Corelian-British Ambassador Meeting

• Newly appointed Ambassador to Os Corelia, Michelle Branch, arrived in Aerodimus at around midday, looking forward to meeting her Corelian equal before heading into her job at the new British Embassy in Aerodimus. She remarked at how the Scandinavian-styled city was so clean and efficient, while effectively combining architectural efficiency and beauty amidst old and new.

Her instructions were very clear from the newly appointed Prime Minister, Mr. Edward Miliband:

• Ensure British gov't friendship to the people of Os Corelia.
    • Discuss tariff free trade between our two nations
    • Discuss and negotiate free travel between the two nations.
    • Develop an educational exchange at the university and secondary school levels, allowing Britons and Corelians to travel and become foreign exchange students easily, preferably done by a bi-national third party company.
    • Priority international investment spaces gifted to Os Corelia when investing in the UK and vice-versa.
    • Monthly invitations for government officials to meet and discuss matters important to both parties and Europe in general.

• group:cid:2:privileges:mods:members

Prime Minsiter Dorelia Astollo met Ambassador Branch in Leodis Square with a warm greeting and led her to meet parliament members in a formal reception.

'Ambassador Branch welcome to Os Corelia, as you will be aware Viscount Xavier is in Marrakech and apologises for his absence but we are more thna honoured by your presence. I am sure you willenjoy your time in Corelia and willget some time aside from diplomatic duties to enjoy all the delights our naiton has to offer!'

The Prime Minister then introduced Ambassador Branch to Corelia's new Ambassador to the UK Baron Valdaz Kreeinta who was chosen by the county hall for the position.

• Ms. Branch was very happy to be treated so warmly in Os Corelia, and she was delighted to meet her counterpart before the Os Corelian ambassador heads to London. She nearly wasted no time in getting to business.

"Mr. Kreenita, I am so happy to be meeting you. I bring with me news directly from Downing Street regarding our two nations' relationship. We know that of late, it has been rather strained but we in the British government feel that it's time to put that behind us and move forward in friendship and solid alliance. We both recognize that no matter what, we are all here to serve our people and provide them with the best possible resources. The reason that I am requesting to talk to you specifically is that both of us should work with the respective government officials about strengthening our ties economically, politically, and educationally. Our Prime Minister has proposed a deal where Os Corelia and Britain would not have any tariffs being placed on our trade, ensuring consumers get the best deals on both nations products. In addition, he has proposed a system of free travel and educational exchange (a sort of foreign exchange program for secondary and university education) to be run by a bi-national third-party company. I am very much intrigued to hear what you think of this deal."

'Well Ms Branch these ideas sound very interesting and indeed positive in a step for great relations. I believe we shall go and discuss these formally. We shall be taking this evening a flight to Kaldoon where your embassy building is located. You will get chance to steelte in and meet with the various members of cabinet in session.' - Baron Kreeinta

• "Thank you very much, Baron Kreenita. Let us begin this flight." - Michelle Branch

An Hour later

user posted image

'Welcome to the British Embassy the new building we designated here in the Port of Falleija embassy district. You are next door to the Marrakechian embassy and the Pax Aurean embassy so are in good company. We hereby grant this piece of land to the ownership of the United Kingdom. We have installed the following features the first floor of the building is of the highest security with a two-tier security chamber. Your residence is on the 3rd level with a fulllive in apartment that is family friendly. The second floor is the diplomatic offices with fullrequirements and finally the fourth floor is the diplomatic lounge for meetings and also a great palce to host gatherings. We hope this place meets your requirements'- Prime Minsiter Astollo

• Thank you, Prime Minister and ambassador for such wonderful quarters here in Kaldoon to be operating. I do sincerely hope to do my absolute best here as I am our first ambassador to another country in quite some time. We have done much of our international politics either by first hand exchanges with the Prime Minister and Queen or decided not to bother at all. This renewed commitment to the well being of all peoples and positioning ourselves to be able to serve Britain better as a government.

