Expo Berlin 2011

• administrators

user posted image

Introduction

Ladies and gentlemen. The federal government of the Gro?deutsches Reich and the city of Berlin, working and collaborating for the organisation of an exceptional event, announce the celebration, from January 18th until June 15th 2011, of the 2011 World Fair, the Expo 2011, to celebrate the 140 years of existence of the German Empire since it's founding in January 18th, 1871 in the Hall of Mirrors of the Versailles Palace. Since the day of Emperor Wilhelm I's crowning, the Reich has grown to become a major player in regional and world politics. And thus, we would like to take this oportunity to celebrate a world-class event where nations and organisations from all around the region will be able to show the world their culture, history and traditions, as well as technological achievements in each one's pavillion at the event.

Participating countries:

• Grossdeutsches Reich
    • Borvosky
    • Nazione Italiana
    • North Inquista
    • Os Corelia
    • Angleter
    • Zuid-Oranje
    • Bade-Wurttenburg

Participating organisations:

• Grossdeutscher Zentrum f?r Raumfahrt
      • (OOC: If any participant wants so, he can design his own pavillion using Google SketchUp. It will then be added to the overall Expo SketchUp model.)

• Borvosky will present their pavilion at the Berlin Expo

(OOC: A chance to use google sketchup for creating something ? count me in ! Is this one whole model that will combine each of the submissions, or do we just have to provide a picture of our pavilion ? Also I was absent for a few days do to a vacation in the state of Pennsylvania)

• administrators

Welcome to the expo Borvosky!

OOC: Well, I'm going to create an entire model with EACH pavillion sent. When you have completed your pavillion, you can upload it to the SketchUp Warehouse and send me the link. Then, I'll add it to THIS collection.

• (OOC:Could I have a scale as to how large a person is in respect to the building ?)

• Nazione Italiana would like to participate in the Expo and will be unveiling official plans within by mid-September.

• [REMOVED]

North Inquista would like to present a pavillion at your expo.

• administrators

QUOTE (Borvosky @ Aug 26 2010, 02:30 AM)

(OOC:Could I have a scale as to how large a person is in respect to the building ?)

ooc: I used the man that appears when you open a new sketchup file as a reference. It is about 1756 mm tall.

• The concepts of the Borvosky pavilion have been completed. Construction on individual components will now start, following with several modular pieces of the building itself. Simplistic architecture and Modern Abstract art have been utilized for our pavilion

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

• administrators

OOC: Cool pavillion, Borvosky. I can't wait to see the SketchUp model. :-)

• group:cid:2:privileges:mods:members

Os Corelia would like a pavillion

• Angleter would also like a pavillion at the Expo.

• group:cid:2:privileges:mods:members

OOC: I am hopeless at computers and can't make anything on google sketch haha any advice for novices

• administrators

QUOTE (Os Corelia @ Sep 7 2010, 02:47 AM)

OOC: I am hopeless at computers and can't make anything on google sketch haha any advice for novices

OOC: I don't know which advice I can give you. Just begin doing shapes and experiment with the programme. Maybe Borvosky's got any advice, seeing his magnificent job in his pavillion...

• Hm, there is a lot of different techniques that I have learned, but I there is so many that I wouldn't know were to start...

• Bade-Wurttenburg would like to take part and would like to present the EU with an award plus several awards for individual countries. Plus the order of the Prussian Eagle would like to participate to.
    Questions are welcome.

BW

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.