DEBATE: Dissolution of the EU-Conservadom Alliance

As Prime Commissioner, I bring before the EU Commission, a Act to:

1. Terminate the Non-Aggresion pact signed wth Conservadom

2. Terminate the alliance with Conservadom

3. To ban all members of Conservadom from entering the EU

We will have a week long debating process before go to a vote. You may debate here.

OOC: Freeturf marched into the EU and attempted to seize it. He branded GDR a nazi and continued to attack the Commission repeatedly. He attempted to have a "uprising" against the "anti-democratic EU". One of Freeturf's followers was so mouthy that a NationStates moderator had to come and deal with him. Britvaria and a bucket of fellow EU members jumped on his bandwagon and boycotted the EU. I ask, why are we alligned with them in the first place? This is nonsense. Conservadom is nonsense. Conservadom was set-up on a anti-EU basis.

• group:cid:2:privileges:mods:members

The decision of the alliance was taken without consultation of not even the commission. I wish to agree with our prime comissioner and urge us to cut this alliance and put in place a system of consultation with the council over potential alliances.

Councillor Eldert Trilstrea
    EC Representative of The New Parliamentary Republic of Os Corelia

• The Freeturf has changed and isnt that extreme anymore. Britarvia never was against the Eu and never Boycotted the Eu. This is all false information. Britarvia formally apologized for what happened during the month of December. Britarvia had no idea what Gustoniata was planning to do. Conservadom and the Eu both worked through this and accomplished what we hoped for. If this is how you feel then so be it.

Conservadom was set up as a refugee region for nations from Republicans

May I ask where you get your information form?

Again I state: You yourself must admitt you jumped on the bandwagon very quickly when Freeturf left after his attempted rebellion. The peace pact was also false as Marrachekia never ran it through the Commission. I have discussed this topic matter already with GDR, Borvosky and Os Corelia. Nothing I stated is false, all I mentioned had happened. Those who stood against us that day were traitors, you were one of them. Sure you original intention may have not been a boycott per se, but many of the members did so.

Also, Foreign Ambassadors are forbidden in taking part of EU Commission & Security matters, I hereby give you your first warnning. Your pestering must come to a stop, GDR has already notified me that his telegrams were clogged up by multiple messages he had received from Conservadom. We are not interested in aididng any region that has multiple anti-EU members, whether it was you or not, your region means nothing to us.

• As Foreign Affairs Commissioner, my opinion is to denounce the treaty with Conservadom, just in case it has any legal force, and renegotiate the whole relation with that region, if we think it is interesting for the EU to do so.

Eleanor Kelly
    Foreign Affairs Commissioner

• "I stand by Inquista." Says Foreign Diplomat Wolf Buessecke of Farashinikov. "We have been sitting in the back watching the situation decrease into, what seems, a rather emotion driven move by these states. Though our nation is a newcomer we still believe that our voice, being one that is rather neutral, should be heard. We would like to apologize to any nations that might take insult to these comments, we are only giving our opinion on the situation."

ooc: as taken from the message board from EU

• As Commissioner of Defense I vote to dissolve the pact and I shall remove my delegate immediately. I am most hurt by the actions of the region as I was the one who bridged the gap between our regions after our little war. I now see that that was a mistake. I hope one day they will come to their senses and realize that we are democratic and free.

Britvaria, you were one of the first people to leave in support of Freeturf. At first I thought you had seen he errors of your ways, but I was obviously wrong. The fact that you lie to this counsel only furthers our resolve to eliminate this pact. I truly am sorry for my mistake and I hope that this body could forgive me for them.

Clorinaia, you can't dissolve the pact, yet. We first have to do this in a democratic fashion (although you could do it anyway as the Minister of Defence, but we'll prove a point by doing it democratically). And we're also debating the exile of Freeturf and Britvaria. The voting will be held on teh 14th.

• I apologize if it seemed I was jumping the gun. I was simply stating my stance on the pact. I believe my views on the nations are pretty obvious as well. Thank you for telling me this.

• I never said that the Eu worked undemocratically, I never had any intentions of doing anything to the Eu. I joined Conservadom because I wanted to be in a region where I could be involved and that I could call my own. I have nothing against you people but it seems you have something against us. It isn our fault there is an alliance in place. I did not leave in support of the freeturf I left for another reason.

• Britvaria, you have been warned once, we will not do so again. If you interrupt this debate again I shall be forced to use my position to remove the pact. now do not disrupt this meeting again. Also, I suggest you try something other than insults to change our minds. if we had a problem with you, you would no it.

• Fine I will do as you say and I dont want to be part of the Eu commission, When isaid that Eu was undemocratic I was saying what my delegate said, I was a member of the Eu for over 2 years and I know it is very Democrtic

QUOTE (Britarvia @ Feb 8 2011, 11:32 PM)

I never said that the Eu worked undemocratically, I never had any intentions of doing anything to the Eu. I joined Conservadom because I wanted to be in a region where I could be involved and that I could call my own. I have nothing against you people but it seems you have something against us. It isn our fault there is an alliance in place. I did not leave in support of the freeturf I left for another reason.

Yes you did. I say it again, you can not participate in the EU Commission. This is your second warning.

• OOC: Britarvia, debates in the EU Commission section are only for the elected commissioners. National reps discuss matters in the Council section, where nations are represented. What the commissioners are warning you about is not personal, nor even related to the Conservadom issue, it is procedural in that this section of the forum is reserved for the Commission.

And could someone please change my tag back to a normal member. I haven't been Internal Affairs in ages.

• OOC: Yes. Hence Farashnikov and Os Corelia, you'll also have to wait until this gets to the European Council before you can have your say. Dux, either I can't do so, or I'm too inept a mod to be able to- you'll have to find USSR or Bel. Have you tried going on 'Edit your Profile' and changing it yourself, or can only mods do that?

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.