages to maximise turnout and bring about more in-depth deliberation.

As Council Speaker I look forward to helping in establishing any moves for reform of the Council.

Now the ocmission is legally formed this same survey is now back for your contributions as Premier COmissioner Vooleck would like us to find ourt your opinions!
    Comissioner Liszckoszi
    Comissioner fo Internal Affairs

• See above.

Thank for your contribution Councillor Keith your response has been duely noted

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.