Next Day

'We now call to sesison this meeting with Ambassador Branch to discuss relations between our two nations. Ambassador Branch may I introduce to you the following members present:

Chancellor Keldar Limmenat - Chancellor of National Economy
    Lord Griontria Malstern - Minister of Arts & Culture
    Praetor Eldert Trilstrea - Foregin Affairs Minister
    Kaiserin Maleeka Xavier - Secretary of State
    Lord Khayn Krimtak - Eduction Minister
    Lord Miltok Hargadoon - Health Minister
    Lady Maleeka Perimnt - Minister for Regional Parliaments & Councils
    Lord Hadrion Liszckoszi - Leader of the Council of Regional Decreement

We also have joining us Lady Libitia Kolvek the junior science & technology minister who is deputising the cabinet position after the sad loss of Lady Telisia Monorak. Sitting to chair this meeting with me is the newly appointed ambassador tot he UK Baron Kreeinta. Ambassador Branch would you care to begin proceedings?' - Prime Minister Astollo

• "I would be more than honored," said Ambassador Branch. "Esteemed Corelian delegation, we are all aware of what has transpired in the past. But now with new leadership in London, we are very interested in putting the past behind us and ensuring that you have support in London. Expanding our friendship into a political treaty is a priority to our government, and we realize just what we both have to offer in terms of economic and educational gifts. Prime Minister Miliband has expressed interest in these ideas becoming part of a treaty:

• Tariff-free trade on our mutual nation's exports to provide both nations with quality products at an affordable rate.
    • Free travel between our nation (no passport required to travel between Os Corelia and London; proper national I.D. or military I.D. would be all that's needed. We can talk about how to enforce this and what makes a fake I.D., etc.)
    • A system of foreign exchange, preferably managed by a third-party bi-national company, to allow for educational exchanges at the university and secondary education level.
    • Priority standing when it comes to foreign investors in the United Kingdom, and a reciprocated, equal value for UK investors in Os Corelia
    • Monthly invitations to leaders of Os Corelia and the UK to speak at the respective parliamentary sessions as a way to keep an update on how the treaty is working.

'Now the ambassador has presented the documentaiton and we have all had time to observe them I know call on the relevant cabinet members to adress and discuss these points.' - Prime Minister Astollo

Tariff-free trade on our mutual nation's exports to provide both nations with quality products at an affordable rate

'In regards to this motioned idea and with consultation to the economic indexes of Corelin Industry we at the Chancellory believe that tariff free trade is someting very sustainable and beneficial to Os Corelia but to make the most benficial aspects we ask that we regulate what products are traded free of tariff. That is to say if the United Kingdom offer for example to sell fish to use tariff free this would undercut the large sector of corelian industry in marine fishing which contributes to a lot of local port economies. This of course if common sense and it is expected this was alreayd in the UK government's mind as wel obviously don't want to undercut each other's industries so if the Ambassador can confirm this we are ready to settle in agreement ot the proposition' - Chancellor Limmenat - Chancellor of the National Economy

Free travel between our nation (no passport required to travel between Os Corelia and London; proper national I.D. or military I.D. would be all that's needed. We can talk about how to enforce this and what makes a fake I.D., etc.)

'With this proposition we wish to slightly renegotiate the position. At present only Grossdeutches Reich and Marrakechian citizens can travel to Os Corelia without a visa all other countries including the UK at present need a Visa to enter the country. We simply wish to renegotiate this to a position where UK Citizens would not need a visa to enter the country but we would still require passport presentation. The reason for this is that we use this method of free travel to maintain border control and immigration as Im sure you will understand Madam Ambassador'- Kaiserin Xavier - Secretary of State

A system of foreign exchange, preferably managed by a third-party bi-national company, to allow for educational exchanges at the university and secondary education level.

