Expansion Possibilities

• Admin

I've come up with a few ideas on how our region could expand.

1. Create a new vassal region: 'European Union Overseas Territories' is the working name. Basically EUOT is for non-European nations that are (in RP) European colonies, former European colonies with close ties to their former masters, or states of European settlers. It is effectively another arm of the EU, under EU control and part of the EU forum political system, but opens us up to nations who aren't geographically European and wouldn't normally join.

2. Closer links with other European regions: This involves us reaching out to smaller regions with a European theme but very little activity. If they have no political system or offsite forum of their own, they'd be invited to use ours. And if they're in trouble with invaders, we could help defend them. If all goes well we could see the EU political system encompassing several European-themed regions, of course with the EU itself as the largest region, the central region, and where the power rests (perhaps we could have a clause whereby the Premier Commissioner must be a member of the EU itself). We could even look towards integration of some regions well into the future.

3. More recruiters: self-explanatory. Whoever becomes the new Foreign Affairs Commissioner would be in charge of co-ordinating this, and I shall continue to serve as Chief Recruiter until that Commissioner specifies.

So what does everyone think? Most of these I just thought up, so there may be some flaws I haven't thought of, but these are only rough ideas at the moment. And if there are any other ideas, please float them in this thread.

• Admin

I like your proposal, and, above all, the first one. What would it consist in? A region with 'original' nations or puppets? And would they use our forums or have one of their own?

• Admin

They'd use our forums, and I'd hope it to be a mix of the two. We could put some of our (ex-)colonies in, but hopefully 'originals' and non-EU puppets would join, and they'd maybe add to our number of active nations. I'd recruit for it almost as much as for the EU itself, and I (or maybe USSR) could bring in a WA puppet to be delegate.

• Admin

I really like your idea, Angleter. I hope we can all make it in a successful way.

• Admin

I'd like to ask you another thing about your EUOT proposal. Would it have a different map or use the actual map but with some kind of an expansion with another continent?

• Admin

Ah. Haven't given much thought to a map. I just assumed nations could have their own borders and maybe a map would be created around that, if USSR doesn't mind doing it.

• Admin

Well, in fact, I've been working on an expansion of the map. The territories that appear on the actual map would be that of EU members, while the others would be those of EUOT members.

My Map Proposal

• Nice map. However, new territories are too large, and there is a possibility that the EUOT members become more powerful countries than current EU members. smile.gif

• Admin

QUOTE (Miudea @ Aug 14 2010, 12:09 AM)

Nice map. However, new territories are too large, and there is a possibility that the EUOT members become more powerful countries than current EU members. smile.gif

Because of their huge landmass? I don't think so. There are countries in RL with huge territories, like Mongolia and Canada, that have few power, while countries with great power don't only have huge territories, but also a sizeable population and a powerful economy. However, I'll be doing a "smaller countries" version.

• Mod

I would just like to point out that fact that Mongolia isn't large...

But also, could A proper EU member own overseas territory? Countries like Spain and others might still have over seas territory?

• QUOTE (Inquista @ Aug 14 2010, 01:55 AM)

I would just like to point out that fact that Mongolia isn't large...

But also, could A proper EU member own overseas territory? Countries like Spain and others might still have over seas territory?

Spain doesn't have so many overseas territories. France has the most.

Not that I am not interested. Miudean position tells me I could get a piece of cake. biggrin.gif

• Admin

I'm from Spain and I can assure that Spain doesn't actually have any overseas territories. The most similar thing to an overseas territory Spain has is a set of a few small isles each the size of a football field located off the coast of Morocco.

• Admin

And Britain's consists of about 15 or so islands and coastal forts, most of whom are claimed by somebody else. However, we can pride ourselves on the fact that almost everyone in those territories loathes the idea of being taken over by their claimants.

• Mod

*Sigh* I knew this was going to happen. I was refering to --Spain--. The NS nation of Spain. If FA was still part of this, he most likely would have had colonies. I just picked the most Imperialistic NS nation I knew.

• Admin

French Albyon would not have colonies. He'd have wholly independent states which happen to have female tennis players for politicians and an extra y in the name.

• Admin

QUOTE (Angleter @ Aug 15 2010, 12:53 AM)

French Albyon would not have colonies. He'd have wholly independent states which happen to have female tennis players for politicians and an extra y in the name.

Hahahaha xD

• Mod

Yeah...that was weird. Lmao.

• Admin

The newer, "Smaller countries" proposal:

MAP

• Better. smile.gif

Well, it looks like Miudea is in the centre of the world. biggrin.gif

• Mod

This map makes it seem that the WHOLE world was under European rule. Scratch out the countries east to the EU (So basically take out Asian part). Then I will be happy.

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.