European Heritage Site Act

• Admin

European Heritage Site Act

Preamble
    Recognising and acknowledging Europe's diverse and abundant cultural and natural heritage, this Act establishes the European Heritage Site Program, with the objective of protecting places and elements of European landscape which possess a relevant cultural, natural or historical interest.

Article I: Criteria
    For a site to be considered for inclusion at the European Heritage Site List, it must meet the following criteria:

Section I: Cultural/Historical Site Criteria

(i) "represents a masterpiece of human creative genius"
    (ii) "bears a unique or exceptional testimony to a cultural tradition or to a civilization which is living or which has disappeared"
    (iii) "is an outstanding example of a type of building, architectural, or technological ensemble or landscape which illustrates a significant stage in human history"
    (iv) "is an outstanding example of a traditional human settlement, land-use, or sea-use which is representative of a culture, or human interaction with the environment especially when it has become vulnerable under the impact of irreversible change"
    (v) "is directly or tangibly associated with events or living traditions, with ideas, or with beliefs, with artistic and literary works of outstanding universal significance"
    (vi) "holds a relevant paper in an important or decisive event in human history"

Section II: Natural Site Criteria

(vii) "contains superlative natural phenomena or areas of exceptional natural beauty and aesthetic importance"
    (viii) "is an outstanding example representing significant on-going ecological and biological processes in the evolution and development of terrestrial, fresh water, coastal and marine ecosystems, and communities of plants and animals"
    (ix) "contains the most important and significant natural habitats for in-situ conservation of biological diversity, including those containing threatened species of outstanding universal value from the point of view of science or conservation"

Article II: Inclusion into the European Heritage Site Program and List

(i) Every proposal for inclusion at the list will require it to be approved by simple majority with a voting of the five members of the European Commission.
    (ii) The European Heritage Site List will be updated every two months.

Article III: Protection and preservation

(i) Every and each site included in the Heritage Site List will receive special protection status and will be mantained with European Union funds.

Proposed by Mr. Howard S?nger (ELDL, Gro?deutsches Reich)

DEBATE begins now;
    AMMENDMENTS begin at 12:00 GMT 29/11/10;
    VOTING begins at 12:00 GMT 1/12/10;
    VOTING ends at 12:00 GMT 4/12/10.

• Mod

Aye.

• group:cid:2:privileges:mods:members

Aye

• Admin

Wait a moment! We're still at the debating period! However, I'm glad to see so much support. He he he...

• Aye.

• Admin

Angleter agrees with this resolution, commends Herr Saenger for his introduction of the resolution, and urges all other national delegates to be more proactive in the currently quiet Council.

• We approve the resolution, which will help to protect sensible natural areas in Europe and its overseas territories.

Alexandra Moreno
    Foreign Affairs Minister

• AYE

• We abstain

• Admin

I'll make a clarification. The Act talks about European landscape, but it applies to all EU territories, whether in or outside of Europe.

• This resolution is better than nothing. It would help to protect historic and natural monuments.

On the other hand, it doesn't include special protection to non-material monuments, like languages, folkloric expressions, traditions, etc.

I think it stands short, but it would be an irresponsible act to vote against, so my position is ABSTENTION.

Hicham Mujib
    President

• Admin

VOTING BEGINS NOW. The voting period will end on December 4th, at 12:00 GMT.

• Admin

AYE

• group:cid:2:privileges:mods:members

AYE again!

• AYE

• Mod

AYE.

• Aye again

Izan Moya
    President of the Government

• Admin

AYE.

• Admin

Voting ends now. These are the results:

AYE: 6
    NAY: 0
    Abstentions: 0

The European Heritage Site Act is thus approved. Thank you for participating.

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.