'This is simply a fantastic idea, my deaprtment does however have qualms about a third party company as we prefer educational services to be nationalised if perhaps more details could be epxlained by Madame Ambassador we can seek a finalised agreement. Corelian Universities are very open to this idea and if a corelian student was to go on exchange to a UK university that the state would fund the fees as is the traidtoon of our system as we do not charge any fees for higher education as we feel them unconstitutional' - Lord Krimtak-Education Minister

Priority standing when it comes to foreign investors in the United Kingdom, and a reciprocated, equal value for UK investors in Os Corelia

'In terms of this proposal we cannot grant exclusivity on this as we currently offer priority investment to investors from the Grossdeutches Reich who we have enjoyed a long political and trade relationship with. This is something we simple cannot afford to loose as they are our major trading partners. We can however prioritise you over other investors effectively placing you in second position and prioritise you in industries that Grossdeutches Reich do not deal in' -Chancellor Limmenat

Monthly invitations to leaders of Os Corelia and the UK to speak at the respective parliamentary sessions as a way to keep an update on how the treaty is working

'For this proposal I am also carrying the views of the viscount and vice-president as well as my own consultations. We believe this to be a great way to ensure ties between our naitons and something we are more than happy to agree to'- Prime Minister Astollo

• "In regards to adding the language to this proposed treaty where we would allow for regulation in the industries by the appropriate national authorities in both Britain and Os Corelia, that is more than appropriate. It is, in fact, a necessity that we maintain our regulatory standards, and Parliament and the Prime Minister would never object to adding such language to a potential treaty.

Allowing for visa-free travel, but still needing a passport is, again, a reasonable response due to your already adhered standards and we in Britain will be more than happy to allow for such language to be written into a prospective treaty.

I am very pleased to hear that such educational exchange is well-liked by the Corelian government. What we mean by having a bi-national company is purely organizational, and all laws of both companies would have to be followed as would any sort of regulation. So, if the Corelian government wishes to be the half of the company/organization and the British government be considered half so that we have a smooth system of communication between our two educational systems in the process, that would be more than welcome. The idea is to allow for this system to be something that would allow us to review and approve of such exchanges for both national securities and quality of the education received.

For the economic proposal, we would gladly be accepting of second status in Os Corelia and be sure to 'tread softly' around German industries in the nation. We would, then, allow you to have first priority in non-state run industries (we assume most social industries such as health care and transportation on the ground). This treaty comes as an idea to help strengthen our ties and not anger anyone who finds Os Corelia just as important and valuable to Europe as we do.

The Prime Minister and his government will be pleased to hear that an Os Corelian delegation will be speaking to Parliament on a monthly basis, and we are happy to hear that our government will be allowed to speak to the Os Corelian Parliament. We feel it can do nothing but good, whether it be from the potential ideas that could be expressed or from mere interpretation from another perspective.

I do hope what I have said is helpful, Mr. Astollo, to you and the rest of the delegation." - Ambassador Branch

OOC: Prime Minister Astollo is a woman!!! hehe

user posted image

'I believe that all these proposed languages and ordinances are in order and the Os Corelian government find these changes agreeable. I hereby announce by the power invested in me by the constitution of The New Parliamentary Republic of Os Corelia and on behalf of the Viscount of The New Parliamentary Republic of Os Corelia I sign this treaty with the government of The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Ireland and thus we begin in writing a friendship that I am sure will last' - Prime Minister Dorelia Astollo

• ((OOC: Thank you for that...it was very ambiguous for a while so I tried to avoid gender as long as I could.))

"I will be sending this treaty to Prime Minister Miliband, as he will be more than excited to sign this historic document," said Ambassador Branch

A few days later

With the powers invested in me by the British Parliament and people, I hereby sign this treaty, solidifying our position with Os Corelia and building further economic, social, and cultural ties with this great nation.

Signed,
    Prime Minister Edward Miliband, MP

Baron Kreeinta had packed up all his things and his partner Jaleema had decided to move to London too. The Young Baron after all his work for the naiton students union was excited ot finally be making a difference being a voice for a naiton he loved. He arrived in London wiht excitement and criosity of the land he was to call home

Looks like your connection to NS European Union was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.