?e National Observer Poll

• Admin

Today, Angleter passed a spelling reform replacing the or?ograph 'th' with ? (?orn) for voiceless dental fricatives, and ? (e?) for voiced dental fricatives. Do you ?ink ?at ?is is a good idea, a waste of time, or a stupid mistake? Have your say! Vote and comment!

?addeus ?eron, a ?atcher from ?errenton, had ?is to say:

"I hate it. Every?ing in my life has changed overnight. My name, both names, my occupation, my home town, absolutely every?ing. Even the word 'every?ing'. It's a good job ?ey're allowing ?e 'th's to stay on official documents for a few years, else it'd be a complete logistical nightmare."

But linguist Christopher Crane of Uttoxeter was more welcoming:

"I'm of the opinion ?at it'll help young people and foreigners learn Angleteric English quicker and wi? more ease, and ?at in turn could make Angleteric a 'stepping stone' between foreigners and o?er forms of ?e language- and ?at would be good for our economy, possibly even covering ?e cost of changing!"

Ambivalence is the main attitude among manufacturing workers like New Birmingham's Gurdeep Panjabi:

"I ?ink it's a bit pointless, but I don't mind. Even I can pick it up in a few days or so, and I'm all for simplicity and making it easier so long as our culture doesn't get affected. In fact, ?is might make Angleteric culture more unique! But I ?ink maybe ?ere are better things for ?e government to be doing- even in language reform."

• Admin

'I don't understand why a system that works has to be changed? I myself will continue writing in English the same way I did before.'
    -Aubert Flavion, office worker

'Maybe it'll help people properly pronounce English language words with 'th' that sound differently. Some people pronounce it the same way, though it isn't always pronounced equally.'
    -Andrea Scholl, student

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.